09/08/22 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

alfierose

52 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Ozzy is in worse shape.  Sang at halftime at nfl opener last night.  Sounded great and is releasing album 2 soon.  Stop with the excuses

🤣 Anybody can sound great when they use prerecorded vocals. Great seeing Ozzy back on stage, but his live voice isn't being out through the mix outside of talking it's not really what I'd consider great.

Axl is warts and all, and that comes with a bit more bad than good but at least he's live

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Funny to read this. I was there and I saw Axl coughing LOTS of times and then spitting, especially after using rasp. Like he was forcing so much that he would end up cleaning his throat and expectorating mucus. I saw him blowing his nose sometimes also.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

13 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

People here are talking about 3 surprises tonight.
Don’t know where this rumour is coming from. My thought is that we’ll have the same setlist. 

3 surprises, we got them. They didn't play Reckless Life and I Wanna Be Your Dog (this was a chance to get a pro shot recordings of these 2 songs:() and there was no Josh Freese;s guest appearance. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gabmmor said:

Funny to read this. I was there and I saw Axl coughing LOTS of times and then spitting, especially after using rasp. Like he was forcing so much that he would end up cleaning his throat and expectorating mucus. I saw him blowing his nose sometimes also.

That would explain the short setlist, but really they always take the interesting songs out.

Hi all, long time lurker and here registered just before I went to the Hannover show on 15th July, but took a while to get the final registration done and happy to be here!

As I was interested as well in watch the Rio show but didn't had the time last night (actually morning here) to watch it via VPN, I just found this link. It's incomplete as it stops around Sweet Child of Mine, but so far enjoying watching it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jaap1978 said:

Hi all, long time lurker and here registered just before I went to the Hannover show on 15th July, but took a while to get the final registration done and happy to be here!

As I was interested as well in watch the Rio show but didn't had the time last night (actually morning here) to watch it via VPN, I just found this link. It's incomplete as it stops around Sweet Child of Mine, but so far enjoying watching it.

Finally a proshot that made me happy & proud that this reunion happened and the guys survived and are still in nice live action.
I am proud of these guys performing. Slash & Duff were great & Axl in most songs  pleasurable. Love the order of the setlist especially the first 1/3 of the show. 

Edited by GNROSAS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gabmmor said:

Yeah. I saw that too many times. 

Okay, so ... erm. I'll give Axl props for trying and always giving his best. I genuinely appreciate that and I really like that about him.

But holy shit this band sucks. I'm usually not one to exaggerate, but I feel like I've been distancing myself more and more from GNR over the past years. Seeing this performance ... it was a real moment. A moment where I realized that I'm really not interested anymore. In a very dramatic way, this felt like the final nail for me.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Okay, so ... erm. I'll give Axl props for trying and always giving his best. I genuinely appreciate that and I really like that about him.

But holy shit this band sucks. I'm usually not one to exaggerate, but I feel like I've been distancing myself more and more from GNR over the past years. Seeing this performance ... it was a real moment. A moment where I realized that I'm really not interested anymore. In a very dramatic way, this felt like the final nail for me.

Okay, so... erm. Whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1