What is your favorite Axl look post 2000?

39 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

So in 2003 he was 41, his skin looks unnaturally smooth, probably Botox. Three years later he has a goatee which is aging, but still looks like Botox in his forehead, it's very smooth.

In 2009-2010 it all of sudden looked like he had aged 10 years. What the hell happened? My guess is weight gain, maybe he stopped Botox and other treatments, could possibly be illness of some kind too?

Don't know how to insert image from URL, can anyone be so kind and guide this boomer? 😁

Idk but he looked quite normal to me in 2010. A bit older, but definitely him. The weird episode, as I perceive it, was 2001 to ca 2003 (we don't know much about 2004-05). 

Axl_Rose_2010.jpg

On 1/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, jamillos said:

2006/07: badass 
2010: handlebar not that great, but he was still cool, lots of bandanas and not bloated yet
2016: almost typical Axl, too many hats, not bloated yet 
2002 (03) was interesting, but it can’t be assessed as a single unit, because he looked differently at each leg/season, and that includes both his clothes and his face

Accurate. 

2006 Axl was a force to be reckoned with. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

So in 2003 he was 41, his skin looks unnaturally smooth, probably Botox. Three years later he has a goatee which is aging, but still looks like Botox in his forehead, it's very smooth.

In 2009-2010 it all of sudden looked like he had aged 10 years. What the hell happened? My guess is weight gain, maybe he stopped Botox and other treatments, could possibly be illness of some kind too?

Don't know how to insert image from URL, can anyone be so kind and guide this boomer? 😁

I think Chinese Democracy's release along with personal issues affected him in 2008-09. He allegedly overhauled management around this time and you also had him ditch the braids so issues related to his personal appearance were at play. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite pictures of a slightly recent Axl is the one where he is smiling at the camera with his arm raised in a "Hi!" Gesture. He has a backwards cap on. There is a happy, youthful , playful light in his eyes and his smile. 😄 He looks like a slightly chubbier and older version of his 1988 self. A Poster posted this picture and I posted something like,"Hey, that's literally middle aged Axl! Not his young 20 something year old self, not his older 60 year old self! He looks about 40 in that picture! " A Poster said something like,"He was actually more like 56 in that picture. When he was actually about 40 he looked really weird like he was botoxed up or something."

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

please no :P looks like sick

I edited my post ;)

He was sad when that picture was taken. That's from Lisa Marie's Funeral, which is why he looks so off in that picture.🥺 On a lighter side note, his right ear looks very huge in that picture. 🤭

On 2/17/2023 at 5:31 PM, JasmineSwe said:

192574-axl-rose-950x600-2.jpg

Thanks @janrichmond👍

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this picture is supposedly from 2010. Quite a change in four years. Saying that, I think he looks better now than he did when he was around 50. Seems to be in better shape. 

This was around 2012/13 think when he was spotted with Lana del Ray... But I am not positive that it wasn't earlier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

There you go

Capture.JPG

Quite a look😄 but at least he looks his age rather than having crazy Botox etc. Put in

I think most people would agree he looked pretty good in 2009/2010. No cycle shorts, no braids, no chaps. Just jeans t-shirt/shirt and hats and bandanas but still in decent shape physically and vocally. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Karice said:

He was sad when that picture was taken. That's from Lisa Marie's Funeral, which is why he looks so off in that picture.🥺 On a lighter side note, his right ear looks very huge in that picture. 🤭

I know.

I was talking about gnrpersia photo-edited

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

This was around 2012/13 think when he was spotted with Lana del Ray... But I am not positive that it wasn't earlier.

I be sure when Axl was sppoted with Lana he said  " Not in this Lifetime".

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I be sure when Axl was sppoted with Lana he said  " Not in this Lifetime".

That is correct 🙂 They seem to have remained friends since, always thought they suited each other despite the age difference. Also would be cool to have a Lana song with Axl guesting on it. 

• Like 1