09/08/22 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

alfierose

8 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

the band is in the sunset tour and is a recen t sunset tour bc some years ago it was allright, from 17 it wen t downhill in terms of axl voice bc he is a senior now and is okay we should take it for what it is and enjoy what we could, is like pretending a maradona in his final years to score goals like he was en 86s, we cheer the assistences and the privilege to see a living legend 

I guess that Beta no read it to Axl.

8 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

i don t know if s beta f fault, she take care of axl but the managment of fernando i gess thats the problem 

I not mean that Axl voice is Beta fault, just says that sure Beta isn't read it hard critic to Axl, cause she understand portuguese language, and sure she don't wish bother to Axl. 

I watched the 45 min rip on YouTube, I though Axl sounded ok on the fast songs (I was expecting worse), but weak on the slower songs, I’ll cut him some slack though due to his proclamation of illness, I’m sure that will make a difference.

The crowd seemed to really enjoy it still which is the main thing, and the band still sound fantastic. I hope to get a hq rip of the whole concert.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

I watched the 45 min rip on YouTube, I though Axl sounded ok on the fast songs (I was expecting worse), but weak on the slower songs, I’ll cut him some slack though due to his proclamation of illness, I’m sure that will make a difference.

The crowd seemed to really enjoy it still which is the main thing, and the band still sound fantastic. I hope to get a hq rip of the whole concert.

How was Don't Cry?

13 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

I felt Axl seemed OLD this show. For the first time really. Something about him.

Pro shot performance with up close shots of Axl using a different film crew. Those cameras are unforgiving. Also, ever notice that during a concert when Guns camera crews are filming there’s never one up close shot of Axl? Like ever? They always use full body shots. I heard this has been an unspoken rule for a long time now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Pro shot performance with up close shots of Axl using a different film crew. Those cameras are unforgiving. Also, ever notice that during a concert when Guns camera crews are filming there’s never one up close shot of Axl? Like ever? They always use full body shots. I heard this has been an unspoken rule for a long time now. 

But he didn't mind...he was very into it and  was enjoying the concert and public interaction. But yes he looks old....I guess you cannot stop time

5 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Frank has never been good. Ever. 

Great guy, but average at best drummer. Having a solid drummer is what’s been missing for years. A lot of the songs have felt flat for a long time because of him. DTJ, YCBM, Those are drum based songs and they are pretty awful with him drumming. 

Matt Sorum is that you? 🤣

• Haha 2

Have watched more of this, I’ve been a staunch defender of Axl in recent years but he does not sound good here, in any way. As I said earlier, he did proclaim to be sick, so that is a mitigating factor. Was reminiscent of London night 2, but worse. I think it was a struggle for him throughout.

What a crowd though.

22 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Damn, I forgot how good he sounded in 2016 

I’ll always be at the front of the 2016 train. He nailed it when push came to shove, that was the one year he needed to have a solid voice and he did it. Sounding killer for the GNR reunion and AC/DC did wonders. I know people ragged on his 2016 GNR voice at the time because some of the AC/DC songs were so good, but he was still extremely solid with GNR that year. His voice surpassed 2006,2007, and even 2010 at times that 

I think 2016 was an Indian summer, though. At 60, I just don’t see his voice magically having another come back. From 2011-2014 I think it was overall because he wasn’t trying, as hard, but I think he is now. 

Even if he isn’t, not everyone is Steven Tyler. DLR, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, Geddy Lee, Vince Neil, and more all have vocal troubles as they age. 

it sucks, but I’m glad I got some good shows in my past. I guess the rest is what it is. They won’t be around playing at all, eventually

• Like 2