08/15/23 - East Rutherford, NJ - Metlife Stadium

downzy

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Can anyone get what exactly Axl says about Trump at the beginning of this? Did he do a Trump impression?

"Y'know, Trump is saying a lot of things, but it can all boil down to the '70s... 'I am.... not corrupt!'"

He's doing a Nixon impression, hence the weird noises between "I am" and "not corrupt" and holding the peace sign at the end, reference to Watergate scandal:

Nixon-Watergate-Vsign.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know he's an acquired taste and not really relevant in 2023, but I always make it a point to go see Andrew Dice Clay when he's in the Baltimore/DC area. I love him. He's hilarious.

Here's a vid from his Instagram with Duff and everyone's favorite, Tom Mayhue:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwBcar9AKQv/?hl=en

12 hours ago, Amir said:

"Y'know, Trump is saying a lot of things, but it can all boil down to the '70s... 'I am.... not corrupt!'"

He's doing a Nixon impression, hence the weird noises between "I am" and "not corrupt" and holding the peace sign at the end, reference to Watergate scandal:

Nixon-Watergate-Vsign.jpg

I wonder how many people understand it Axl joke?

21 hours ago, Amir said:

Full show is up on YouTube. Thought Catcher sounded OK, was happy when they swapped out SoD for it in 2013, was highlight for me then and in 2014. Slash's solo a bit better than the one he played at Houston 2016 which I watched for comparison, but will always love how Bumblefoot played the solo live 2013-14. I liked Slash's outro guitar playing.

Anyone know what guitar this is? Slash used it for Catcher, has he used it for any other songs live?

Screenshot2023-08-17at00_58_02.thumb.png.2f74ab7852ec97e944d9c5dc3067e53c.png

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's a Firebird, he's been using it for Catcher since 2016 I think. He's got a signature one with Epiphone, but I assume he's playing a Gibson live. Pretty sure he used it on another song in 2016-17 but I can't remember which one...

I Wanna Be Your Dog and Shadow Of Your Love i think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I know he's an acquired taste and not really relevant in 2023, but I always make it a point to go see Andrew Dice Clay when he's in the Baltimore/DC area. I love him. He's hilarious.

Here's a vid from his Instagram with Duff and everyone's favorite, Tom Mayhue:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwBcar9AKQv/?hl=en

Ha! Duff walked into being in a random skit....he's like, Oh jesus!  

22 hours ago, Amir said:

Full show is up on YouTube. Thought Catcher sounded OK, was happy when they swapped out SoD for it in 2013, was highlight for me then and in 2014. Slash's solo a bit better than the one he played at Houston 2016 which I watched for comparison, but will always love how Bumblefoot played the solo live 2013-14. I liked Slash's outro guitar playing.

Anyone know what guitar this is? Slash used it for Catcher, has he used it for any other songs live?

Screenshot2023-08-17at00_58_02.thumb.png.2f74ab7852ec97e944d9c5dc3067e53c.png

Any Catcher clips....can't seem to find any...

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Yea I wonder how they get access to those. I've not seen a press kit yet or something where you can register to get photos

There is a PR company who works with GN'R and provides the pictures called The Oriel Company

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-kicks-off-north-american-tour-in-moncton-see-photos-from-opening-night

• Thanks 1