The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

actually scrap that I'm changing one of mine to Oklahoma. Because of Fortus FB comment about the sitar pedal being used on "Something you don't know about" when he was asked if it was for PTU.

A comment I think he later removed 

Yeah, I think the same too, if The General is not using a sitar pedal my bet would be Oklahoma, I think It can be a great tune sounds like Classic GNR to me

4 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Those were the antiquiet leaks if I recall correctly. There was If The World, Prostitute, and a third but I can't recall which one. 

I seem to also recall a version of This I Love leaking shortly before the album release. Like, the final album version but someone had tampered with the audio to have it skip. So like, it was complete, but not compete cuz every 10 seconds or so it would make like an album skipping sound. A scratch if you will. Always assumed it was someone just fucking with us. 

Yeah, wasn’t Prostitute originally thought to be titled Message For You or am I remembering that wrong?

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Antiquiet leaks were 

01 - Chinese Democracy 
02 - I.R.S. 
03 - Madagascar 
04 - The Blues 
05 - There Was A Time 
06 - Rhiad And The Bedouins  New Song 1
07 - Prostitute  New Song 2
08 - If The World New Song 3
09 - Shackler's Revenge

The last Antiquiet song was actually just another version of Better. Shackler’s leaked separately a few months later (under the name Chicken Dinner).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, wasn’t Prostitute originally thought to be titled Message For You or am I remembering that wrong?

Message For You and 2000 Intentions were titles which we speculated cause we couldn’t tell if Axl said the word “prostitute” at the end or not. Most of us assumed Prostitute would be a rocker and not another ballad.

2 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think it's a keyboard but I'm not sure at all

Sean Beaven confirmed that it’s a protools loop that Billy from A Perfect Circle found for the band (back when he was still working for them), but I just assumed that they were planning to play it using the sitar pedal now, I guess. Now that I think about it, though, they’ll probably just stick to samples.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The last Antiquiet song was actually just another version of Better. Shackler’s leaked separately a few months later (under the name Chicken Dinner).

Yup you are correct sir. Seems to have been thrown into the wrong folder on my backups

Perhaps will probably be released first.  My whole thing if I was the band's manager.  I'd release Perhaps, this upcoming France show... work a deal with a streaming series and have the song play during a episode.  Have it released on Spotify as well...  Perfect time this week... since there's no major sports going on.... could gain alot of attention, during a slow week.  Would give some people time to plan a month out for the US Leg and boost tix sales.  I'd debut The General during the US leg and there's another new song.... Then release State of Grace and Atlas at the tail end of the US tour and drop a 4 song EP.  

It's kind of weird how THE GENERAL is even considered to be released, if this was any other band i'd say that all of this is a fan service move... they could've secured the safest option which was Atlas, instead, now you can imagine yourself pulling up to a Chinese restaurant to pick up an order of General Tso chicken while listening to the General in a few months, with Slash on leads, unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Antiquiet leaks were 

01 - Chinese Democracy 
02 - I.R.S. 
03 - Madagascar 
04 - The Blues 
05 - There Was A Time 
06 - Rhiad And The Bedouins  New Song 1
07 - Prostitute  New Song 2
08 - If The World New Song 3
09 - Shackler's Revenge

Wasn’t Shacklers Revenge titled “Chicken Dinner” or something bizarre like that? 

edit: never mind someone else already pointed that out!

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

It's kind of weird how THE GENERAL is even considered to be released, if this was any other band i'd say that all of this is a fan service move... they could've secured the safest option which was Atlas, instead, now you can imagine yourself pulling up to a Chinese restaurant to pick up an order of General Tso chicken while listening to the General in a few months, with Slash on leads, unbelievable.

Pressing “Buy” on the iTunes app for The General will be just as surreal for me as walking into Best Buy back in 2008 and buying Chinese Democracy. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We don't know. 'Me and My Elvis' is a song on the Locker leaks, dating back to 2000 or before. Then in 2008, Axl would talk about a song called 'Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul' aka 'The Soul Monster' which would "undoubtedly" end up being called "Soul Monster". He would also mention that this song had had the working title 'Leave Me Alone'. Beltrami in 2003 mentioned that he had worked on 'Leave Me Alone'. So the song that ended up being called The Soul Monster existed back in 2003 (as Leave Me Alone) and might have started off as 'Me and My Elvis' even earlier, but that is just speculation based on both of these songs having the name Elvis in them. It could absolutely be that Me and My Elvis and Leave Me Alone/The Soul Monster are two different songs, although is is reasonable to think they might be the same.

possible it's 2 different tunes, but not likely imho. Axl doesn't tend to name different Gn'R tunes, even wip shit with such similar song titles, but it's just a guess.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It's very buried in the audio but you can hear parts which do match the audio they used as an intro to gigs in 2006/7. 

