The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

17 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

Yeah, probably a few factors there, but what stands out to me is that the new songs are over produced and complicated. They're also highly emotionally presented and delve into serious themes. This makes them very hard to digest, especially for the casual market. I personally love them but i can acknowledge these traits.

I don't really buy a lot of that. Serious themes can make great hits. Just need to have the songs/songwriting behind them.

• Like 1

Lack of radioplay with these singles could be because the label isn't that much involved, I think. If so they probably aren't even pushing the radio stations to get them played. Not defending the songs or anything, they just don't care lol. Just compare how they promoted both of the box sets to these singles. But it seems that neither does the band care that much. They probably view these songs as just something extra for the Nightrain fanclub. Next single/song will be most likely released along with the updated membership package. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

I don't really buy a lot of that. Serious themes can make great hits. Just need to have the songs/songwriting behind them.

Yeah, that is true. I think it's more a combination of the things i mentioned. At least when the music is simple and easy to follow or in a familiar style or structure or the user, the serious themes go down easier. But when they are coupled with the other stuff i mentioned, people may get exhausted listening to it?

18 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

If Guns want to get played on the radio then they need to ditch the CD era. That whole era is full of mid tempo songs with no real guitar riffs and lyrics about all the people that wronged Axl in the 90s. People don’t really relate to that. 

I think Zodiac 13, Oklahoma, and Me & My Elvis would make killer songs, and assuming all three were finished with vocals, and maybe Bukethead, they would be. However, the NITL will suck the life out of them if they touch them, much like they did with a majority of the new singles. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Duff announces a new double live album coming later this month. I guess I’m too much of a simpleton to understand why Guns hasn’t released a live album 8 years into the semi reunion :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Duff announces a new double live album coming later this month. I guess I’m too much of a simpleton to understand why Guns hasn’t released a live album 8 years into the semi reunion :shrugs:

Yeah, it is very strange. And it can't be because of Axl's vocals, because they released those god awful selects with arguably the worst sounding Axl on an official release

• Like 1

I think it's been clear for a while now that all Axl is really interested in is releasing the stuff he's already made. 

If Axl wanted to they would be working on new stuff. I'm not really complaining as I'm one of the people who loves the cd stuff but yeah I think it's pretty clear that Duff and Slash would be up for it but Axl isn't interested as of yet as far as we know. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, it is very strange. And it can't be because of Axl's vocals, because they released those god awful selects with arguably the worst sounding Axl on an official release

Pick any Summer 2016 show and you are good to go. The gigs they did then were really good vocally….becomes hit and miss moving into 2017.

If you wanted a tour spanning collection….anything 2017 onwards should be the ones he largely nails like ISE, Nightrain etc. The tougher ones like Rocket Queen should absolutely be from 2016. OTGM in summer 2016 was superb too - especially the Adler one.

So - it’s really easy to produce a great set spanning the tour. As to why it’s not happened yet….who knows.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Perhaps and Hard School are CD songs though ??? Ya'll are so weird

Slash and Duff are on them, they may come from that era but sound more like GnR rather than nuguns. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Slash and Duff are on them, they may come from that era but sound more like GnR rather than nuguns. 

Oddly enough, the Robin solo on Perhaps sounds more like GNR than the Slash one. Slash solo ruined the song for me, it's so bad.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

That's almost an insult to the classic lineups lol. They never released anything that sounded as disjointed and frankensteined as the NITL singles. The CD tracks don't sound nearly as bad, either. Yea they're leftovers with Slash and Duff playing on them, but that doesn't automatically make them better than anything on CD. The Blues, Sorry, This I Love, etc sound way more like 'GNR' than any of those singles...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Do they really? Because they still sound very very similar to the leaked versions with the other members. Just like when nuguns did AFD songs ... Was very minor differences in sound. Point is, so many here like to shit on ChiDem and then praise they ChiDem songs just because Slash added a different lick here or there lmao

59 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Do they really? Because they still sound very very similar to the leaked versions with the other members. Just like when nuguns did AFD songs ... Was very minor differences in sound. Point is, so many here like to shit on ChiDem and then praise they ChiDem songs just because Slash added a different lick here or there lmao

I think there are more CD/NuGuns fans here than there are of classic-era Guns.  I feel I'm in the minority by not liking NuGuns and thinking that CD is shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I think there are more CD/NuGuns fans here than there are of classic-era Guns.  I feel I'm in the minority by not liking NuGuns and thinking that CD is shit.

As of late, the anti-CD fans have been the loudest

On 5/1/2024 at 4:26 PM, DTV88 said:

With everything going on in the world right now the timing is not right.....

Can you believe this was actually given as an excuse with straight face at one point?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah there is definitely more Nuguns fans around these days. I think most of the classic era fans have given up on this version of the band and don’t stick around.

Axl has no interest in writing music. He won’t even do a live album. The best we’ll get is some more of those awful leftovers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Yeah there is definitely more Nuguns fans around these days. I think most of the classic era fans have given up on this version of the band and don’t stick around.

I've been here since 2016, but I think that a portion of the CD era fans who had (semi)retired or become less active after the reunion returned because of the Village leaks. On the other hand, a portion of the classic era fans who joined, returned or became more active after 2016 and were rooting for a full reunion of the AFD lineup were disappointed as time went by and the hopes for that to happen diminished - I remember many Izzy fans who don't post anymore.

And then it's just that posters on a forum naturally come and go for various reasons that many times are unrelated to the band.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Question for native English speakers:

As a non native speaker, although I think I have adequate comprehension skills in English, I sometimes look up a word or expression, even if I think I know what it means, to make sure I fully understand what is being said/written.

So when Slash said (in the recent Classic Rock interview) that a new GN'R record has been "on the books" for a while ("and should start coming together"), I looked it up, e.g. here:

on_the11.jpg

on_the10.jpg

But I saw that everybody in the other thread interpreted it as been "planned" or "thought about", and I was wondering if it could mean what one of the definitions in the dictionary says :lol:

It's not about getting hopes up or anything like that (I don't do that - and I'm generally neither optimistic or pessimistic), just a genuine question :)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2