The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Just now, Blackstar said:

Live album/blu-ray, maybe?

Is the guy in grey the photographer? We also know that Ross Halfin and Sante D'Orazio took pictures at Hyde Park.

Maybe, but wouldn't it make more sense to use some of the thousands of live pictures they've already got for a live album?

I have no idea who the photographer is in that pic though.

They had the tour program in 2016/17 with lots of pics, and I think a photo book around 2017 (can't remember if it was a Nightrain thing or a VIP ticket thing). I guess they could be doing another one of those and wanted an official band pic? Still seems like an odd thing for this band to do though, if it's related to a live release.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Maybe, but wouldn't it make more sense to use some of the thousands of live pictures they've already got for a live album?

I have no idea who the photographer is in that pic though.

They had the tour program in 2016/17 with lots of pics, and I think a photo book around 2017 (can't remember if it was a Nightrain thing or a VIP ticket thing). I guess they could be doing another one of those and wanted an official band pic? Still seems like an odd thing for this band to do though, if it's related to a live release.

I doubt they've shot all that live and behind the scenes footage only for the video of Perhaps. And it appears that the filming crew is still there - there was a guy filming in one of Meegan's recent videos from soundcheck.

I think there was originally a plan for a live release (the show at Dodger Stadium in 2016 was professionally filmed and they had a video/film crew on tour in 2017, too, because they released some short video recaps with footage from each leg that year), but it was scrapped, I guess because they continued touring. But now it looks like they'll take a break after this tour, definitely for 2024 - it seems Slash has it fully booked for his SMKC and solo stuff - but probably for 2025, too, as Slash has implied that GN'R won't be touring for a while.

Then again, why wouldn't they use pictures and footage from 2016/17? Who knows, maybe Axl didn't like the pictures :lol: Or maybe they want the release to be representing of the whole tour.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I doubt they've shot all that live and behind the scenes footage only for the video of Perhaps. And it appears that the filming crew is still there - there was a guy filming in one of Meegan's recent videos from soundcheck.

I think there was originally a plan for a live release (the show at Dodger Stadium in 2016 was professionally filmed and they had a video/film crew on tour in 2017, too, because they released some short video recaps with footage from each leg that year), but it was scrapped, I guess because they continued touring. But now it looks like they'll take a break after this tour, definitely for 2024 - it seems Slash has it fully booked for his SMKC and solo stuff - but probably for 2025, too, as Slash has implied that GN'R won't be touring for a while.

Then again, why wouldn't they use pictures and footage from 2016/17? Who knows, maybe Axl didn't like the pictures :lol:

Well, like you said they've had film crews before and it didn't amount to a release. Maybe they'll release a 'selects' during next years downtime? Maybe they're filming sound checks and backstage footage so they have instagram fluff to post over the next year or two... when did Slash imply they won't tour again for a while?

I don't think that photo shoot was related to a live release - it would make way more sense to use a photo of them all taking a bow at the end of the show.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well, like you said they've had film crews before and it didn't amount to a release. Maybe they'll release a 'selects' during next years downtime? Maybe they're filming sound checks and backstage footage so they have instagram fluff to post over the next year or two... when did Slash imply they won't tour again for a while?

I don't think that photo shoot was related to a live release - it would make way more sense to use a photo of them all taking a bow at the end of the show.

Slash said that GN'R were going to do "one more tour" in 2023 and after that they would be free to work on new material. Supposed work on new material aside, his comment implied that they would not be touring for a while after 2023.

I hope you are right and the photo shoot is not for a live release (but I think there'll be a live release anyway, regardless of whether the photo shoot was for that or not). Another possibility, since they seem to do serious promotion for Perhaps, is that it's for a cover article/interview in a magazine.

Edited by Blackstar

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did anyone figure out wtf this is? Looks like a photo shoot, but for what? Why would they do a photo shoot for more tour announcements or one-off singles? Could it be... the image that will be on the backside of a CD booklet, or a vinyl sleeve? :ph34r:

image.png.52a1cf487a4e11f82b2096e255daf023.png

It looks like they’re all color coordinated as well. Hopefully it’s for a new album. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LandOla said:

Time to Die is a new title, care to share more info?

It's about a dictator who trawled through the jungles and enters the battle field to face The General 

3 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

It looks like they’re all color coordinated as well. Hopefully it’s for a new album. 

I think that was backstage at Glasto where all acts get publicity shots, we saw bits of it on the Gram at the time, didn't we? Melissa behind a plant 🌵 looking awkward!?

Zoom in, Axl's got his IEM in ready for showtime!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

got ya to click didn't it? :)

"It's the same thing with Aerosmith, same thing with Guns N' Roses, these bands, they make albums because there's fans out there that want to hear new music,"

Just wish Alice spoke to pele before making such outlandish claims like this 😂 

• Haha 3

Although we don't like the timeline, and are really bad at guessing the next move, what slash said is sort of happening.  He said they had some singles left over from CD that they wanted to get out before new album The General will be the 4th one released exactly how he said it would happen. We have that stag guy talking about new music sounding more like AFD etc.  Maybe that really was the plan all along?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Although we don't like the timeline, and are really bad at guessing the next move, what slash said is sort of happening.  He said they had some singles left over from CD that they wanted to get out before new album The General will be the 4th one released exactly how he said it would happen. We have that stag guy talking about new music sounding more like AFD etc.  Maybe that really was the plan all along?

