The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Thanks! What's the source of that image? Or more specifically, why should I be 100% certain that isn't just a fan made thing?

Probably go with the latter. All that was said was that it was buried on an old website but Shackler may be able to expand further if he remembers 

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah now that I think about it, it’s probably best that things happened the way they did. The final album that we got in 2008 is being looked back on fondly now (as Bumble predicted). Had we gotten two, less-layered albums in say 2001 and 2008 instead, who knows if they woulda aged well? Sometimes less is more.

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The ship sank because they waited too long to release the album, Axl was still too crazy to tour professionally, Axls performances started to dip, they failed to follow up on Chinese AND Axl mishandled the fight between himself and Slash/Duff publicly where he let Slash/Duff control the narrative.

2-3 from Nu(Old)GNR and Axl turning up on time like he does now, and GNR would have slowly gained ground. 100% never playing stadiums, and never escaping the people wanting Slash back. The albums would have needed to be great though. I would have loved to hear what that 2006-2014 line up(s) could have made. Coulda woulda shoulda!

I don't agree with all of it, but very well said posts. I think I have made my position clear enough about it. Who knows what could have happened, One thing I'm sure of, and it's that Axl was talented enough with a good enough taste to release even 4 or 5 albums in that time span, but maybe the past success of Gn'R has held him back with what he thought Gn'R should have sounded like in the 2000's. 

a solo career could have freed him up to chase the sound in his head with less expectations maybe and more music for us to enjoy but the cookie crumbled like it crumbled and in the end Axl went back to Slash and that's saying something, at least to me. That the "think as less as possible" approach of Slash and just do it was an important ingredient in Gn'R and in stark contrast to Axl taking his time to make sure the tunes and production were right. I believe Axl needed Slash in Gn'R and after experiencing what it was like to have Slash in Gn'R, it was tough and too calculated for Axl to continue without having a rare talent in his band with perfect chemistry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl called it "Jackie Chan" in 2008 though.

That's such a weird thing. It was called Hardschool back in 2000, and that makes sense from the lyrics, and released as Hard Skool, too, why was it temporarily called Jackie Chan back in 2008? It makes no sense why they should change the name to Jackie Chan. I get that it would have worked as a working title if it was intended for a Jackie Chan action movie, as a placeholder name, but 2008 was long after that happened.

Could it be that Axl is wrong and thinks of another song, the one that was actually intended for the movie? This could explain why neither Duff or Slash has confirmed they worked on Hard School - they didn't, because it isn't the song intended for Jackie Chan. Well, just a hypothesis.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Tom Mayhue: "And I know the band's gonna start working on new music - they've got a bunch of stuff recorded already - there will be new Guns N' Roses music very soon. In fact, I think they're trying to get a single out, like any day now. So you may hear something very, very soon."

So Slash wasn't lying, they will work on new music!

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's such a weird thing. It was called Hardschool back in 2000, and that makes sense from the lyrics, and released as Hard Skool, too, why was it temporarily called Jackie Chan back in 2008? It makes no sense why they should change the name to Jackie Chan. I get that it would have worked as a working title if it was intended for a Jackie Chan action movie, as a placeholder name, but 2008 was long after that happened.

Could it be that Axl is wrong and thinks of another song, the one that was actually intended for the movie? This could explain why neither Duff or Slash has confirmed they worked on Hard School - they didn't, because it isn't the song intended for Jackie Chan. Well, just a hypothesis.

Axl mentioned it specifically in relation to the fake "Checkmate" name, so it's not very likely that he was wrong. I think he was just used to calling it by its working title.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

What does he mean by “this is the last show with all of our production”

I think he's saying that the next concerts are going to be made with some equipments or something like that provided by the promoters. And their production is going to U.S.A and Canada.

Edited by FabioRoses

I had to Google him to know who he is. I hope at the very least it's another pair of singles, though Hard Skool and Absurd did have a gap between them.

Perhaps would be cool, but it's something we already have heard, and probably even a supervisor version of it. (Same with Atlas) Hopefully the first will be The General, Seven, Soul Monster, etc. 

Just now, DSTK said:

I can't believe those frauds are in charge of such a big name band..beta & Fernando couldn't organise a prayer meeting in a mosque 

This. Guns N' Roses needs proper management, All info that we have comes out by band members, wifes and family. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Tom Mayhue: "And I know the band's gonna start working on new music - they've got a bunch of stuff recorded already - there will be new Guns N' Roses music very soon. In fact, I think they're trying to get a single out, like any day now. So you may hear something very, very soon."

Dumb question, I know, but who is he?

3 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

This. Guns N' Roses needs proper management, All info that we have comes out by band members, wifes and family. 

Duff's wife is more in the know than the management...sad case those Brazilians 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1