The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

19 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks. I have now heard Carrie Underwood sing. 

Sounds like she could soundtrack a roll-on deodorant advert in about 1996. 

I've added it to my list of music to avoid in the future. 

I think this is a fairer representation, this song is a banger.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The worst thing about this forum are the excuses made for the lack of new music. The answer is simple. Axl. We don't need a hypothesis or to pontificate any further as to the why.

I never ever want to see 'plans changed' - there was never a plan. 'The record company are holding it up' - of course they aren't how ridiculous. 'The songs aren't ready' - they've been ready for 24 years! TWENTY FOUR FFS. 'they're waiting for the right time' - these cunts wouldnt know what the right time was if it slapped them in the face. 'covid' - urghh shutup. 'They're waiting for physical CDs to be made' - who the fuck releases physical CD singles!? and how come only gnr can't get them made to a schedule!? 'Axl is still burnt from the CD release' - you mean the album he didn't promote, didnt tour for a whole year after release, not a single music video or single interview? What the fuck did he or you expect, the fact it was top 3 in most countries was a miracle! 

All these ridiculous excuses just allow Axl the get out clause. Why is there no new GnR? Axl. no more discussion needed about Why. ever again. we have the answer! 

...In your opinion...you only speak for yourself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The worst thing about this forum are the excuses made for the lack of new music. The answer is simple. Axl. We don't need a hypothesis or to pontificate any further as to the why.

I never ever want to see 'plans changed' - there was never a plan. 'The record company are holding it up' - of course they aren't how ridiculous. 'The songs aren't ready' - they've been ready for 24 years! TWENTY FOUR FFS. 'they're waiting for the right time' - these cunts wouldnt know what the right time was if it slapped them in the face. 'covid' - urghh shutup. 'They're waiting for physical CDs to be made' - who the fuck releases physical CD singles!? and how come only gnr can't get them made to a schedule!? 'Axl is still burnt from the CD release' - you mean the album he didn't promote, didnt tour for a whole year after release, not a single music video or single interview? What the fuck did he or you expect, the fact it was top 3 in most countries was a miracle! 

All these ridiculous excuses just allow Axl the get out clause. Why is there no new GnR? Axl. no more discussion needed about Why. ever again. we have the answer! 

I expect your comment to get a lot of shit but I actually 100% agree with this.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I 100% agree with you regarding Axl being the sole reason of why we don't have new music. At least most of the time (except when some record company people told him that the album is not good enough if that's true)

But after all these years, I've finally made a closure to the whole thing. And that's when I truely understood, that he owes us nothing. He's an artist and he will publish whenever he feels right. If he doesn't then it's again his choice. It sucks, I know, but that's the way things are with him.

And to be very frank, It's been a few years that I don't expect any new songs anymore. Specially when I saw (in my opinion) how fucked up HS and Absurd releases were done. From presentation to mixing and new additions.

Bottom line, I prefer not to have anything new anymore if 'new' means the further Franksteining of CD leftovers. As for 'truly new' material with Slash & Duff, maybe he's really drained from ideas. And that's also understandable. 

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't even want CD to be released when it was which may have been why he went missing for a year or so after its release. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The problem I have is it’s a lot harder to accept this situation when they have band members like Slash hinting new singles, rehearsing new songs, yet we remain in this weird limbo where anything on the internet related to discussing new music gets taken down by TB, and the songs disappear and reappear from the setlists. If GNR just embraced they were a nostalgia band and outright said “we have nothing new coming”, then I think a lot of us would respect the honest and move on from it. 

TB haven't taken anything down recently. The person that posted the video took it down themselves and the Duff interview got lost because the website crashed. I agree with what you're saying generally, though.

• Like 3

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

The problem I have is it’s a lot harder to accept this situation when they have band members like Slash hinting new singles, rehearsing new songs, yet we remain in this weird limbo where anything on the internet related to discussing new music gets taken down by TB, and the songs disappear and reappear from the setlists. If GNR just embraced they were a nostalgia band and outright said “we have nothing new coming”, then I think a lot of us would respect the honest and move on from it. 

maybe Axl wants to still keep the option open to releasing more music in the future so that's why he didn't make an official statement like the one you're suggesting. 

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Totally agreed.

Its classic bait and switch, unless something materialises of course

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

TB haven't taken anything down recently. The person that posted the video took it down themselves and the Duff interview got lost because the website crashed. I agree with what you're saying generally, though.

If im wrong on that I’ll admit that. Either way, the whole way the band treats the concept of new music is bizarre. 