Said the same myself a few days ago....it IS pretty much but on Axl time that is ....slightly improved Axl time  😉

• Like 2

Do you think Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps will be on the eventual new album? The mixing and mastering is so different, I can't imagine them working out together unless they are remastered, and mixed different prior. 

Funny how because of how bad the drums are on Hard Skool, we assume that is Frank's playing. :P I mean, I believe it is, but it could be Brain's playing, heavily and poorly processed/mixed. 

41 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Do you think Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps will be on the eventual new album? The mixing and mastering is so different, I can't imagine them working out together unless they are remastered, and mixed different prior. 

Fun and maybe pointless fact. Perhaps and Absurb were both released in Hi Res to streaming platforms, HS is currently not Hi Res, along with ChiDem and Spaghetti albums. My guess is HS is being put on an album. I wonder if The General will be Hi Res?

I'm so excited and still in disbelief that we're actually getting The General, but there's something that kinda brings the high down for me, and that's that instead of it being a surprise, and the band themselves generating the hype for it, we find out that it's coming because it's listed as a B-side on the physical release of Perhaps. It just feels so underwhelming and such a bummer that this legendary song was just quietly announced and is going to be a B-side. Idk, like I said I'm thrilled we're finally getting it, I just hate the way we're getting it. I wish Axl actually still had the passion for this music he labored over for so long, instead of now just seemingly farting them out to give a little boost to new tours.

39 minutes ago, quikspade said:

Fun and maybe pointless fact. Perhaps and Absurb were both released in Hi Res to streaming platforms, HS is currently not Hi Res, along with ChiDem and Spaghetti albums. My guess is HS is being put on an album. I wonder if The General will be Hi Res?

I noticed that too with Hard Skool, on Qobuz Absurd and Perhaps are available in high-res, but Hard Skool is not. I wonder why.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Funny how because of how bad the drums are on Hard Skool, we assume that is Frank's playing. :P I mean, I believe it is, but it could be Brain's playing, heavily and poorly processed/mixed. 

This could be wrong but this is a quote from Melissa's website about her projects confirming it's Brain on that track:

"As of 2016, Melissa was thrilled accepting the opportunity to join legendary rock band Guns N' Roses as their first ever female band member - playing keyboards, samplers and singing background vocals. The Guns N' Roses "Not In This Lifetime" tour has been one of the highest grossing tours of all time and has sold out tour dates world wide. Melissa was also excited to have contributed musically to the band’s two newest released singles “ABSUЯD” and “Hard Skool”, which coincidentally feature Brain on drums as well. The band is currently on another world tour, with more to come in 2023."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quikspade said:

Or the opposite. Absurb and Perhaps are put on an album due to the high(er) sound quality.

1 hour ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

This could be wrong but this is a quote from Melissa's website about her projects confirming it's Brain on that track:

"As of 2016, Melissa was thrilled accepting the opportunity to join legendary rock band Guns N' Roses as their first ever female band member - playing keyboards, samplers and singing background vocals. The Guns N' Roses "Not In This Lifetime" tour has been one of the highest grossing tours of all time and has sold out tour dates world wide. Melissa was also excited to have contributed musically to the band’s two newest released singles “ABSUЯD” and “Hard Skool”, which coincidentally feature Brain on drums as well. The band is currently on another world tour, with more to come in 2023."

I read that too, but it is odd Absurd did credit Brain, when Hard Skool did not. 

43 minutes ago, drlaban said:

Or the opposite. Absurb and Perhaps are put on an album due to the high(er) sound quality.

I was wondering about that. Absurd still seems "louder" than Perhaps, and the drums too low in the mix, and the guitars too high. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

Often such information is wrong...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm so excited and still in disbelief that we're actually getting The General, but there's something that kinda brings the high down for me, and that's that instead of it being a surprise, and the band themselves generating the hype for it, we find out that it's coming because it's listed as a B-side on the physical release of Perhaps. It just feels so underwhelming and such a bummer that this legendary song was just quietly announced and is going to be a B-side. Idk, like I said I'm thrilled we're finally getting it, I just hate the way we're getting it. I wish Axl actually still had the passion for this music he labored over for so long, instead of now just seemingly farting them out to give a little boost to new tours.

I really don't care if it's just a b-side. Much more important to me is, if it's gonna be released as a CD or at least on streaming platforms. But I really want a CD for my collection since my LP player is damaged.

15 minutes ago, Walapino said:

Could it be that they released the HardSkool EP because that song wont be a part of the new album? and the other 2 and the general will?

Well, if we believe in what Slash said, no, because the plan was to release them separately until they've got enough for an album.