The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

That's about 95% correct.  Slash and Duff get to be back in G'n'R again.  They make a lot more money that way, but they're still just employees of Axl.  The main difference is that they're part of what made G'n'R famous so they have more clout than all the other employees over the last thirty years.  They're not waiting two hours for Axl to show up on stage, the music they write is not owned by Axl.  They might be willing to make new music for G'n'R but there's no sign of that seven years later.

Agreed completely. That’s why if you were to create a tiered view of influence, Slash and Duff are way above Richard and Frank, but below Axl.

The question is where TB falls on that hierarchy. My guess would be obviously below Axl, but slightly above Duff and Slash.

Duff and Slash certainly negotiated some things - this band used to be famously tardy, and now they take the stage on time more frequently than any normal rock band. Also, the fact that there’s been more or less a complete media blackout seems to be intentional and negotiated between managers. Can’t let “the media” come between you if you don’t talk to them.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Duff and Slash certainly negotiated some things - this band used to be famously tardy, and now they take the stage on time more frequently than any normal rock band. Also, the fact that there’s been more or less a complete media blackout seems to be intentional and negotiated between managers. Can’t let “the media” come between you if you don’t talk to them.

GN'R hasn't been "press-friendly" since the 90s, more or less. The band started being punctual in 2013/2014, or so.  So Duff and Slash didn't make any changes here, really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

GN'R hasn't been "press-friendly" since the 90s, more or less. The band started being punctual in 2013/2014, or so.  So Duff and Slash didn't make any changes here, really. 

I still think it’s intentional. The NITL tour was wildly successful on its own, but I was a little surprised to see no promotion from the band for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I still think it’s intentional. The NITL tour was wildly successful on its own, but I was a little surprised to see no promotion from the band for it.

Oh yes, I agree. It is definitely intentional. Axl doesn't want to talk to the press and Duff and Slash goes along with this regime to not rock the boat.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

That's most likely bullshit "insider" stuff. However, it seems that a (one off) reunion was close to happen. There was too much smoke.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5631-25-august-2004-may-2006-finalizing-chinese-democracy-lawsuits-return-to-nyc#22213

A bit off topic, but holy crap, im surprised how aggressive Scott was in regards to Axl. He didn’t hold back in the slightest at points. 

• Like 2

@Blackstar The Lush productions documentary guy is below. I have some footage from it if you don't then let me know and i'll send it you. They were filming when that Donington gig happened. I always figured it fell through because of tensions with Merck, but if they were attempting some sort of short term reunion then perhaps that's why they were there.

Jason D'avesra http://www.jasondaversa.com/resume.html a director of photography has “Guns n Roses  (documentary of 2006/07 world tour)” listed on his resume. They are still listed in his client list. He also worked on Brains drumming instructional DVD. 

You must have seen it before though there was a clip of izzy backstage if that helps you remember

30 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah I agree. In 2010/2011 Axl still gave two fucks about punctuality

i remember the show in Rosario 2011 where it was show time and Axl was still in Buenos Aires. Not to mention that Buenos Aires 2010 started 2/3 hours late 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

A bit off topic, but holy crap, im surprised how aggressive Scott was in regards to Axl. He didn’t hold back in the slightest at points. 

And given that, it's amusing that he switched so drastically when Velvet Revolver broke-up to being very sympathetic toward Axl and extremely hostile to Slash and Duff. And Matt Sorum too, to a lesser extent (his book was much less harsh toward Axl than it was the other two). It's like people only chose to prop Axl up when they wanted to get under Slash or Duff's (mostly Slash's) skin back then.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh yes, I agree. It is definitely intentional. Axl doesn't want to talk to the press and Duff and Slash goes along with this regime to not rock the boat.

Well, it's mostly Axl who doesn't do interviews. Slash and Duff do but never say anything worthwhile. I almost wish they were like Axl and drop the pretense completely, stop doing gnr-related interviews, and stop making promises that don't go anywhere.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ElJungmano said:

Is the vid with Mayhue still available somewhere?

I mean there's always a bit more excitement when you hear these things from an insider....I guess everything we're banging on about is THE plan....it's just when and baring any Axl mold changes....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

oh right does this "4 or 5" include hardschool and absurd? Or is it just the remaining ones like OMG, SOG, Perhaps, Atlas etc.

