The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

17 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

I've been a fan of this band since Appetite came out.   A good friend of mine who was stationed at 29 Palms,  Cali.  introduced me to them as he saw them live in the LA Clubs before they were big. 

There was a time, not long ago, that I never thought I would get a chance to see them (the Big 3 together) live again (I saw them live 4 times in the late 80s early 90s).  Life is too short, and I can certainly afford the tickets without sacrificing my grocery money. So I will go see them ANYTIME they are within reasonable distance of my area. 

There are far too many bands I never got I chance to see, thinking that I'll always have time...Prince, MJ, Aerosmith only once thus far, just to name a few. 

Just saying, again, life is short and you never know what may happen, or if you'll ever get the chance to see them again. 

Completely agree with you @Rjuncajun on every level.  (Nice you got to experience early  1990s )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timoteo said:

You’ll get the same set list at double the cost! If you order your tickets today we will throw in a butchering if the classics you grew up with at no extra cost. DIAL NOW!

Money is just money… but time is precious and you seem to be wasting your sweet time on here slagging a band you clearly don’t like and their fans. Should I tell you how to spend your time? No? Then stop acting entitled and telling people how to spend their money and how they should live 👍🏼  

image.gif.407d32e08c825380caae86183123dbdb.gif

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’d been so excited to get Hyde Park tickets once my work bonus came though. Now I’ve got the cash and I’ve not bought tickets. I refuse to pay all that money for a show I saw only last year at the Spurs stadium.

Pisses me off that I love this band.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Aerosmith released a countdown, hopefully a new album with a tour announcement. Axl Rose did this in 2008 before releasing the CD, but the tour only started a year and a half later.

Wasnt the countdown on myspace. I remember it being released there first for streams before anywhere else.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

I've been a fan of this band since Appetite came out.   A good friend of mine who was stationed at 29 Palms,  Cali.  introduced me to them as he saw them live in the LA Clubs before they were big. 

There was a time, not long ago, that I never thought I would get a chance to see them (the Big 3 together) live again (I saw them live 4 times in the late 80s early 90s).  Life is too short, and I can certainly afford the tickets without sacrificing my grocery money. So I will go see them ANYTIME they are within reasonable distance of my area. 

There are far too many bands I never got I chance to see, thinking that I'll always have time...Prince, MJ, Aerosmith only once thus far, just to name a few. 

Just saying, again, life is short and you never know what may happen, or if you'll ever get the chance to see them again. 

Could flip that round though and say "life is too short to keep seeing the exact same thing over and over, when there is so much else out there to see and do?" 

I see both sides on this one. 

I wish to hell though that I felt as excited about seeing them live as I did in 2017/2018. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Could flip that round though and say "life is too short to keep seeing the exact same thing over and over, when there is so much else out there to see and do?" 

I see both sides on this one. 

I wish to hell though that I felt as excited about seeing them live as I did in 2017/2018. 

I think most people have no problems seeing both sides of the coin.

But there are only a few people who seem to have a problem with people attending and either try to give them a bad conscience for doing so (because it is "enabling" then band to not focus on new music) or try to make it seem it is somehow a bad decision to want to go and watch your favorite band play.

19 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

I missed the Joshua tree anniversary tour but not too upset because U2 have a few tours left in them. I missed out on last Aerosmith but what sucked the most was missing out on Elton John twice in Australia. 

20 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Hopefully we’ll get a leak of it one day. Hopefully before I’m drawing my pension and using denture fix

Thanks to the stopping of the mic toss those dentures shall wait a little longer. Too soon?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think most people have no problems seeing both sides of the coin.

But there are only a few people who seem to have a problem with people attending and either try to give them a bad conscience for doing so (because it is "enabling" then band to not focus on new music) or try to make it seem it is somehow a bad decision to want to go and watch your favorite band play.

I suppose it is sort of "enabling" though- if this carries on selling they won't change. But it's also entirely up to people how they want to spend their time/money. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to see them as they are now and I think it's very sad they don't want to change things up, but if people do want to keep going.....up to them. I can't really get mad at people wanting to see something I don't. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:25 AM, Rjuncajun said:

Life is short but gnr's tour is endless. It'll last F.O.R.E.V.ER 😂