The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

8 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Nope...

Don't be a covid (convid) excuser... made no difference, wouldn't have released anyway... other bands did music vids from homes/studios.. live stream gigs... or still brought out new albums... this band is just a joke. 

Nothing new is coming, calm the farm buddy.. 

any band who wanted to release music did. Covid has zero effect on it.   people need to stop using that for being lazy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

any band who wanted to release music did. Covid has zero effect on it.   people need to stop using that for being lazy

Definitely not true. Lots of bands have come out and said they covid changed their plans.  Avenged Sevenfold recently had for example.

I'm not saying that's the case with GNR, but covid definitely had an effect on a lot of different bands releasing material.

These daft cunts don't care neither should we ( easy to say I know ) , it's wank, I bought a bootleg of 2002 yesterday in Camden, it was so exciting to hear that band, I hope they release something, but IL enjoy anything else, it's poor, 7 years of boring same setlist gigs, lost potential, Glastonbury is gonna be a potential disaster, a shame, my favourite band, ....but not my only band

4 hours ago, tommyrai said:

These daft cunts don't care neither should we ( easy to say I know ) , it's wank, I bought a bootleg of 2002 yesterday in Camden, it was so exciting to hear that band, I hope they release something, but IL enjoy anything else, it's poor, 7 years of boring same setlist gigs, lost potential, Glastonbury is gonna be a potential disaster, a shame, my favourite band, ....but not my only band

What show did you buy? What's the quality like? 

Bands released more music during Covid on average or prepared albums for the coming years. It’s really only GNR (or one of the members specifically) that used it as an excuse not to release anything. But yes, other forum members are right- if it wasn’t covid, it would be something. We saw that from 2011 and onwards. 

Axl doesn’t care. He has no desire to release music and apparently none to even sign off on it anymore. GNR is essentially a retirement job for him. It’s been a consistent cycle since 2018- take half a year off, tour for half a year with one or two more covers, rinse and repeat. We are far out of this band’s prime and well into the sunset years where they’ve sold out. The shows are to see a legacy act and there’s nothing beyond that anymore. Slash and Duff release music on their own and are content doing that. It has taken me a long time to accept that this is the reality of GNR and I think a lot of people are either in agreement or will agree within the next few years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Bands released more music during Covid on average or prepared albums for the coming years. It’s really only GNR (or one of the members specifically) that used it as an excuse not to release anything. But yes, other forum members are right- if it wasn’t covid, it would be something. We saw that from 2011 and onwards. 

Axl doesn’t care. He has no desire to release music and apparently none to even sign off on it anymore. GNR is essentially a retirement job for him. It’s been a consistent cycle since 2018- take half a year off, tour for half a year with one or two more covers, rinse and repeat. We are far out of this band’s prime and well into the sunset years where they’ve sold out. The shows are to see a legacy act and there’s nothing beyond that anymore. Slash and Duff release music on their own and are content doing that. It has taken me a long time to accept that this is the reality of GNR and I think a lot of people are either in agreement or will agree within the next few years.

You're right Man. It's simple

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it wasn’t covid, it would be something. We saw that from 2011 and onwards. 

I was not yet present in the fan community back in 2019 and earlier, have there ever been any signs of some music coming from the reunion lineup?

Fiona Apple actually pushed the release date for her last album up to much earlier because she decided that giving people music to enjoy was meaningful to her during the height of the lockdowns. 

COVID has not stopped those who truly, and honestly do want to put out music and even if it did it sure wouldn't still be the case in 2023 when everyone else but GNR has figured out how to do it

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, K00b4 said:

I was not yet present in the fan community back in 2019 and earlier, have there ever been any signs of some music coming from the reunion lineup?

Not really, the last 'New Album' thread got to 1000 pages and that was started in December 2019. Many hopes and theories have died since then. 

Welcome to the forum :) 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

In all seriousness I think new material is pretty much inevitable. Bare minimum posthumous releases.

So 2040’s, 2050’s we’re thinking? With Axl’s release speed, living or not I could see that. 

I agree on Posthumous material. Don’t think we’re getting anything else. I’m judging this off of the delay of the Slash singles he mentioned in interviews multiple times that all led to nothing, and 2023 is looking fruitless as well. What the possible hell could be the hold up at this point of time?

1 hour ago, K00b4 said:

No, not really. Just lots of “we’re touring” “we’re considering x and y” talk, which all sounds like excuses to me whether or not new music was hinted at all

40 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You know what's arguably even more egregious than not releasing new material? Things like:

1. Not bothering to officially release Oh My God. Not even the End of Days version that was in the film 24 YEARS AGO. I love that song.