Including Abusrd and Hard Skool. He basically claimed that the songs on the locker leaks that have completed vocals is all that's left because Axl didn't record any vocals after 1999, so the only songs that would be released after Absurd and Hard Skool would be Atlas, Perhaps and OMG

Later, when it was pointed out to him that there were songs on CD that appear only as instrumentals or not at all in the locker leaks, he had to admit that Axl did record "some" vocals after 1999, but the songs that made CD were the only vocals he recorded. Then it was pointed out to him that there's solid proof that the General has vocals, so he had to accept that there may be one unreleased song with vocals recorded after 1999, but nothing more than that. So he ended up half-adding the General to his list of existing songs with vocals but insisting that that's all that there is. 

(Apart from repeating the same claims over and over, he would also move the goalposts when he was confronted with facts).

This was always my fav bullshit quote from Del. Always amazed me how much all the hanger on’s sucked Axl’s ass forever. 

Guns has missed the boat in terms of ever being relevant. The new releases will be met with fanfare but nothing will ever surpass what happened or what could have been. 

When certain former members of Guns N' Roses quit, like Slash and Duff McKagan, had they had their way that would have sounded the death knell for GN'R. Guns N' Roses was never their original vision. It has always been Axl's vision and drive to try to make the band as successful as possible without compromising the integrity of Guns N' Roses. Fortunately for the fans, Axl has always been able to see outside the box of conventionalism, taking intelligent and calculated risks when it comes to the evolution of Guns N' Roses. This same forward progress is evident on the band's forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy. Some people out there have downloaded unmixed versions of songs like "IRS," "There Was A Time," "Chinese Democracy," "Madagascar," and "Better" and while it's unfair to judge an unfinished product, it's not that big of a stretch to say that Axl's vision is once again leading him in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I mean there's always a bit more excitement when you hear these things from an insider....I guess everything we're banging on about is THE plan....it's just when and baring any Axl mold changes....

I do hope whatever we get, we can lovebomb it as much as possible, if only to encourage them to put out more! I think Axl does care about reaction and numbers when he DOES put things out! I can imagine him being pretty annoyed CD only hit #3 after all that time and mystery and you don't even get a week at #1! (Not that he promoted or anything sensible...)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

@Blackstar The Lush productions documentary guy is below. I have some footage from it if you don't then let me know and i'll send it you. They were filming when that Donington gig happened. I always figured it fell through because of tensions with Merck, but if they were attempting some sort of short term reunion then perhaps that's why they were there.

Jason D'avesra http://www.jasondaversa.com/resume.html a director of photography has “Guns n Roses  (documentary of 2006/07 world tour)” listed on his resume. They are still listed in his client list. He also worked on Brains drumming instructional DVD. 

You must have seen it before though there was a clip of izzy backstage if that helps you remember

Oh yeah, I think I have seen that clip with Izzy backstage. If you have more footage and it's not too much trouble, I'd be happy to see it.

I suppose that's also the source of the footage in the leaked Better video?

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I do hope whatever we get, we can lovebomb it as much as possible, if only to encourage them to put out more! I think Axl does care about reaction and numbers when he DOES put things out! I can imagine him being pretty annoyed CD only hit #3 after all that time and mystery and you don't even get a week at #1! (Not that he promoted or anything sensible...)

after Catcher leaked he said he was surprised that people who listened to it didn't have a positive enough of a response to Brian May's guitar contributions to the song and then it wasn't used in the released version.

so he cared at least back then when it came to Catcher, a song that he seemed eager to talk about in the Axl chats iirc.

Tommy said that Axl cares too much about what other people think of him or some shit like that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

If he's determined to release music that goes against the grain of traditional gnr then he can't get too upset if people aren't love bombing it, that is the risk you take. Maybe it takes, maybe it doesn't.

If it's good I'm happy to cheerlead for it. If not fuck it😄

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Can you imagine the shit this dude has seen and had to go through with Axl over the years.  Chasing him on stage.  Throwing that mic stand all over hell back in the day.  Dude really probably has extreme “patience” lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2