The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Agreed. And frankly I’d be thrilled with two songs vs no songs especially if one is the General!

I don't know why people are expecting a full album! Slash has given a very specific plan for what is happening in regards to new music by GnR. He wouldn't have given such specific information to trick everybody while they have a full album brewing up for release. He said they reworked 4-6 songs from what Axl had and would be released 1-2 at a time until they're all out, and then would be put together and released as an EP. Hardschool and Absurd were included in that 4-6 count. That leaves potentially 2-4 more songs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Not he did not mention a potential album. Why are people either willfully ignoring what he said or choosing to not read the dozens of times myself and others have clarified ....

Slash said they already released 2 songs, and that there are potentially only 2-4 more coming. They would then all be released together as an EP ... 4-6 songs total. Those being ChiDem 2 songs that Slash and Duff reworked. It's like a broken record. For whatever reason we will never know, Axl has abandoned what remains of his ChiDem project except a few songs .. 2 of which are Hardschool and Absurd. We will be seeing only 2-4 more songs from that era, going by what Slash said, which is the most recent and only information on new music plans we have to go by from an actual source.

Yeah i do wonder why Axl abandoned the rest. Makes me think that he really didn’t do many studio vocals post-Village.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah i do wonder why Axl abandoned the rest. Makes me think that he really didn’t do many studio vocals post-Village.

Yup that's exactly where I'm at. I used to be a big believer in Axl and his vault, but Pele made very good points and made me start thinking otherwise. But what's even crazier is even with Axl not doing many vocals after the Village, surely he had more than just 6 total songs completed? So it's very strange why he isn't releasing everything, unless only what Slash & Duff picked is what got reworked. The entire thing is just nonsensical. All the way back to ChiDem taking until 2008 to be released and then never having the sequel released. 

25 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah they’ll probably just keep dropping one or two songs every time they do a lap around the world, from now on.

I don't know if they will release something new every time they tour, Hard Skool was released in 2021, that is two previous tours. On the last tour in 2022 they didn't release anything.

It really makes the Angel Down cameo Axl did a crazy thing, the dude potentially barely recorded new vocals after the early 2000s yet randomly did 3 amazing sounding vocal takes just spur of the moment for Sebastion Bach's album

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It really makes the Angel Down cameo Axl did a crazy thing, the dude potentially barely recorded new vocals after the early 2000s yet randomly did 3 amazing sounding vocal takes just spur of the moment for Sebastion Bach's album

Tommy was in Gn'R for a long time. Why would Tommy lie and say that Axl recorded vocals in each year he was in the band? he doesn't have anything to gain by lying about that. The Locker leaks are not a good indication of how much vocals Axl managed to record, and he also said the second half of Chinese was done.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Tommy was in Gn'R for a long time. Why would Tommy lie and say that Axl recorded vocals in each year he was in the band? he doesn't have anything to gain by lying about that. The Locker leaks are not a good indication of how much vocals Axl managed to record, and he also said the second half of Chinese was done.

Vocals every year doesn't mean full vocal takes for individual songs. All the tinkering he did with his vocal takes on the 2008 release could be what Tommy meant. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Yeah I think there were certain songs like Oklahoma that Axl may have had ideas for in his head but probably never actually recorded.

If finally that is true, I would be very sad, because Oklahoma instrumental was so good and a song that Slash could fit in perfectly!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Vocals every year doesn't mean full vocal takes for individual songs. All the tinkering he did with his vocal takes on the 2008 release could be what Tommy meant. 

He mentioned Axl recording vocals after the album came out.

46 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yup that's exactly where I'm at. I used to be a big believer in Axl and his vault, but Pele made very good points and made me start thinking otherwise. But what's even crazier is even with Axl not doing many vocals after the Village, surely he had more than just 6 total songs completed? So it's very strange why he isn't releasing everything, unless only what Slash & Duff picked is what got reworked. The entire thing is just nonsensical. All the way back to ChiDem taking until 2008 to be released and then never having the sequel released. 

In fact, Slash did not said exactly the number of songs they did, I remember a quote where he said: we would release 1-2 and another 1-2 and that would be pretty much at all, I don't remember exactly how many we did

I find it fascinating how much influence CD project had and has on Axl’s/GNR’s career. 

It began like 25 years ago? And it’s still going on. It seems like this chapter won’t be finished until Axl is dead. 

