UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

Regardless of what versions people buy, I hope everyone here has learned not to pay full price for GNR box sets. They've discounted the AFD box yet again because they still haven't sold them all.

image.png.0ba74c2cb0f613280c8d5a2d5ad7f9eb.png

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Super deluxe version is down to $50.

I'll wait till the UYI vinyl box is down to $200-250 before I consider buying it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Regardless of what versions people buy, I hope everyone here has learned not to pay full price for GNR box sets. They've discounted the AFD box yet again because they still haven't sold them all.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/music/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

I'll wait till the UYI vinyl box is down to $200-250 before I consider buying it.

This is the cheapest I’ve seen it. I copped when it was $399 with a 10 percent code, so I grabbed it for under $400 after tax. Still pricey, but honestly, the box itself is nice enough for me to consider it worth it. I have it in my bedroom on display. Looks awesome. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tommyrai said:

Did axl add vocal to end of nov rain as there’s a post saying young axl duetting with older axl? 

No. If you listen to the original very closely with inears, you can hear the harmonies. They've just been brought forward in the new mix so they stand out more.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, RichardNixon said:

I pre-ordered UYI I and II and the boxset.

Amazon says I will receive UYI I on 11/30, UYI II on 11/11. No estimate on the boxset.

Anyone else having issues?

I got an email from Amazon stating the Super Deluxe CD Box Set would be delivered sometime between 11/18 and 11/22. That's a little disappointing, but Amazon usually updates their anticipated deliveries to an earlier date fairly often.

As far as the limited edition vinyls, I don't know who the shipper's going to be on that. Was thinking UPS, because they were the carrier for my Locked & Loaded set in 2018. In any event, even if it ships on time, I have it scheduled to be delivered to the post office because I have to keep a box for mail. Post office is closed on Friday because it's Veterans Day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I got the box at a great price after waiting. As much as I really want the UYI vinyl box I’m holding off until it drops - and it absolutely will as you say.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

My guess for the blu ray as a stand alone release is next summer. :/

Hopefully with the Ritz box set I dream about.. 87, 88 and 91 Ritz Blu Rays with a bunch of bonus features and audio of all the best performances of each song. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hopefully with the Ritz box set I dream about.. 87, 88 and 91 Ritz Blu Rays with a bunch of bonus features and audio of all the best performances of each song. 

I'd totally buy a Ritz 88 blu-ray... I wonder how come that one has never been officially remastered and released. Does MTV have the rights to it or something? Amazing show, I used to watch it like every day as a teen.

Edited by Sonic Reducer
  • Like 1

These shows are most of interest 

Cathouse 1989 - shot on film - one of the last full shows with Steven, too

PA 1988 - shot on film

Farm Aid 1990 - last original band show

Rio 1991 - first UYI lineup show 

Paris 1992 - represents the peak of GNR’s popularity 

Argentina 1992 - great show 

Saskatoon 1993 - great show

Belgium 1993 - great show 

Milton Keyes  1993 - great show, one of Izzy’s last until 2006

Argentina 1993 - last UYI lineup show / last show with Slash & Duff for 23 years 

I would pair some shows together like

Cathouse 1989 with Farm Aid 1990, and the 1989 guest spots as bonuses

Paris 1992 with VMAs 1992 and the Freddie Tribute as bonuses 

etc

Edited by AxlRQ93
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

is it just my country, or did they finally manage to sell all of those boxes? It's saying sold out when I'm looking at it on the site.

the fifth picture on the website shows someone sitting on it. I wonder if there's people out there who dare sit on their AFD box

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sold out now