The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

@SoulMonster @DeanI removed it because I cant confirm it's real. I found it on some site ages ago whilst looking for something else, I forget where however I think it was the same place I found the report into the Donnington disaster. Looking at it now I suspect it is actually fanmade as it doesnt actually look like a scan of a cardboard cassette sleeve but something made on computer

Edited by Shacklermyrye

2 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

Imagine how insane the first recorded soundcheck of The General will be. I mean a propor, full band recording, not just Frank's drums. This place will explode. :axl:

Yeah, recording soundchecks may become more important than recording shows for a while, especially if they do start to souncheck the other songs mentioned Slash said were coming at some point

I doubt the single will release this week. Hardskool dropped midnight each local time, so we had it at 12am Australia time. Its already 8am on saturday in Australia and it's not here.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • GNFNR 1

Ok. Good news! I take this as the new single will be part of the new album.

This way the delay also makes sense, part of the new album is reworked Chinese tracks and the other is a combination of old Apettite demos and new stuff from Slash/Duff.

He said with confidence that the Band WILL work more on the new album from October

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I think the users on here who seem to have gotten themselves too involved to the point of being bitter at people even discussing what's going on should go for a walk. 

It seems to stem from this "I believed things were coming before and they didnt and I remember how it annoyed/upset me" "Therefore I must convince people nothing is coming and spread general doom so that others do not feel the same as I did last time" lol

It's odd

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That's such a weird thing. It was called Hardschool back in 2000, and that makes sense from the lyrics, and released as Hard Skool, too, why was it temporarily called Jackie Chan back in 2008? It makes no sense why they should change the name to Jackie Chan. I get that it would have worked as a working title if it was intended for a Jackie Chan action movie, as a placeholder name, but 2008 was long after that happened.

Could it be that Axl is wrong and thinks of another song, the one that was actually intended for the movie? This could explain why neither Duff or Slash has confirmed they worked on Hard School - they didn't, because it isn't the song intended for Jackie Chan. Well, just a hypothesis.

It's not that weird, a song can go through plenty of working titles and be referred to as any of them. Absurd was still called Silkworms in 2008 even though it had been restructured by that point, Scraped was Lies They Tell, Street Of Dreams was The Blues and Stardust... I've been in bands where songs had real titles but we referred to them with inside-joke titles, I assume JChan was a similar kind of thing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

When you just take a moment to think about it, it's absolutely ludicrous. One song. 

Rehearsed, ready to play, ready to release....yet nothing. For a whole tour.  It's sort of funny in some ways, but in other ways, just absolute madness how much thought and debate has gone on here and elsewhere about just one song. 

If we all took a step back from our fandom and consider that, it's mind boggling. 

I think what's surprised me the most is that there's absolutely no change from the NuGuns days. I'd have thought Slash coming back would have changed something but nope, we're all still wondering when Chinese-era stuff will come out and still musing on what might be out there and just like the NuGuns era there's stuff that's good to go but isn't released or being played live because reasons. I'd figured at some point that they'd probably do a reunion album like Sabbath and the Pumpkins and ditch the CD stuff but it seems the core GN'R way of doing things hasn't changed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From what I understand, this backstage tour and Q&A thing with Tom Mayhue is part of the VIP package, so I suppose it takes place at every show. That begs the question if it was the first time he was asked about new music or if it was the first time he answered such questions.

This is a very good point. He could have been giving that answer for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

This is a very good point. He could have been giving that answer for quite some time.

Eventually though the point doesn't stand as is, because I realized that he wasn't answering a question, he just brought it up.

So the part that still stands is whether he had been asked about new music during previous backstage tours and avoided/refused to answer.

• Like 2

If they only use half a dozen Chinese era tunes they would still have enough material for another record of CD era stuff, so if that is the case, they are saving more Chinese tunes to fluff additional new albums. In other words, if the NITL can manage to crank out a dozen new songs, they have 2-3 albums of material including the Chinese tracks. 

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Eventually though the point doesn't stand as is, because I realized that he wasn't answering a question, he just brought it up.

So the part that still stands is whether he had been asked about new music during previous backstage tours and avoided/refused to answer.

Did you notice the second video? It cuts in half way through it seems like he may be suggesting there is AFD era stuff that could be used. It's hard to say for sure though as without the start of his sentence it could easily be taken out of context

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

Did you notice the second video? It cuts in half way through it seems like he may be suggesting there is AFD era stuff that could be used. It's hard to say for sure though as without the start of his sentence it could easily be taken out of context

I honestly feel like he was gonna make a larger point about there being unreleased stuff left over generally but then someone asked him where he lives lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jw224 said:

I honestly feel like he was gonna make a larger point about there being unreleased stuff left over generally but then someone asked him where he lives lol 

Yeah I know i wanted to reach through the screen and slap that guy haha

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Yes, I noticed and pointed it out a few pages back.  The consensus is that he was probably confused, since, as far as we know, all songs from the AFD sessions were later included on Lies and UYI.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If they only use half a dozen Chinese era tunes they would still have enough material for another record of CD era stuff, so if that is the case, they are saving more Chinese tunes to fluff additional new albums. In other words, if the NITL can manage to crank out a dozen new songs, they have 2-3 albums of material including the Chinese tracks. 

You forgot to mention Buckethead in this one

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Ok. Good news! I take this as the new single will be part of the new album.

This way the delay also makes sense, part of the new album is reworked Chinese tracks and the other is a combination of old Apettite demos and new stuff from Slash/Duff.

He said with confidence that the Band WILL work more on the new album from October

You've just fabricated in your head something that does not exist and will never release as you described. Slash said the old ChiDem songs are coming out first .. Before a new album. And he did not say they would work "more" on the new album, he said they would start working. There has been no work yet. NOTHING

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I noticed and pointed it out a few pages back.  The consensus is that he was probably confused, since, as far as we know, all songs from the AFD sessions were later included on Lies and UYI.

Ok, let's do the math

Total 28 songs

AfD 12 songs

Lies 8 songs

UYI 4 songs

If I'm not mistaken

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Ok, let's do the math

Total 28 songs

AfD 12 songs

Lies 8 songs