Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Copied from someone on Facebook:

Dr. Tam has absolutely no credibility left. The TV spots with her in them probably cause more harm then good. Anyone that has been following her message from the beginning would have already realized that what ever she says, the opposite will be true in a couple of weeks. In late January she said that travel bans don't work, and was calling anyone asking for one a racist. Two months later we have a travel ban. She was claiming that the risk to Canadians was low all the way up to the first week of March. We are now stuck in our homes with the majority of the Country in lock down. She continues to claim that masks are not needed, while the CDC now recommends them, and the majority of countries who are recovering claim that they have helped.

tbh, that was pretty much the rationale of the majority of "the experts", as high up as the WHO. Those who claimed otherwise, were the odd ones out.

Edited by action

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I just remembered a really aincent cartoon:

haha, was one of my favorite child programs. I remember an episode with a group of them in a boat, working hard to row, and there was this lazy ass crocodile doin nothing and complaining about how they would be having chicken for dinner again. "bah, chicken again", he mumbled.

I also remember that blasted snake, who was never up to no good (who would have guessed?)

Almost 6,000 new infected in the UK yesterday. At the most, Spain had 8,200 new cases and Italy had 6,500 new cases, before they turned the tide. Of course, these numbers aren't accurate but just reflect how many are tested. Fortunately, the health care capacity in the UK is better than in Spain and Italy, so hopefully they will manage to cope with the increasing number of hospitalizations that will come, otherwise this could get grim quite soon.

Edited by SoulMonster

Simple no bake cookies. Because you need

•  a hobby
  •  an activity to do with kids or anyone else needing stimulation
  •  a way to bribe kids
  •  a treat with high energy inputs
  •  to keep the house cool now that the warm weather is arriving in the northern hemisphere
  •  something that doesnt call for out-of-stock ingredients like eggs or flour, that is affordable and uses few ingredients
  •  but mostly you need these no bake recipes because the economic catastrophe thats brewing will very likely result in rolling blackouts, meaning you cant as easily bake cookies in the oven

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 2:06 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Why get so worked up about that shit? There is nothing you can do anyway. Worrying and getting upset won't change a thing. Whatever happens happens. Keep calm, think positive and ride it out. If it gets bad, it gets bad without you worrying and getting worked up and you've wasted the last time you could feel somewhat good. If it doesn't get all that bad, then all the worrying and getting worked up about it, was all for nothing and just made your time miserable.

I know and I appreciate your telling me this. I try not to worry, but it's in my nature.

Anyway, watched the local Dallas news today. People have been putting white ribbons and bows around their trees or outside their homes or apartments in support of all the medical workers who are on the front line of defense against the virus.

I made a bow out of a white sheet. People seem to be doing this around my neighborhood.

How about all of you begin to do this and maybe it'll go around the world as a hopeful sign for everyone?

Also you can make homemade masks out of any cotton material around your house. Just make a big enough strip to cover your nose and mouth and put a rubber band on each end. Just remember to wash them after you use them outside and wash your hands and use santizer. 

Be safe and stay inside!

11 minutes ago, moreblack said:

This would be awesome if it works. Who knows? 

But I guess it can't hurt to try.

I watched the world news last night and it seems since most people in LA aren't driving as much as they used to, the smog has gotten less.

The picture of the city actually showed blue skies and white clouds. amazing. When my mom visited LA in 1974 you couldn't see the sun nor the sky on most days. She called it the city without sun.

Anyway, I did think this was a sign that Mother Nature is showing signs of improvement on the earth. It's just saddens me that it took a terrible virus for this to happen.

Maybe the earth will renew itself once the virus is contained. That would be a good thing for all of us.

Also, US death total passes 10k. 

Though it’s being reported that the death total in the US is likely higher since many people who died of respiratory problems were not tested for COVID-19 prior to late February, early March. 

not wishing this on anyone, but it's ironic that BJ is one of the few leading politicians who implemented "herd immunity" at the start of the epidemy in the UK, and now he's struggling with this disease.

BJ is a victim, just like any ordinary citizen who gets this virus and needs to be admitted to intensive care, or worse. Hope he gets well, but he being the prime minister is of colossal symbolic importance to politicians everywhere.

I hope, inadequate politicians / presidents all over the world (we know who they are), will take this example as a "wake up and smell the coffee moment" NOT to take this virus lightly.

it is not "like the flu", its not "only marginally more deadly than the flu", and young people as well as middle age or older people can all die from this.

it's now too late to act though. you can't stop this machinery of nature that has been put in motion. the dice are thrown, and the results are coming in. Day after day.

stay safe, everyone

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think everybody should stop flapping. Listen to some music or watch a film and take your mind off things. 

Agree! I do watch some news, but then also try to do things that are stress relievers, like baking or watching a funny show. It's important to not think about this every second.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anyway, watched the local Dallas news today. People have been putting white ribbons and bows around their trees or outside their homes or apartments in support of all the medical workers who are on the front line of defense against the virus.

I made a bow out of a white sheet. People seem to be doing this around my neighborhood.

How about all of you begin to do this and maybe it'll go around the world as a hopeful sign for everyone?

Also you can make homemade masks out of any cotton material around your house. Just make a big enough strip to cover your nose and mouth and put a rubber band on each end. Just remember to wash them after you use them outside and wash your hands and use santizer. 

I get the sentiment, but really, do you need bows out of sheets to get hope or show support?! Seems like an irrational waste of effort to me. Talk to other people instead. Have fun. Don't do something that at the end of the day really helps no one.

As for the masks… those are kinda useless too, as they don't protect you and to be safe and protect yourself, you still should keep the distance and once you do that, they are useless to protect anyone else. It seems more of an alibi move to me. To make people "feel" more safe.

1 hour ago, action said:

not wishing this on anyone, but it's ironic that BJ is one of the few leading politicians who implemented "herd immunity" at the start of the epidemy in the UK, and now he's struggling with this disease.

BJ is a victim, just like any ordinary citizen who gets this virus and needs to be admitted to intensive care, or worse. Hope he gets well, but he being the prime minister is of colossal symbolic importance to politicians everywhere.

I hope, inadequate politicians / presidents all over the world (we know who they are), will take this example as a "wake up and smell the coffee moment" NOT to take this virus lightly.

it is not "like the flu", its not "only marginally more deadly than the flu", and young people as well as middle age or older people can all die from this.

it's now too late to act though. you can't stop this machinery of nature that has been put in motion. the dice are thrown, and the results are coming in. Day after day.

stay safe, everyone

What exactly does it change though? It's been said from the beginning that people with underlying medical conditions are more likely to be severly affected by this Virus and obviously also younger people can have those.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think everybody should stop flapping. Listen to some music or watch a film and take your mind off things. 

Stock up on plenty of intoxicants and go find god. Then listen to Sabbath and Motorhead. When your well and truly off your tits, stick on the doors. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

One nasty dry cough last night and ive been paranoid that i have it since :lol:

Throats a tad scratchy but no other symptoms so i probably don't have it but try telling my anxiety that.

Your anxiety should drink a glass of hot milk. If you can add a little bit of honey into it, even better. It works for me anytime I get the usual cold.

• Like 1

Well it was only a few days ago people were praising the Japanese to the hilt - a nation who had successfully beaten, or came close to it, the virus - and now Japan is declaring a state of emergency!

Edited by DieselDaisy