It’s both sad and interesting. I wish Axl released an autobiography. By now, I’m way more interested in getting to know what exactly happened in the process of creating this album and how Axl feels about all of this than in listening to unreleased songs.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I don't know if they will release something new every time they tour, Hard Skool was released in 2021, that is two previous tours. On the last tour in 2022 they didn't release anything.

In 2022 they didn’t tour in America, correct? I think 2021-2022 counted as one tour, and now 2023 counts as another tour.

Unless they re-mix (to correct) Absurd and Hard Skool and properly master them, I hope they leave them off a future release, unless they plan on mixing new songs in the same awful fashion... which would be upsetting. 

I hope Slash's influence on The General, Perhaps, etc. doesn't take it down a notch or two.

I would also like it if half or more of an eventual new album has songs completely untouched by the NITL lineup. Songs like Shackler's Revenge, Slash wouldn't fit well anyways. I wonder what will become of the Bucket-heavy tracks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

Unless they re-mix (to correct) Absurd and Hard Skool and properly master them, I hope they leave them off a future release, unless they plan on mixing new songs in the same awful fashion... which would be upsetting. 

I hope Slash's influence on The General, Perhaps, etc. doesn't take it down a notch or two.

I would also like it if half or more of an eventual new album has songs completely untouched by the NITL lineup. Songs like Shackler's Revenge, Slash wouldn't fit well anyways. I wonder what will become of the Bucket-heavy tracks. 

I fully expect them to be mixed in the same awful fashion

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I find it fascinating how much influence CD project had and has on Axl’s/GNR’s career. 

It began like 25 years ago? And it’s still going on. It seems like this chapter won’t be finished until Axl is dead. 

It’s both sad and interesting. I wish Axl released an autobiography. By now, I’m way more interested in getting to know what exactly happened in the process of creating this album and how Axl feels about all of this than in listening to unreleased songs.

I don't think any of us really understand why Axl won't talk to fans, do interviews, release music or any of those things. 

It seems like the late 90s and early 00s is the last time he ever really made music and a chunk of it still remains unreleased. 

Plenty of musicians have walked away due to the lack of activity. 

I actually think the current band will go on hiatus soon for a bit. I think Slash will want to write and release music again before he retires and he ain't getting younger.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Bucket head hasn't been in Guns in 20 years now and has never spoken of his time in the band since. I'm sure anything he worked on was canned a long time ago. 

Slash will for sure elevate whatever material exists and give it a GNR vibe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

In fact, Slash did not said exactly the number of songs they did, I remember a quote where he said: we would release 1-2 and another 1-2 and that would be pretty much at all, I don't remember exactly how many we did

We’re just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs. And I think that’s gonna be pretty much all of ’em. I’m not sure exactly how many we did in total. 

That is the exact quote, and from that quote we can surmise that the current plan is to release 2-4 more songs and then that will be it. There is no other way to interpret that answer. "I think that's .. all of em." is a Slash way of saying "that's everything" ... 4-6 songs total including Hardschool and Absurd ... Trying to deny that and continue to postulate baseless theories is just plain stubbornness. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Bucket head hasn't been in Guns in 20 years now and has never spoken of his time in the band since. I'm sure anything he worked on was canned a long time ago. 

Slash will for sure elevate whatever material exists and give it a GNR vibe

No guarantee on that, I think Axl is loyal to the ideas he thinks are great no matter where they came from... This is especially true considering the Fortus comment that they worked on material from the 90s slash era during the making of Chinese. Also, bucket had been out of the band for a long period when CD finally got a release too and he was still all over it.

As far as his actual playing I think all will be replaced, but the ideas will remain

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

We’re just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs. And I think that’s gonna be pretty much all of ’em. I’m not sure exactly how many we did in total. 

That is the exact quote, and from that quote we can surmise that the current plan is to release 2-4 more songs and then that will be it. There is no other way to interpret that answer. "I think that's .. all of em." is a Slash way of saying "that's everything" ... 4-6 songs total including Hardschool and Absurd ... Trying to deny that and continue to postulate baseless theories is just plain stubbornness. 

Well calm down, that's your point, in my point of view ''I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total'' does not mean that's everything, does mean that maybe there are 2 more songs or 1 or 3, or maybe there are not more, but he does not remember exactly how many they did, in case maybe you're right but nobody knows!

• Haha 1