09/28/23 - Houston, TX - Minute Maid Park

downzy

5 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Awesome show...just wished they would have played Better instead of some of the other songs.

I think they only played two songs from CD....

Chinese Democracy & Street of Dreams

Even if Better is kind of an important song, Axl wasn't even able to properly singing it back in 2006... let alone 2023

He wouldn't just make justice to the song.

Still, I don't think Axl's voice is fucked like many say. It took him many live performances to do Perhaps right... because he doesn't practice. So let's avoid hard songs like Better

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Even if Better is kind of an important song, Axl wasn't even able to properly singing it back in 2006... let alone 2023

He wouldn't just make justice to the song.

Still, I don't think Axl's voice is fucked like many say. It took him many live performances to do Perhaps right... because he doesn't practice. So let's avoid hard songs like Better

I love Better, but you do have a valid point.  And thinking about it this stick tonm the lower songs strategy could lead to more setlist changes which would be a good thing.  Mix it up some more.  

That was the best Perhaps I saw so far. He still does unnecessary mickey on the verses and still sings the part that I think duff and melissa should handle on the chorus, but still the best one so far. There was even some sign of rasp in the chorus, wasn't there?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Watching a few now. Seems to be great energy at the show.

There's something about GN'R and Houston, it seems

I think it might have something to do with the High Humidity climate somehow helping with his voice.

We were joking that the next vocal tracks he records needs to be in a studio in Houston with no AC.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I think it might have something to do with the High Humidity climate somehow helping with his voice.

We were joking that the next vocal tracks he records needs to be in a studio in Houston with no AC.

Oh I meant the bad as a whole, not just Axl. Like you can see Duff and Slash's movements and performances elevated. But I suppose if the boss is having a good day, everyone else will