UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

10 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

I don't understand how this band is not managed by the top guys in the industry. You know any pro worth their salt would love to add GnR to their resumé, and make a load of cash to boot.

That’s not how management works. They had Irving Azoff. He’s the top guy. Fact is that this is how Axl wants the band to operate. No one is going to tell or manage him differently 

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I like they are including live stuff. I’m not going to complain since they are actually doing something for once. But I would like to see GNR join up with Nugs. Put all their live stuff on there. They could cash in on all the live material just sitting around while also pleasing most every fan. 

I do hope they also do something with unreleased UYI songs. I know not everything could make it on CDs but would be cool if they did even a flash drive again with stuff not included on discs.

Ain’t Goin Down, the potential You Could Be Mine demo pre 91, Perfect Crime 86 Live or if there was an early days demo. West Arkeen demos. UYI Outakes. There’s a lot of potential bonuses that could be used. Hopefully some of that stuff gets proper treatment somewhere down the line if it isn’t here. 

[B]But if they aren’t going to include Aint Goin Down on this. It makes me wonder if they intend to redo it as a “new song”[/B]

I honestly wouldn't mind if they went the Van Halen route and repurposed/re-recorded some of those old, unreleased songs as proper finished songs on a "new" album.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

These were also the warm up shows for the UYI tour and the Ritz is intertwined with the band’s history. I believe Shannon Hoon makes an appearance at this show as well 

"The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels."

gnrontour.com

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if they went the Van Halen route and repurposed/re-recorded some of those old, unreleased songs as proper finished songs on a "new" album.

I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to it. Especially for Aint Goin Down. I would like to see them make it more like the 86 version. But lyrics need some work because it feels like somethings missing. But heck, they might not release that because they have intentions to release Goin Down and the titles would contradict each other :lol:Who even knows anymore

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

This would have been a no brainier. Pick the best 5 oldGNR demos, and the 6 best CD2 demos and re do them as a new album. There’d be something for everyone on that.

• Like 3

1. Hard Skool

2. Ain’t Going Down

3. Bring it Back Home

4. Zodiac

6. Oklahoma/Berlin

7. Me and my Elvis/Soul Monster

8. Absurd

9. Reworked old song

10. Reworked old song

11. Tonto

13. Reworked old song

12. The General

Would have been fine

Edit- Forgot about Quicksong and Perhaps. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This would have been a no brainier. Pick the best 5 oldGNR demos, and the 6 best CD2 demos and re do them as a new album. There’d be something for everyone on that.

There we go. 

1. The General

2. Bring It Back Home

3. Soul Monster

4. Too Much Too Soo

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. Just Another Sunday

7. Perhaps

8. Aint Goin Down

9. Zodiac

10. Goodnight Tonight

11. Quick Song

12. Knockin On Heavens Door

Now that’s an album

• Like 1

Lots of complaining about this version of You Could Be Mine being released. 

Here's my take on the rationale behind this selection:

They had already decided to release an early 1991 show to contrast it with a later 1992 show. Despite being close in time, the Ritz in May 1991 was from the very beginning of the touring (the third and final "warm-up show" before the UYI tour started properly), it was a smaller venue, it had Izzy. The 1992 show was after the band had toured a bit, Gilby had come in. Quite different shows. 

As for why exactly Ritz on May 16 and not another 1991 show, I would suppose there could be technical reasons why it lends it itself more to release, maybe they simple have better recording from it, and maybe they thought it overall was a good show and representative of this period in time.

As for You Could Be Mine specifically. I think they wanted this song to be the first single and to represent the forthcoming release, like they did back in 1991 when the album version was released as a single. It is not perfect by any means, but it does work to show how the band was back then and there is a ferociousness to it. It is not an untrue representation of early 1991 Guns N' Roses. Besides, it might not be the best song from the Ritz show, but a fitting introduction and as I said, it parallels what they did back in 1991. Maybe the rest of the show is better but again, I suspect they wanted this song to be released first.

Or maybe they just don't care that much about this and neither will most people buying the remastered UIYs...

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

Just had a conversation about this with a non GNR fan friend. 

"So it's looking like two albums you have, with a couple of discs of live stuff?" 

"Yep, really excited about it!"

"But nothing new, just live stuff?" 

"Yeah" 

"Why are you excited? Why don't they do something new?" 

Not much I could say really! 

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just had a conversation about this with a non GNR fan friend. 

"So it's looking like two albums you have, with a couple of discs of live stuff?" 

"Yep, really excited about it!"

"But nothing new, just live stuff?" 

"Yeah" 

"Why are you excited? Why don't they do something new?" 

Not much I could say really! 

On one hand they did do 2 "new" songs last year and this release is about UYI, on the other hand they're not wrong lol

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

What happens when you change the format to vinyl 😆 

• Haha 1