The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about them releasing Perhaps or The General in America IF the first show comes and they haven't played them, cause after that... is it gonna be the same? Are we gonna say, oh you know, clearly they are waiting to get to LA to release it, then Vegas or whatever, then, nothing, like last year, in my opinion for each date that passes and they don't play it, stuff gets uglier and uglier. 

Now compared to last year, Duff said that news were about to drop, and we have the studio pic and the setlist. But with each concert that comes and goes without anything, aren't we closer to confirmation that maybe it was cancelled?. (Duff said "this week") They are not even soundchecking it anymore.

People are assuming that the plan is to release 2 songs every 2 years to boost ticket sales, but as of now, that was only a one-off move. 

Only a massive leak is gonna save us. No signs of it happening, but I'll admit that i'd be happy to pay top dollar for that. 

From the moment I read that news about Axl and Slash at the studio, I thought they wouldn't play anything new before the NA tour. I still think that's what's gonna happen. Then again, Duff said "this week" after that studio picture, so I think something is about to happen anyways. 

As far as I know, they stopped rehearsing Perhaps after the rehearsal video was posted, so maybe that's the reason? I don't know.

Look, I know we shouldn't assume anything with this band. That's reasonable. But there's no reason to think that Absurd/Hard Skool combo was a one-off move at this moment IMO.

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Look, I know we shouldn't assume anything with this band. That's reasonable. But there's no reason to think that Absurd/Hard Skool combo was a one-off move at this moment IMO.

Yeah i guess we will have to wait until October ...

I remember someone here said "chill the f down this is just gonna be a one off!" When we got HS/Absurd in 2021, i was like, what's the problem with that dickface? and here we are 2 years later :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

Didn't the sessions top 13 million! One of the most expensive albums of all time....I know that comes from years and years of session hire, etc but come on...the songs released and ones we have leaked can only be a percent of what we know about...no label pays that much for like 20 finished songs...there will be surprises In the future, whether in life or death....

2 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about them releasing Perhaps or The General in America IF the first show comes and they haven't played them, cause after that... is it gonna be the same? Are we gonna say, oh you know, clearly they are waiting to get to LA to release it, then Vegas or whatever, then, nothing, like last year, in my opinion for each date that passes and they don't play it, stuff gets uglier and uglier. 

Now compared to last year, Duff said that news were about to drop, and we have the studio pic and the setlist. But with each concert that comes and goes without anything, aren't we closer to confirmation that maybe it was cancelled?. (Duff said "this week") They are not even soundchecking it anymore.

People are assuming that the plan is to release 2 songs every 2 years to boost ticket sales, but as of now, that was only a one-off move. 

Only a massive leak is gonna save us. No signs of it happening, but I'll admit that i'd be happy to pay top dollar for that. 

To be fair. When Absurd and Hardskool debuted it wasn’t the start of the NA tour. So it’s entirely possible they might not do it at the first NA. 

But it’s possible they could. There’s a 7 day gap between legs. Last show is on a Saturday. First show of NA is on a Saturday. Could drop during that week. Or the Friday before the last European show. Honestly it’s just hard to tell because there’s no rhyme or reason to their actions. 

I’d personally release Perhaps July 21st. Play it at the last show. Then on August 4th release The General. Strike again while the irons hot. Push any more ticket sales they can get off for people and call it good. 

Edited by Grayfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Soon...

I honestly will not be surprised when no news is announced and this quote will just be another one of many things that were said but nothing ever came of and ya'll will be talking about this Duff quote about news coming next week for the next x years 🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I honestly will not be surprised when no news is announced and this quote will just be another one of many things that were said but nothing ever came of and ya'll will be talking about this Duff quote about news coming next week for the next x years 🤣

Well what's your alternative....close down the forums? 😆

8 hours ago, bmus1 said:

Shackler's, If the World, Scraped, IRS, and Riad all haven't been played by Slash/Duff but everything else has!

I’m a big time Axl backer but…I don’t see him tackling IRS in 2023…but then again 🤷‍♂️ who can predict? Who would’ve thought they’d be performing shadow or reckless regularly?

7 hours ago, General2112 said:

Well what venue do we think it’s getting debuted at. 

Hershey or East Rutherford…. 🙏 

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I didn't. I focused on songs from the CD sessions.

Let's see if this is better:

songs11.jpg

lol Beta's Barn, I haven't heard that title in a long time. I hope that was just a working title 

Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember  now! But to think of a favourite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called 'Beta's  Barn'(Chris Pitman March 28th, 2009).

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

lol Beta's Barn, I haven't heard that title in a long time. I hope that was just a working title 

Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember  now! But to think of a favourite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called 'Beta's  Barn'(Chris Pitman March 28th, 2009).

I think that's all we've ever heard about that song. Probable a working title :D And of course possible Chris was just joking.