2. Not bothering to upload the Terminator 2 music video for You Could Be Mine to their YouTube channel.

3. Not bothering to do a good job with the NITL selects.

4. Not bothering to release LIVE albums.

5. Not bothering to release covers they do like Dust in the Wind or Wichita Lineman.

6. Not bothering to do acoustic/unplugged shows.

7. Not bothering to release all the classic era pro-shots or even the modern ones.

8. Not bothering to release the COMPLETED Perfect Crime UYI docunentary.

9. Not bothering to release the COMPLETED CD Remix album.

10. Not bothering to get Izzy and Adler back even for just one special pro-shot show.

11. Not bothering to release cool high quality merch instead of ripping us off with cheap crap. Shove their toy trucks and storybooks up their ass lol.

12. Not bothering to mix up the setlist.

These types of things are such easy-win low hanging fruit. Doing them would meaningfully benefit themselves and the fans. There's no excuse, whatever the reasons or combination of reasons ultimately it comes down to incompetance and ineptitude. Fuck this band/Axl haha.

I’d add this: 
- Not bothering to address the fact a new record was promised by the "manager" 3 or 4 years ago, never to be mentioned again (logic and courtesy would suggest some communication here). 
- Not bothering to address the fact new singles were promised by Slash for last summer, never to be mentioned again (logic and courtesy would suggest some communication here).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You know what's arguably even more egregious than not releasing new material? Things like:

1. Not bothering to officially release Oh My God. Not even the End of Days version that was in the film 24 YEARS AGO. I love that song.

2. Not bothering to upload the Terminator 2 music video for You Could Be Mine to their YouTube channel.

3. Not bothering to do a good job with the NITL selects.

4. Not bothering to release LIVE albums.

5. Not bothering to release covers they do like Dust in the Wind or Wichita Lineman.

6. Not bothering to do acoustic/unplugged shows.

7. Not bothering to release all the classic era pro-shots or even the modern ones.

8. Not bothering to release the COMPLETED Perfect Crime UYI docunentary.

9. Not bothering to release the COMPLETED CD Remix album.

10. Not bothering to get Izzy and Adler back even for just one special pro-shot show.

11. Not bothering to release cool high quality merch instead of ripping us off with cheap crap. Shove their toy trucks and storybooks up their ass lol.

12. Not bothering to mix up the setlist.

These types of things are such easy-win low hanging fruit. Doing them would meaningfully benefit themselves and the fans. There's no excuse, whatever the reasons or combination of reasons ultimately it comes down to incompetance and ineptitude. Fuck this band/Axl haha.

No 9, a blessing that never happened. From what we've heard the remixes are amateur and would have been dated for 2008 let alone 2014. 

On 5/28/2023 at 8:42 AM, CAFC Nick said:

It’s crazy to think the tour starts in 4 days and there is not even the slightest hint of anything. This must be the quietest the forum has ever been on the eve of a tour.

It's hard to think of anything to get excited about. We know the setlist, we know there's nothing new coming and no new music. It's just neverending tour until they've made enough money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

It's hard to think of anything to get excited about. We know the setlist, we know there's nothing new coming and no new music. It's just neverending tour until they've made enough money. 

I think the fact so few people on this forum are going to the tour speaks volumes about the tour. 

On 5/28/2023 at 5:12 PM, CAFC Nick said:

It’s crazy to think the tour starts in 4 days and there is not even the slightest hint of anything. This must be the quietest the forum has ever been on the eve of a tour.

Well if anyone had any sense they wouldn't attend?.... why anyone still pays to see this "band" live LOL....

The band dials it in, and the vocals are cartoon mousey... yea.. okay.. that's worth $200 plus dollars admission fee in 2023 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The more you feed them.. the more the will accept it, an laugh at you all the way to the bank.  Team Brazil  rubbing their grubby hands all the while.Facts. 

Enjoy 🫠🤘

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I love the songs, I'm still a fan, but at this point the GNR camp are a pack of cunts lol. And not in a cool way; in a very, very tedious uninteresting way.

On the other hand, you have Metallica, who have 11 albums to their name, constantly giving back to their fanbase, releasing proshot audio of EVERY concert, hold several events in each city on the day of their concerts to make them coming to town an actual event. Much unlike this circus; a real band justifying their pricetag. 

Fuck the Lebeis'.

Edited by kanecrescente

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

While Metallica does indeed have more albums, the only songs I think are truly great/GNR level are...For Whom the Bell Tolls, Master of Puppets, One, Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters. So for me personally GNR has a lot more material to offer.

But you're right they treat their fans way better.

Taste regarding the music is subjective, of course, but they absolutely blow GNR out of the park when regarding fan treatment

• Like 3

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I wish I was a Metallica fan they get all the good shit

I wish Metallica fans could see what they’re getting from their band through our eyes. Any time any of them would complain about anything in the future, all they’d need to do is look at it from a GN’R hardcore fan’s point of view, and I guarantee nobody would complain about anything ever again.
"Holy shit, how lucky are we?! Take a look at those poor bastards over there in the GNR camp!" 

• Like 1