54 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It's difficult to disagree with any of this really.....apart from one point. I fucking love a CD single and was really pleased with the Hard Skool one! If they ever release another song, I'd want them to do the same. 

The idea that it's 'hard' for them to release anything is the one that gets to me the most. It's never been easier for a band to release music at any point in history.

The other one that gets to me is that a new album "wouldn't sell" or whatever. Bands playing very small venues release albums and make money from them every single day. The idea that a new GNR album wouldn't sell is just lunacy. 

As you say though, it's Axl. That's it. Anything else is just breeze. His reasons for never releasing music we could debate, discuss and speculate on for decades, but it begins and ends with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

But they have at least one new single coming. 

3 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

Personally I m not obsessed with any of the left over songs in particular. 

I didn't  even listening to gnr much and I found out that two "new songs",  it got me interested in the band again and now I'm really hyped for new music. 

I just feel like it's a waste to keep those song unreleased.

They'll be stuff from Appetite and illusions we haven't heard yet, I bet there's stuff from every record left unreleased that we'd like 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

It’s more bits and pieces that I think could be interesting if fleshed out or changed. Some of these work more in the ChiDem style while others I think would work better with the Slash treatment.

Circus Maximus is a piece that I think is intriguing, simply for the mood it creates. I’m not sure if there’s enough there for a song - it’s just kinda the one vibe repeated. But every once in a while I like to put it on if I’m driving at night. The electronic noises sound a little dated, so they’d probably have to be updated. This is one that I’d just be more interested in hearing how the NuGuns would have finished it.

Yeah this one has potential but just going off that demo there's a real lack of structure, if any of them need finishing it's that one, Could do with Pittman turning down a bit but the piano part works great

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

They'll be stuff from Appetite and illusions we haven't heard yet, I bet there's stuff from every record left unreleased that we'd like 

I can certainly think of things off the top of my head- Coma with Adler drumming for instance. 

So frustrating that they made the UYI box so poor in terms of content. 

Edited by allwaystired

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I can certainly think of things off the top of my head- Coma with Adler drumming for instance. 

So frustrating that they made the UYI box so poor in terms of content. 

Also the Coma demo where Axl hadn’t finished the lyrics and sang about someone else writing the f’n song

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

It’s more bits and pieces that I think could be interesting if fleshed out or changed. Some of these work more in the ChiDem style while others I think would work better with the Slash treatment.

Circus Maximus is a piece that I think is intriguing, simply for the mood it creates. I’m not sure if there’s enough there for a song - it’s just kinda the one vibe repeated. But every once in a while I like to put it on if I’m driving at night. The electronic noises sound a little dated, so they’d probably have to be updated. This is one that I’d just be more interested in hearing how the NuGuns would have finished it.

Oklahoma has sections that I think work - though I hate when it resolves to that major key sounding section. I prefer the mean sounding riff that would function as either a verse or a chorus. Not sure if it’s enough to build a song around and it’s hard to say “I like that!” with no vocal melody present. I’m more reacting to the general energy of the music - the riffs themselves are nothing special but it’s uptempo and aggressive enough in parts to catch my ear.

There is a riff in Me & My Elvis that I like - I believe it’s the main riff after the intro - though I don’t like the rhythm section beneath it. Maybe it would work when placed next to a more uptempo section. I don’t know. There are a lot of mid tempo tunes on the Village leaks that just don’t excite me very much. Either way, I like the one riff.

The *intro* to Quicksong is cool - it’s got an almost Slither-vibe to it. But the main riff bores me to death and the vocal melodies are trash.

My favorite of the unfinished Village Leaks is Tonto. That’s the one that I think easily lends itself to Duff and Slash’s style.

I can't quite remember exactly but Tonto and Moustache seemed like genuine songs with structures. Obviously lacking vocals. But it would take a great deal to finish those, they're never really mentioned on here weirdly. 

• Like 1

I wish they would just release CD2 (the older mixes with Bucket and Robin) and finish what they had of CD3 as an EP or whatever else, possibly making CD3 a complete record with the NITL and call it, unless they are up for additional creative output. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I expect your comment to get a lot of shit but I actually 100% agree with this.

been saying this for years.  if they wanted to release new music, the would.  1830584 bands show how easy it is every year

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I can't quite remember exactly but Tonto and Moustache seemed like genuine songs with structures. Obviously lacking vocals. But it would take a great deal to finish those, they're never really mentioned on here weirdly. 

I've been listening a lot to Tonto lately, The coda, starting at 03:00, is awesome and classic GN'R. 

• Like 2