The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Richard might not even be lying, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if more stuff has been recorded. The thing is it literally does not matter because Axl will hold it up forever and make sure no one ever hears it.

At this point I agree with you, I just think a lot of stuff has been done but the time of releasing It could be never.

Thinking about this, could It be that all the songs that appear when we looked up on Spotify could have been recorded?

The codes between Hardskool and Absurd were completely the same as songs that appear, just time will tell I think

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Knowing GNRLand, Fortus probably hit 'Send' by accident and it meant to say, "I have no knowledge of that."

lol. He's the definition of a yes man with arrogance thrown in.

He knows comments like this will get fans going. Fair enough it's probably annoying get criticised for doing sweet fuck all recording with a band you've been in for two decades, but taking it out on fans with subtle and shit allusions like he does is pretty ridiculous.

Either tell us something genuine or say nothing and pick up your cheque. The way he throws in these vague comments now and again is just annoying.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 5:57 PM, AtlasShrugged said:

lol. He's the definition of a yes man with arrogance thrown in.

He knows comments like this will get fans going. Fair enough it's probably annoying get criticised for doing sweet fuck all recording with a band you've been in for two decades, but taking it out on fans with subtle and shit allusions like he does is pretty ridiculous.

Either tell us something genuine or say nothing and pick up your cheque. The way he throws in these vague comments now and again is just annoying.

It's not vague though, is it? And personally I prefer that he confirms that he has recorded songs with the band that are unreleased. I can't really understand why people would prefer he didn't say it. It is nothing new, we've heard it all before. So I don't get the anger. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It's not vague though, is it? And personally I prefer that he confirms that he has recorded songs with the band that are unreleased. I can't really understand why people would prefer he didn't say it. It is nothing no, we've heard it before. So I don't get the anger. 

It is vague. More than likely talking about stuff that has already been released when the fan is asking about new music. Have seen him be snarky with fans in comments before on his Facebook (don't have examples to hand but recognise the tone)

3 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It is vague. More than likely talking about stuff that has already been released when the fan is asking about new music. Have seen him be snarky with fans in comments before on his Facebook (don't have examples to hand but recognise the tone)

No, vague would have been a sentence that was unclear and open for interpretation. He explicitly said he had recorded songs that could be released. 

And he can't be talking about already released songs since the question was whether he had recorded songs in the studio that could be released. 

Years ago (during the CD era, but I believe after the release of the 2008 album) Richard Fortus was interviewed, and when asked what his favorite GN'R song was, he said it was one we have not heard yet. 

I wish I found this interview. Was it a rumor (or did he say) he plays lead (including a solo) on an unreleased song? 

I believe Richard also said CD2 was a bit weirder (something to that effect) than the 2008 album. I'm not sure what he meant by that, but assuming Eye On You, and Thyme/P.R.L. make the album, it certainly would be a little more "out there" than the 2008 album. Throw Silkworms/Absurd on the CD, and Nothing... I totally get it now. Though largely, from those who have heard most or all of CD2 from the CD era, they said it was more or less the same type of material as the first album, though perhaps a bit darker, which makes sense with what we know about The General and Soul Monster.

I hope Richard has a much stronger presence on the next album (CD2) than he did on the 2008 album. It's almost insulting Bumble was noticeably featured (same with Frank) but Richard didn't seem to be on there as much. Maybe that was the intent, or maybe I'm deaf to his presence on there, he obviously was included but it didn't seem prominent. 

I asked him if he would be playing Buckethead's parts on the next album/follow-up material, and he told me he would be playing his own parts. Not sure exactly what he meant, he could of been slightly offended by my question, but since he plays some of Bucket's parts live, it seemed like a logical question as he's more capable than Slash at covering the Bucket bits. Instead of playing Bucket's parts on unreleased material, he will probably re-record them in a different way that he sees as more fitting for the song. But what will happen to any song that has a strong Buckethead presence? I assume several of the Bucket songs were held back for CD2 that didn't make the first album. 

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Years ago (during the CD era, but I believe after the release of the 2008 album) Richard Fortus was interviewed, and when asked what his favorite GN'R song was, he said it was one we have not heard yet. 

I wish I found this interview. Was it a rumor (or did he say) he plays lead (including a solo) on an unreleased song? 

Are you maybe thinking of this?

1F349F46-0400-4BD9-B462-3AA30A2B706A.thumb.jpeg.77c1bac0e58024d51412f95fdcf685a1.jpeg

A lot of interviews have been lost through the passage of time, particularly Richard’s Guitar Forum Q&A late December 2014/15 where he said Axl spent the last few weeks laying down vocals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Fun fact, I conducted that interview. And you are entirely right: https://www.a-4-d.com/t6041-2009-07-27-appetite-for-discussion-qa-with-richard-fortus#23486

Btw, how can you not know all GN'R interviews are easily found here at A4D? https://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

1F349F46-0400-4BD9-B462-3AA30A2B706A.thumb.jpeg.77c1bac0e58024d51412f95fdcf685a1.jpeg

A lot of interviews have been lost through the passage of time, particularly Richard’s Guitar Forum Q&A late December 2014/15 where he said Axl spent the last few weeks laying down vocals.

Don't say anything is lost before you check with A4D: https://www.a-4-d.com/t2565-2014-11-20-intimate-guitar-workshop-richard-fortus

In this case it is actually kind of lost, although we have transcribed parts. 

Nothing any member of the band says seems to have any relevance now to what actually happens in GNR. 

Honestly, if one of them said "a new album is coming out on Monday" I wouldn't believe it until the album came out. 

It's just bonkers all the years we've had of comments and statements. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Dean said:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

No, vague would have been a sentence that was unclear and open for interpretation. He explicitly said he had recorded songs that could be released. 

And he can't be talking about already released songs since the question was whether he had recorded songs in the studio that could be released. 

We'll agree to disagree. I think it's open to interpretation and think he has form for deliberate vagueness.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Reads to me like he’s referring to Absurd or HS…

Q: Any chance you could record there some tunes for GnR that could actually be released 

A: I have. 

English is not my mother tongue, but I think my question makes sense, I was asking him if he could record THERE tunes that could be released, as in the future

The way I interpret his response is that he has already recorded tunes in there that could be released

• Like 1

since GNR are often saying they're recording stuff but not releasing it, i hope this is some equivalent of album constipation. how cool would it be, if when something major finally releases, it's not just one thing, but a whole bunch of major releases near each other?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

since GNR are often saying they're recording stuff but not releasing it, i hope this is some equivalent of album constipation. how cool would it be, if when something major finally releases, it's not just one thing, but a whole bunch of major releases near each other?

Something like that Spotify Album (which we, and only we, started to call UYI3)  released AT THE SAME TIME as the UYI 1 and 2 reissues?

Yeah guess what, didn't happen.

• Haha 1