The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I wonder if it is the first timr Slash says "Them"? 

It sound him feel a bit far away of the band. Or just was an unintentional slip. Poor Slash non stop to make interviews!

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I wonder if it is the first timr Slash says "Them"? 

It sound him feel a bit far away of the band. Or just was an unintentional slip. Poor Slash non stop to make interviews!

To be fair, he is out promoting his solo album and the SERPENT tour that includes the same band from the record. It doesn’t really sound like a them versus us scenario if English is your native language. That’s how I see it anyway 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

"Trying"...

2024_202.jpg

"Guns N’ Roses are trying to make their own record and I'm working with them in that capacity"

lol just saw this. Axl really fucked GNR up:lol: so lame 

Posted (edited)

I am sure it wasn't intentional on Slash's part, but I just find the quote "Guns N' Roses are trying to make their own record" hillariously representative of the entire band since 1995 :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Still funny to me. You know if it was up to Slash we’d be waiting for the third new GNR album since 2016

Yeah surely, but that doesn’t make him a hired hand. He can write himself as much as he wants, but he can’t force Axl to write songs, neither can he take Axl‘s existing vocal recordings to create a GNR record on his own. It’s Axl‘s part to deliver vocals.

Any Eddie T interviews lined up for Slasher in this press run? He's usually the best to ask GNR future Q's and is big enough fanboy  to get some juice and interesting nuggets on record and off....

Note to interviewers: Can someone at least ask a follow up to these little vaguaries, he's not too guarded to mention new music or that the plan has been (for 18 months now) for Guns to get this last tour off the books then go and cut a new record (at the time you'd think that was a rough plan Axl was open to or he wouldn't have said it - he knows who has final say so...), at this point that could still be the case...but when he says what he says, follow up should be - "So Guns are working on new stuff for an upcoming LP?" Or "So an LP is definitely the plan between you Duff and Axl....Axl is onboard?....or even a basic "what's the status....is there an agreement/plan of any kind?"....

It would give us much more to cling to than these little vaguaries....even in the endless pre release CD era, we knew an album was coming one day as Ax has announced it, songs had leaked, recording was happening....

This era of silence and nothing from Axl (not knowing his intentions)  is way worse and grinding....right? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Posters like @Rovim, @Draguns, @EvanG, ect. are incapable of objectivity. They basically function as press secretaries for the band.

As "Stone Cold" Steve Austin would say: What????

Actually I am capable of objectivity. When GNR's performance in 2017 at Berlin stunk, I said so. I didn't  buy the AFD box set because there was too much junk in there that wasn't needed, which was highly priced. I was critical about that.

What I don't like is people like you who whine about every little thing and don't have anything positive to say.  

Honestly, I don't appreciate a blindsided attack on me like this. If you don't like what I said, the easiest solution is to either scroll past or block me. That's all. 

Edited by Draguns
added more text
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Still funny to me. You know if it was up to Slash we’d be waiting for the third new GNR album since 2016

but even if it's not up to Slash, going by what Slash and Duff said in interviews, Axl has not given up on the idea of trying to complete another Gn'R album. they said a lot of things in the '90's as well and I'm aware of that and nothing happened, but this version of the current lineup doesn't seem to have any personal issues so to me that means there's still a good chance we'll get a final Gn'R album eventually and this latest interview only supports that.

Edited by Rovim

On 5/18/2024 at 6:51 PM, vloors said:

And it would have been a total flop.

I don't care. Chinese Democracy was a total flop commercially, but an outstanding album nonetheless. There Was A Time, Better, Street of Dreams, Prostitute, all amazing songs. Not using There Was A Time as a single is like not releasing Sweet Child O' Mine as a single. CD II with CD like proper mastering and recording with full on Finck and Buckethead guitars would have been amazing. If it were to be a flop, it would only be a flop due to lack of promotion or people just have bad taste in music (Jelly Roll, Post Malone, rap, etc)

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, just like you would have had it in 2009-2015.

Yeah, just like Axl hinted at a new album in 2014 or 2015. Then reunion news happens and I knew we'd never get CD II as this would be yet another excuse to not release it. Hell, we'd probably have CD III by now if not for the corporate cash grab reunion.

13 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

the ONLY reason was how they handeled it.  lets not pretend Nu-gnr was doing anything more.  the NITLT had momentum and they squandered it sway

They handled it exactly as I thought they would: a huge reunion cash grab tour of the oldies. Oh, btw, Axl has zero interest in an old school rock album that everyone is begging for. Not going to happen, which is why he rejected Slash and Duff work back in the mid 90's. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I don't care. Chinese Democracy was a total flop commercially, but an outstanding album nonetheless. There Was A Time, Better, Street of Dreams, Prostitute, all amazing songs. Not using There Was A Time as a single is like not releasing Sweet Child O' Mine as a single. CD II with CD like proper mastering and recording with full on Finck and Buckethead guitars would have been amazing. If it were to be a flop, it would only be a flop due to lack of promotion or people just have bad taste in music (Jelly Roll, Post Malone, rap, etc)

Yeah, just like Axl hinted at a new album in 2014 or 2015. Then reunion news happens and I knew we'd never get CD II as this would be yet another excuse to not release it. Hell, we'd probably have CD III by now if not for the corporate cash grab reunion.

