The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

They're probably engineering/editing notes or something that would indicate a specific version of the song. Why would L mean lyrics when he wrote lyr after Monstrocity, or V means vocals if he wrote sing after 4 Heaven's? Do people really think he still intended to write more lyrics for Atlas in 2008? Where does ??L editing V fit into that?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They're probably engineering/editing notes or something that would indicate a specific version of the song. Why would L mean lyrics when he wrote lyr after Monstrocity, or V means vocals if he wrote sing after 4 Heaven's? Do people really think he still intended to write more lyrics for Atlas in 2008? Where does ??L editing V fit into that?

Maybe Lyr means layer?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Get over yourself man, you're not a villain you're just being an asshole. :lol:

Of course I'm not gonna complain about you or pele or the other 'skeptical' posters because you have a valid opinion, but you're the one going around starting arguments, calling people aggressive and being a dick. There's no need to be dramatic with the I'll get kicked out of here soon too shit.

That's the impression I get when a mod tells me they're selectively enforcing rules against me because the general sentiment of the forum is against me. Are you suggesting people are not being aggressive towards me? Because they are, especially lately. And then you have certain people that like every post somebody makes in opposition to me, like right now with your post I'm responding to. Very passive aggressive. Whatever though. 

11 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

That's the impression I get when a mod tells me they're selectively enforcing rules against me because the general sentiment of the forum is against me. Are you suggesting people are not being aggressive towards me? Because they are, especially lately. And then you have certain people that like every post somebody makes in opposition to me, like right now with your post I'm responding to. Very passive aggressive. Whatever though. 

Just to be clear, I don't have any issue with you. But maybe it seems like over the last couple weeks people have been aggressive because you've kinda taken the Pele role, which is obviously gonna stir shit up, especially when it seems like we're close to a new single. I get the skepticism, I started the Perhaps thread and I'll admit it's still not a sure thing until we actually hear the song. But it seems like you're carrying on arguments and being more aggressive than the people you're arguing with. And it's not just you, it seems like several people here have been more bitchy than usual over the last month or so... idk, just let some shit go man, don't get yourself banned. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just to be clear, I don't have any issue with you. But maybe it seems like over the last couple weeks people have been aggressive because you've kinda taken the Pele role, which is obviously gonna stir shit up, especially when it seems like we're close to a new single. I get the skepticism, I started the Perhaps thread and I'll admit it's still not a sure thing until we actually hear the song. But it seems like you're carrying on arguments and being more aggressive than the people you're arguing with. And it's not just you, it seems like several people here have been more bitchy than usual over the last month or so... idk, just let some shit go man, don't get yourself banned. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I understand. 

I apologize to everybody I have been a dick towards. 

I go, in peace.

45 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Thank you. I understand. 

I apologize to everybody I have been a dick towards. 

I go, in peace.

I don't know if it's frustration from Perhaps not being released, but there's been some weird arguments on here recently. Hopefully we didn't misread each other's tone, I didn't intend to call you out and I usually like your posts but it seems like you've been picking fights lately. I look forward to your posts on Friday :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Forced out of here by the mob. I'm the new villain. I'm sure I'll be forced out soon enough too. Very frail sensitivities on a GUNS N FUCKING ROSES forum. 

To be fair, he wasn't forced out for his opinions, he was banned for never-ending obnoxious trolling and destroying every thread. 
PS: I don't follow you here, so Idk what this debate is about. I have no horse in the race. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know if it's frustration from Perhaps not being released, but there's been some weird arguments on here recently. Hopefully we didn't misread each other's tone, I didn't intend to call you out and I usually like your posts but it seems like you've been picking fights lately. I look forward to your posts on Friday :thumbsup:

I truly believe this band makes people insane. I’ve been coming to these boards for years and I’ve seen it again and again. The greatness of those early records coupled with the insane wait for Chinese, coupled with the pockets of brilliance on Chinese and then no CD2 and only a couple of officially released singles has made a small sub set of the fan base completely bonkers. Look no further than the rolling stone article of Rick and the locker saga. I’ve always wondered are any other fan bases like this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lethalis said:

I wonder how the mood on this forum will be when nothing happens on friday... I really want to believe, but I'm losing hope to be honest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if us finding that link early has set things back

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if us finding that link early has set things back

That would be hilarious lol! I wouldn't be surprised either. With a normal band/management/singer, theories like this would be laughable...but we're talking about TB and Axl here. They probably had a 2 hour meeting to decide how they could punish us 🤣. All kidding aside, I hope friday is the day and hopefully The General and other songs follow within the next few weeks.

39 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The only real question we should be asking ourselves is: did Axl record a studio version of this...or at the very least a proshot of the two performances....I live for the day some fuckers like, got ya an IEM of Wembley 2006!

There's a mashup on YT with Axl and Rod Stewart... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Master Of Reality said:

That would be hilarious lol! I wouldn't be surprised either. With a normal band/management/singer, theories like this would be laughable...but we're talking about TB and Axl here. They probably had a 2 hour meeting to decide how they could punish us 🤣. All kidding aside, I hope friday is the day and hopefully The General and other songs follow within the next few weeks.

We're in a BDSM type relationship with this band, aren't we? 😂

Edited by colonizedmind
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

The only real question we should be asking ourselves is: did Axl record a studio version of this...or at the very least a proshot of the two performances....I live for the day some fuckers like, got ya an IEM of Wembley 2006!

Didnt Fernando promise he would check if theere wasnt a pro shot of it???

I cant remember if it was on reddit or somewhere else. Obviously, nothing happened since...