I have a 02:00 minute clip and I don't hear this at all. Not that I don't think it is The General I just can't hear any of the orchestral intro. There was a recording of Silkworms from the same party right? Feel free to share, I guess. 

19 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Feels like the IG image is just a troll at this point. They know how to build hype for their fanbase, I’ll give them that. If only they could, you know, follow through. Ever.

Yeah and it’s kind of a bully move to tease us like that without the pressure to follow through. I think the media and music scene in general are beyond caring, and probably won’t even talk about it unless they flat out release something, so it’s only us who will kick up a fuss. But also, there’s zero pressure on them to actually put it out, so I’m not sure why they bother other than for the lulz when they see us react.

Edited by Nick85

2 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Yeah and it’s kind of a bully move to tease us like that without the pressure to follow through. I think the media and music scene in general are beyond caring, and probably won’t even talk about it unless they flat out release something, so it’s only us who will kick up a fuss. But also, there’s zero pressure on them to actually put it out, so I’m not sure why they bother other than for the lulz when they see us react.

if it's really intentional, I guess it's a way to create some tension and excitement. Do they really care enough about us hardcore fans to do this? in any case, I prefer knowing little tidbits here and there, getting some info at least compared to getting nothing at all.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Those were the antiquiet leaks if I recall correctly. There was If The World, Prostitute, and a third but I can't recall which one. 

I seem to also recall a version of This I Love leaking shortly before the album release. Like, the final album version but someone had tampered with the audio to have it skip. So like, it was complete, but not compete cuz every 10 seconds or so it would make like an album skipping sound. A scratch if you will. Always assumed it was someone just fucking with us. 

I think that TIL leak came a week or two before the album release - it was after GNR released official clips of all the songs as teasers and before November 23rd

I remember that because there was another forum created specifically for the album leak lol and there were two versions of the album leak, one with those skips and another with like MSN Messenger sounds all through it.   Ah good times :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Rovim said:

if it's really intentional, I guess it's a way to create some tension and excitement. Do they really care enough about us hardcore fans to do this? in any case, I prefer knowing little tidbits here and there, getting some info at least compared to getting nothing at all.

For sure, but I guess the keyword here is follow through. I hope these breadcrumbs are leading toward a tangible release. I’m just kind of over the odd teases. If by Paris they don’t play or release anything but some engineer shows us 3 letters this time of The Gen… it’s gonna be pretty dumb 

1 minute ago, Nick85 said:

For sure, but I guess the keyword here is follow through. I hope these breadcrumbs are leading toward a tangible release. I’m just kind of over the odd teases. If by Paris they don’t play or release anything but some engineer shows us 3 letters this time of The Gen… it’s gonna be pretty dumb 

I'm not convinced it's them teasing us and I'm leaning towards it being not intentional. I think there are some things that indicate that something could be released fairly soon as in this year if we're lucky. 

• Like 1

It just becomes more and more apparent the more you think about it, plus given the now announced plans for the unreleased ChiDem material .... That the 2008 album was a "best of" collection  and the trilogy idea for reasons we may never know was completely scrapped. Say what you want about "plans before the reunion happened" but the fact that only 4-6 songs unreleased ChiDem songs were picked to be reworked and released I think makes it glaringly obvious that what we got in 2008 was going to be the last big release from this band.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

Look at us reminiscing over the build up to CD release and the leaks that came before it because there’s absolutely no morsel of news or even studio work from the band to feed us that kind of excitement (possibly ever again) 😩

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

So annoying seeing this thread busy, holding out for some news and it just being generic chitchat day after day. Can't we just agree to not to post in here until there's actually something newsworthy to discuss?

Threads not leaving the runway if this is our marker...

42 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It just becomes more and more apparent the more you think about it, plus given the now announced plans for the unreleased ChiDem material .... That the 2008 album was a "best of" collection  and the trilogy idea for reasons we may never know was completely scrapped. Say what you want about "plans before the reunion happened" but the fact that only 4-6 songs unreleased ChiDem songs were picked to be reworked and released I think makes it glaringly obvious that what we got in 2008 was going to be the last big release from this band.

where is the official announcement?