They handled it exactly as I thought they would: a huge reunion cash grab tour of the oldies. Oh, btw, Axl has zero interest in an old school rock album that everyone is begging for. Not going to happen, which is why he rejected Slash and Duff work back in the mid 90's. 

So far with what we have heard what is it that would actually have made CD 2 another outstanding album. The leaks plus the released tracks we do have is nothing outstanding dont you think. And the songs with axl vocals have been mostly subpar efforts.

Side note CDs mastering and mixing is shithouse.

Edited by vloors

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

Actually I am capable of objectivity. When GNR's performance in 2017 at Berlin stunk, I said so. I didn't  buy the AFD box set because there was too much junk in there that wasn't needed, which was highly priced. I was critical about that.

What I don't like is people like you who whine about every little thing and don't have anything positive to say.  

Honestly, I don't appreciate a blindsided attack on me like this. If you don't like what I said, the easiest solution is to either scroll past or block me. That's all. 

He doesn’t know what he is talking about. I have seen all the posters he called out being critical. They just don’t keep on whining about it. But to some that means you are a “fanboy” or a “press secretary” if you don’t spend the majority of your time whining and critiquing the same thing over and over.

• GNFNR 1

17 hours ago, Rovim said:

banging it out in a couple of weeks is just not an approach Axl seems interested in taking. at least not when it comes to Gn'R material.

there's a lot of interpretation and speculation and shit could always change, but the way I see it, there is plenty of resources including time to complete and release a final Gn'R album.

is it impossible that Axl, for example, chose to put together a few ideas of his own on piano, or work with individual members in the band that are not Slash and Duff? kinda like he did with Chinese, sometimes working one on one with Pitman or Paul or even a more basic thing like going back and listening to old material and maybe a few new ideas.

the issue here is that Axl is not talking and his reputation as an active musician who releases music on a regular basis is not good. this can put even the most positive shit in a bad light like the boy who cried wolf, but it doesn't mean that it won't happen.

I get the skepticism, but my guess is that if nothing was going on in the new music department then nobody would talk about it, certainly not in this way like Slash and Duff are talking about it. if nothing happened, wouldn't it be better for them to not say anything at all and avoid the question?

they're not too old yet to make it happen so I'm not going to say it's never going to happen when there are certain indications that the opposite is true, or at least that the intention of eventually releasing a complete album is there and some of the band members or Axl and crew already started that process.

It's the difficulty Axl went through with CD though that makes him not talk. Why would he, he was slaughtered for years and had to take the blame for record label interference causing delays. 

Any album we do see is definitely going to be CD leftovers and if there's not enough vocally for an album it'll be padded out with live tracks. It's completely unreasonable to even suggest a new song started from scratch is going to make it to a release. Let alone Axl recording vocals. 

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

It's the difficulty Axl went through with CD though that makes him not talk. Why would he, he was slaughtered for years and had to take the blame for record label interference causing delays. 

Any album we do see is definitely going to be CD leftovers and if there's not enough vocally for an album it'll be padded out with live tracks. It's completely unreasonable to even suggest a new song started from scratch is going to make it to a release. Let alone Axl recording vocals. 

I think it's best if you don't say "definitely" if you don't actually know what material a full Gn'R album will consist of if it will ever be completed and see the light of day. 

from what Slash and Duff are willing to share though, it seems Axl is not going to release nothing which is already a positive, considering how rare it is for him to release anything at all.

also, Axl is a pro. he has written and recorded songs before and he can do it again. 1 brand new song is not impossible and not even a bunch of them imo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Draguns said:

2018* :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Side note CDs mastering and mixing is shithouse.

Mixing, sure. But still many times better than the CD2 songs NITL has released. 
CD’s mastering was fantastic, IMO. They picked the highest dynamic version Bob Ludwig prepared. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

These last few pages sees a lot of members here getting high on Slash farts 

I think it's only one or two. Most people seem to see now the way things are going for GNR. It's pretty obvious what Slash is saying, over and over - he would like to do a new album but it's not his lookout, and there hasn't been much progress. 

As ever, we'd all be happy to be wrong....but I think we all know Slash is now focussed on his solo stuff as his outlet and his comments, however much people want to scream "IT'S HAPPENING" or whatever, state exactly this. 

He'll be back in the studio with SMKC making a new album soon, enjoying it and having fun writing and recording. Then GNR will call and he'll tour with them a bit before going back to writing and recording for his own solo stuff. 

If people want to think anything different is happening, or read more into it, at this stage it's only going to lead to disappointment. 

• Like 4

Slash, Duff and all the other band members probably got tons of ideas, riffs and material stashed away in case Axl wants to do real music ever again...until that happens they can only try to stay chill and do other things.

• Like 3

no one is saying a brand new album will drop in a week. some posters simply can't accept the fact that it's not too late for that to happen eventually. if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to be let down by it, but I'm optimistic there's a good chance it would happen in Axl's lifetime and nothing we know makes me believe otherwise. :shrugs:

• Like 1