The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I’d love for the next album to be called ‘Bottom of the Barrel” 

Have the cover be a barrel. Then have the insert book be a flip book moving closer to the barrel until it goes over head and down in the barrel to show the Guns N Roses tag. 

or I’m still fine with Chinese Leftovers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Maybe to hear which songs sound stronger vocally and which songs sound “not so great”.. if they’re having a full live broadcast maybe he wants his weak songs to be avoided. 
I’m hoping I’m correct with that but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely he must already be aware of which ones he struggles to sing though? 

The timing of this just seems like it can't be coincidence. In my view it has to be related to new material of some sort. 

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I’d love for the next album to be called ‘Bottom of the Barrel” 

Have the cover be a barrel. Then have the insert book be a flip book moving closer to the barrel until it goes over head and down in the barrel to show the Guns N Roses tag. 

or I’m still fine with Chinese Leftovers

I quite like your thought. Regarding the design ..Can we get the skeletons in there too please? @Grayfox

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

But why would they had a guy who is an expert on _live_ sound engineering come down for this, and why is it emphasized that they were getting prepared for Glastonbury? The more I think about this, with help from @Blackstar, it sounds like this was just to listen to live mixes to be absolutely ready for Glasto.

Yes, it's most likely to do with live sound, but let us have hope that Axl has finally ditched Caram and brought in some professionals to help with studio songs :lol:

• Like 1

So who's gonna get into the mood and make a weekend of it?

Alex has recovered from his throat issues, so the Arctic Monkeys headline tonight...should be fun. Foo fighters secret set in an hour or so...get to see Josh jam! Gonna get into the vibe and watch as much as possible before 10pm tomorrow...

The weather is close to perfect, warm but not crazy! 

Get an idea of how the sound and video is ...it's usually top-notch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Alex has recovered from his throat issues, so the Arctic Monkeys headline tonight...should be fun. Foo fighters secret set in an hour or so...get to see Josh jam! Gonna get into the vibe and watch as much as possible before 10pm tomorrow...

Yeah, it's pretty much all I'm doing this weekend! BBC make such a good job of this. Filming, sound quality, massive range of stuff, got to hand it to them really. Nearly worth the licence fee alone! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Already on it! There's been some cool bands so far. Los Bitchos by far are the highlights so far! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Surely he must already be aware of which ones he struggles to sing though? 

The timing of this just seems like it can't be coincidence. In my view it has to be related to new material of some sort. 

I hope you’re right, I really do 😅

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I'm out of the loop after a big absence

....who's this Pele I see mentioned EVRRYWHERE on here!?! 

He came here to save the forum from the demented ANTIFA member who runs his mouth constantly as well as the regulars who enjoy perpetuating the myth of a prodigal, song-writing genius that’s assembled a vault full of masterpieces for no one to ever hear.

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Heather14 said:

Good to see Slash’s smiling, as he didn’t look like he was having a good time on stage lately.

I think Slash is pleased that Meegan had arrived in Olso. She posted a shot on Insta of roses that Slash sent and a note that he'd been missing her 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

A listening session like this would be for studio songs. Must be getting close to Perhaps and The General. Great to see Slash there with Axl, hopefully he likes the songs

Am I misreading this sentence then? "He mixed GN’R at Tons of Rock" + "came down to help set up a private listening session with Axl Rose after the show" - does that not say he mixed the soundboard at the recent concert and is now helping recreate the live mix on the studio's speakers so the band can hear how they sound?

“He mixed GN’R at Tons of Rock and came down to help set up a private listening session with Axl Rose after the show.”

Edited by Rodzilla72
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I hope you’re right, I really do 😅

Me too! I'm probably wrong though! 

9 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

He came here to save the forum from the demented ANTIFA member who runs his mouth constantly as well as the regulars who enjoy perpetuating the myth of a prodigal, song-writing genius that’s assembled a vault full of masterpieces for no one to ever hear.

Who is the demented ANTIFA member?! 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:33 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

It seems convincing to me. They are doing some good work over there.

Thank for posting my work here man, dont make it on here too much anymore. 

I should also point out I asked Creative Works London on facebook about there new intro before gigs and they said this ...

Stephen Olds
Loving this new intro. Who did the audio for the video? you guys?
8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor
Creative Works London
Stephen Olds yup thanks, there's dissected Gn'R elements in the audio 😁

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I understand the skepticism. But let's get some more context. We had Slash this week in a studio in Oslo: 

Notice how Hartung said "can't say too much about it". Why would he say that if it's just for some live mix/broadcast mix?

Let's add some other facts:

- Perhaps and The General on the setlist;
- Perhaps being rehearsed;
- The "new mixes" wording instead of a "new live mix" ; 
- "The band wanted a nice studio with a variety of speakers and headphones to listen to new mixes". What would require a new mix in a studio environment that should be also heard on speakers AND headphones? 
- The broadcast mix is probably handled by the BBC crew, GNR would have no input on that.
- A new live mix would need to be heard in the live environment, not in a studio. The acoustics and the gig speakers need a totally different mix from regular stereo speakers/headphones.

At the same time, if they are still checking out those new mixes, I would think they won't release anything this week. 

Unless it was just final mix, to 100% ok it...or Slash put down some more guitar with that other dude the other day...who knows. Time will tell soon. Seems to be a 50/50 on one side or the other....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1