10 years ago Guns N' Roses are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The R&RHOF knew Axl still had issues with former members, particularly Slash so I wonder why they just didn't try and wait on this induction. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and even the optimists wouldn't guess the reunion would happen 4 years later.

I'm wondering if Axl would've been willing to participate if they get inducted after the reunion? It's hypothetical but I don't think things really change if they aren't inducted in 2012. The NITL reunion still happens but Axl might be more receptive as he's made peace with Slash.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mystery said:

The R&RHOF knew Axl still had issues with former members, particularly Slash so I wonder why they just didn't try and wait on this induction. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and even the optimists wouldn't guess the reunion would happen 4 years later.

They probably wanted the glory of “Reuniting” GNR. 

It all played out in typical GNR fashion. 
The thing I recall the most is how fucking pathetic Matt Sorum was, Adler took it all in his stride. But still, Sorums a prick.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

The thing I recall the most is how fucking pathetic Matt Sorum was, Adler took it all in his stride. But still, Sorums a prick.

Izzy also stayed away from this which made it all seem like when Van Halen was inducted. Steven's shirt brings me back to that era when TMS was a prominent show. Gilby attended this but he wasn't actually inducted.

As far as reuniting the band, it reminds me of this VH1 show called Bands Reunited that actually thought they could reunite the Smiths. Seemed just as foolhardy as this but we eventually got a somewhat happy ending.

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

What did Sorum do? I know in his book, he talked about how Slash/Duff basically left him high and dry and were going to have him play tambourine, but did he do anything publicly that was bad? 

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Dizzy comes off as such a brown noser for declining also though I get it. He's been in the band for over 30 years now but I imagine people would think you're talking about Izzy if you bring him up.

He probably wanted to go but was too scared of Axl firing him or getting mad

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mystery said:

I'm wondering if Axl would've been willing to participate if they get inducted after the reunion? It's hypothetical but I don't think things really change if they aren't inducted in 2012. The NITL reunion still happens but Axl might be more receptive as he's made peace with Slash.

Because it was far more exciting causing controversy of "what's going to happen". Putting them in now is not exciting when everyone is getting on... only outlier is IF Izzy would show up now.... anyway! they are in now so that line of thought is pointless.

They should have just bent a little and paid to have Axls band in attendance IF they wanted to be there and not pushed too hard for Axl to perform with Slash. Could have led to a reunion instead it delayed it for another few years... on the plus side we got a pretty good 2012 gnr tour where Axl still sounded like Axl on the majority of songs. 

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Dizzy comes off as such a brown noser for declining also though I get it. He's been in the band for over 30 years now but I imagine people would think you're talking about Izzy if you bring him up.

Well, if you were in his shoes and the guy who literally changed your life in every way possible had drawn a line in the sand; are you going against that? I don't think so. I'm sure he wishes it was different though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Because it was far more exciting causing controversy of "what's going to happen". Putting them in now is not exciting when everyone is getting on... only outlier is IF Izzy would show up now.... anyway! they are in now so that line of thought is pointless.

They should have just bent a little and paid to have Axls band in attendance IF they wanted to be there and not pushed too hard for Axl to perform with Slash. Could have led to a reunion instead it delayed it for another few years... on the plus side we got a pretty good 2012 gnr tour where Axl still sounded like Axl on the majority of songs. 

Well, if you were in his shoes and the guy who literally changed your life in every way possible had drawn a line in the sand; are you going against that? I don't think so. I'm sure he wishes it was different though. 

Dizzy never rocking the boat is probably why he's been in Guns N' Roses longer than all the Appetite members (except Axl) which is so weird when you think about it. I don't blame him but it's laughable that his decision wasn't based on anything other than his spot in the band at the time. 

It really felt like they were trying to force a reunion between Axl and Slash. Axl wasn't having it at that point and I think only way he attends is if only the current band attends. I don't think it really delayed the NITL reunion though.

23 hours ago, mystery said:

The R&RHOF knew Axl still had issues with former members, particularly Slash so I wonder why they just didn't try and wait on this induction.

B/c Guns is a “first ballot”-level HOF act. That matters a lot more historically than what happens during the actual evening IMHO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

B/c Guns is a “first ballot”-level HOF act. That matters a lot more historically than what happens during the actual evening IMHO.

I think it's as much a commercial event though. They'd 100% want Axl to participate but overestimated their own importance in forcing a reunion. I get it historically because it's comparable to snubbing a superstar player in a sport first ballot.

It's just that for where the older members were in 2012 you were never going to have them make amends, perform together, and be inducted at a ceremony. It happened on its own more naturally a few years later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystery said:

I think it's as much a commercial event though. They'd 100% want Axl to participate but overestimated their own importance in forcing a reunion. I get it historically because it's comparable to snubbing a superstar player in a sport first ballot.

It's just that for where the older members were in 2012 you were never going to have them make amends, perform together, and be inducted at a ceremony. It happened on its own more naturally a few years later.

Yeah. I hear ya. The RNRHOF probably figured they’d get enough mileage out of the uncertainty (i.e. “Will they or won’t they?”) of it all to still come out ahead in the end regardless of what happened. As I recall, the Axl letter was inside a week of the actual event. By that point, tables, tickets, advertising, etc. all sold- and they could still just roll out the omni-popular Slash n’ Duff with whoever was on hand, and call it a “show”. Frankly, I suspect the RNRHOF was just as happy to have the whole Guns thing behind them at that point.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Axl isn’t inducted?  He declined. Is that correct or am I wrong?

surely you can’t induct someone if they don’t want it and write an essay about it.

Axl was inducted after asking the hall of fame to not be inducted in the open letter he wrote. Recently Dolly Parton asked to not be inducted and they inducted her anyway.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Axl isn’t inducted?  He declined. Is that correct or am I wrong?

surely you can’t induct someone if they don’t want it and write an essay about it.

You can see who was inducted from the official website complete with member signatures. https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses I'd personally just induct the Appetite lineup but Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed also got inducted.