UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

3 hours ago, username said:

Okay, some impressions. 

Apparently they're doing: 
 - UYI 1 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 1
 - UYI 2 remaster + Live Era 2.0 disc 2
 - UYI Super Deluxe featuring UYI 1+2 remasters + Ritz + Vegas (so that's going to be 6 discs?) 
 - Possibly a box set featuring any combination of the above + hopefully a BluRay?

I have to admit the tracklisting of the bonus discs sounds interesting (Yay, Bad Apples!). 

BUT what scares me the most here is pricing. We don't know any yet, but I'm afraid it will be skyhigh. Hopefully they've learned from the AFD boxset, which was ridiculously priced and then dropped so hard it was nearly insulting to the idiots (lets be honest) who bought it at full price. But this is Team Brazil and learning things doesn't seem to be their strong suit. Their strong suit is milking casuals. I also hope GnR fans learned from the AFD box set not to buy anything if it's ridiculously prices, since all we need is just a little patience. 

What also rubs me the wrong way is the impression that the seperate remasters will contain different bonus material than the super deluxe. That just feels like a trap to make hardcore fans spend their money on this stuff twice. 

The artwork just looks really lazy to me. I'm sorry but I've seen a ton of fanmade UYI art that's much better. This is incredibly unimaginative. 

Then there's the other big problem - no demo material, not even Ain't Goin Down. Which is a shame. Yes, we all cried for live material when the AFD box came out, but is it really that hard to do a healthy mixture of both?

So unless there's something really good that hasn't been announced yet and it's being sold at a very reasonable price (and I have no hope for either of those), they're not getting my money on this one. 

800px-Calico_Jack_Jolly_Roger.svg.png 

The energy supply crisis and global production backlogs mean that, yes, any deluxe edition containing vinyl LPs will be very expensive, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Couldn't that guy tell us what exactly it was that he was helping them with? 

To be fair to him in this instance, if he's been invited to work on this by the label he probably has to sign NDAs saying he won't talk about the release and it's contents until it's publicly announced.

• Like 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Some folk need to chill 🤣

If the announcement comes and this is it then by all means go mental…the amount of teeth gnashing over something that hasn’t been officially announced yet is crazy.

I’ll be ranting like the rest if this really is it (I’m pretty sure it’s not)….but I’ll be waiting on the official announcement first.

Can't blame us, we're starving here, almost to death! 

Matt sounds so cool on this one. And Slash was noodling back then too... But there wasn't internet back then to complain. I love it. Axl sounds cool of course but some lyrics of the bridge souds weird

22 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Admittedly it'll be nice to have official releases of some of the glaring omissions from Live Era like DTJ and LALD. 

And Civil War! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sounds disappointing (as usual) so far. 

I don't really care for demos but where the fuck is Ain't going down and the remaining Spaghetti tracks?!

No video?! The only acceptable reason for not including live concert vids would be if they plan to release those seperatly, so the fans can choose and buy them whenever they wish so the boxset  won't get too expensive.

I wonder if the remaster of the main albums is any good.

They released one song and You are already complaining. At least wait for the final release

• Like 2

4 hours ago, username said:

I'm doubtful the GnR marketing department (who I'm assuming is cousin João Lebeis who had vast experience as a logger prior to this job) even relizes this. Let alone that they'd make use of it. 

I don't understand how this band is not managed by the top guys in the industry. You know any pro worth their salt would love to add GnR to their resumé, and make a load of cash to boot.

• Like 1

I like they are including live stuff. I’m not going to complain since they are actually doing something for once. But I would like to see GNR join up with Nugs. Put all their live stuff on there. They could cash in on all the live material just sitting around while also pleasing most every fan. 

I do hope they also do something with unreleased UYI songs. I know not everything could make it on CDs but would be cool if they did even a flash drive again with stuff not included on discs.

Ain’t Goin Down, the potential You Could Be Mine demo pre 91, Perfect Crime 86 Live or if there was an early days demo. West Arkeen demos. UYI Outakes. There’s a lot of potential bonuses that could be used. Hopefully some of that stuff gets proper treatment somewhere down the line if it isn’t here. 

But if they aren’t going to include Aint Goin Down on this. It makes me wonder if they intend to redo it as a “new song”

• Like 2