09/08/22 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

alfierose

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

How can Axl POSSIBLY think his rewriting of the Slither chorus melody sounds good?

Maybe not the chorus but a i enjoy his style in the verdes and i think is cool that he wanted to sing it. I mean maybe is not what we expected but at least myself since that one came out i wondered how would axl sound on it and i usted to listen mash ups all the time. So yeah like it And they didn't play it the previous shows in Argentina so i'm looking forward to hear it

I know Axl is the weak link right now but i was born in 1994 and most part of my life My favourite band weren't togheter anymore and Axl was talking shit about Slash. So i've never tought they would reunite. Maybe no one thought that. The first time i saw them togheter Slash and Axl in 2016 it blew My mind and my heart. It was too late? Could have been better? Yes. But could have been worst and we' ve seen it. So i'm gratefoul for what we got. Sorry for My English i'm from Argentina 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jaap1978 said:

Hi all, long time lurker and here registered just before I went to the Hannover show on 15th July, but took a while to get the final registration done and happy to be here!

As I was interested as well in watch the Rio show but didn't had the time last night (actually morning here) to watch it via VPN, I just found this link. It's incomplete as it stops around Sweet Child of Mine, but so far enjoying watching it.

Why is the video flipped? 

lol I had no idea GN'R was doing Rock In Rio, gonna check the pro-shot
Edit: this is brutal how Axl is having a hard time on some songs, the whole world knows it now, we can't hide it anymore, "he sounds better in person" excuse

Edited by Fanboy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Edit: this is brutal how Axl is having a hard time on some songs, the whole world knows it now, we can't hide it anymore, "he sounds better in person" excuse

Have we been hiding anything? :lol:

And yeah, you are less likely to fuss over his singing when you are in the audience. 

33 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

It’s all out there for everyone to see and has been for a while now. This is what Axl sounds like now so folk need to accept it - if people don’t like it then don’t watch/listen/but a ticket. The one absolutely legitimate criticism that can be levelled is his insistence on not changing the singing style of the songs (like London) or even signing stuff like Dust N Bones etc which would be FAR more comfortable. 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Have we been hiding anything? :lol:

And yeah, you are less likely to fuss over his singing when you are in the audience. 

I’m one of the poor folks who had tickets for Glasgow. I’m fully aware of Axls capabilities and yet I was 100% in on going to the gig because some dodgy vocals here and there CAN be ‘masked’ if the band is firing and Axl is giving it full energy.

2 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I sleeped before the concert started but watched Jungle later and the band sounds like ass, I don't know if it was the Rock In Rio audio, since they are well known to be terrible with the streaming audio but they just didn't sound on sync, don't know how the rest of the show sounded but...

Most people think the band sounds really good, including me. And the Rock in Rio audio was very good, much better than before.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Most people think the band sounds really good, including me. And the Rock in Rio audio was very good, much better than before.

I am not an expert but I think the mix/sound in that stream was very nice indeed.
And what was Axl doing with that fence :-)

I noticed Axl wasn't singing Absurd in that booming voice that he did on the US/Europe runs. Has he lost a little power in his low voice or was he just pacing himself? 

Also, that getup with the blazer and '01 glasses looked cool as fuck 

Edited by Gibson87

18 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Which is pretty great, especially live.

I dunno - Axl's voice is definitely in a weird place right now though, even a friend of mine who caught GNR in 2021 here in LA mentioned how lesser his vocals were compared to the lengthy LA show from 2017 - and this is an even more drastically lowered performance than that one

I know Axl and Proshots don't typically get along well in general, but man a lot of rough moments on this one

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno - Axl's voice is definitely in a weird place right now though, even a friend of mine who caught GNR in 2021 here in LA mentioned how lesser his vocals were compared to the lengthy LA show from 2017 - and this is an even more drastically lowered performance than that one

I know Axl and Proshots don't typically get along well in general, but man a lot of rough moments on this one

I’ve just learned to live with them, appreciate the stronger parts, and appreciate the effort.

9 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I wouldn’t go that far. 

Atlantic City 9-11-21 was pretty great. 
Hershey? Not so much. 

Just now, Ratam said:

The Brzilian site Terra compare Axl voice with Billy Idol voice, and no in favourable sense. They threat very hard to Idol and suggest he was drunk. And says that Axl and Idol sung together would be the Apocalypse.

the band is in the sunset tour and is a recen t sunset tour bc some years ago it was allright, from 17 it wen t downhill in terms of axl voice bc he is a senior now and is okay we should take it for what it is and enjoy what we could, is like pretending a maradona in his final years to score goals like he was en 86s, we cheer the assistences and the privilege to see a living legend 

• Like 2