06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

Anyone who was front centre of GC see the bald bloke get dragged by 2 security high pitch, clearly damaged raspy squeaking 'i aint done fook all' whilst getting dragged? Was pretty lively there for the best part😂😂

P.S - defo wasn't Axl 

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

That was a surprise to me. I’ve not listened to the studio version since it came out but when when your there at the show it’s a riff that can get the crowd going. I think Absurd and Hardskool are songs that work a lot better live 

Idk for me Axl really struggles with hardskool live so I am not a fan of it in the set.

Nails absurd live though.

• ABSUЯD 2

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think they've ever had one but there's a few bands who do their acoustic sets on smaller stages, and it's cool for the people at the back of the venue if the b-stage is near the back of the floor. Just put them on one big couch, Frank and Melissa get tambourines and maybe Dizzy plays piano on Wichita/KOHD.

I think the closest they ever came to a B-stage was the flying piano

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Idk for me Axl really struggles with hardskool live so I am not a fan of it in the set.

Nails absurd live though.

Yeah you can hear Axl struggling to sing it in bits but like Absurd I haven’t bothered with the studio version as much but I thought it’s better as a live song. I can’t believe I’m saying but I now prefer Absurd over Hardskool when it’s live. 

• ABSUЯD 3

2 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Yeah you can hear Axl struggling to sing it in bits but like Absurd I haven’t bothered with the studio version as much but I thought it’s better as a live song. I can’t believe I’m saying but I now prefer Absurd over Hardskool when it’s live. 

Much prefer Absurd live over Hard Stool

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

19 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Anyone who was front centre of GC see the bald bloke get dragged by 2 security high pitch, clearly damaged raspy squeaking 'i aint done fook all' whilst getting dragged? Was pretty lively there for the best part😂😂

P.S - defo wasn't Axl 

Haha yeah he was being pretty obnoxious, basically barging through everyone with zero gig-etiquette! Was just quite amusing because it was right during the Jungle breakdown :lol:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Haha yeah he was being pretty obnoxious, basically barging through everyone with zero gig-etiquette! Was just quite amusing because it was right during the Jungle breakdown :lol:

Fucking hilarious wasn't it, he was a twat but barely had any voice left the poor fucker 😂 the front would shove him backwards, then I'd be shoving him back forwards after someone else would be threatening to whack him😂

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Haha 2

Fuck going by the crowd experiences I must’ve been in the jungle 😂

I was at the front slightly to the left of centre at the GA and I seen paramedics for someone to the left of me and also to a woman to right and I seen either 4 or 5 people getting taken away by security with the last person still singing at the top of his voice to whatever was playing 😂

32 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

You must not have seen the lady with the rather large (cosmetic) breasts try to get the attention of the band during November Rain, who then in frustration threw her top and bra at the stage. She did succeed in getting Axl's and Fortus's attention during Heavens Door, at which time security then intervened.....

Axl had a grin on his face for about a minute then, and made some comment about things getting even better. 

Haha no! Love to see it

Love to see it, as an expression showing my amusement regarding the incident :lol:

39 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

You must not have seen the lady with the rather large (cosmetic) breasts try to get the attention of the band during November Rain, who then in frustration threw her top and bra at the stage. She did succeed in getting Axl's and Fortus's attention during Heavens Door, at which time security then intervened.....

Axl had a grin on his face for about a minute then, and made some comment about things getting even better. 

I was a fair distance away….and could still clearly see what was going on there. I think Axl thanked her and blew her a kiss. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

It's like people got sick of moaning about Axls voice and just accepted it so now need something new to moan about so need a few comments on every thread about whatever solo Slash didn't play note for note live. 

Yet in the real world the band just played one of the biggest festivals and nearly every review was positive towards Slash. 

The difference is, the people on this forum follow the band and can tell when Slash is not trying. He seemed motivated and energetic at Glastonbury, so I'll give him his props. But that doesn't change the fact that on a lot of performances, he clearly on autopilot. People are going to be annoyed by that when everybody else on stage (including Axl, despite the decline in his vocal abilities) is giving a 100%  for the fans every night. Axl's voice is the topic of conversation here 80% of the time anyway, so it's not like people are being unnecessarily focused on Slash.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

Very good review! I just wish the band would play some more fan favorites ie Don't Cry, My Michelle, Out to Get Me instead of some of the other songs they play. 

Seems mixed crowd reviews then....from some and the vids it looks quite sedate for a Glasga gig...others on here that were in the thick of it, reporting quite a few interesting moments...like the a few that wanted to show you WHAT a rock gig should be....fighting the dying of the light....ahhh Rio I miss you....or like I said a few days ago. Guns need to play Barrowlands at least once before they hang it up, what a roukous that would be! 

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya...the Vegas days of DJ slamming a solo in-between two strip babes! 

Talking of which, we did actually (I know it had lots of issues getting to shops cough AXL cough) get a live release blu ray (in 3D no less) of the latter Chinese lineup, surely theres been an offer on the table for a reunion disc or at least from Amazon or netflix, etc to buy the right$ to show Houston or LA!?! Any word of rumours on that front last few years?

18 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Finally recovered from last night

Guns really made good on a 3 year old promise :wub:

It's been 11 years since GNR were in Scotland (or their first time ever depending on your perspective) and it's been 6 years since I last saw the band. 

I worried that I was going to be late for the start but managed to arrive right on time and got a great spot on Duff's side of the stage. This was the first time I've been at the front for a GNR show, and to see these icons up-close with my own eyes really felt unreal. 

The crowd were pretty subdued compared to what I expected, especially as it got to the middle of the set, but I think that it being a Tuesday and with raining all day this contributed. Everyone still looked to be having a great time and I've heard nothing but good things from people. The venue seemed absolutely rammed. 

The setlist was as if I had written it myself(aside from missing out don't cry!) it really has something for everyone, songs from every era of the band (and others lol). I loved all the additions for this leg of the tour. Before this leg of the tour I know there was some criticism of the setlsit but last night I saw 11 songs (including covers) I hadn't seen performed before.

Axl was a beast. I know he gets a lot of flack for his vocals on here but live they really deliver. His showman ship is still absolutely A+ as well. He was in such a good mood and seemed genuinely thankful to the assembled crowd.

Slash blew me away with just how much presence he exudes, really making the band feel like GNR. 

Duff is as cool as ever, his solo spot was fun and he interacted well with the crowd. 

GNR really are firing on all cylinders right now, after a shaky few years of spinning their wheels this really does feel like an all new show (meme intended). 

Roll on Hyde Park!

Great review dude! Glad you enjoyed it. Always waaay better in person at 100+ dB than on tinny YT (not that either mask Axl) Lots of good will at the moment, just wish they'd capatalise on it....sooner rather than Axl, I mean later! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

McCormick has a bit more front about him though....

He sounds like a right arrogant prick.Intent on offending all of us. Instead of tweets  etc we should all help write a strong comeback song with Axl/ Guns compose something together  for these two smart arses. Which are most likely lurking in this forum. 

5 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

355656410-841490660672848-77136586758005356890002-10167962262720357-830692327433

This first picture has 90's energy  to me.  

A good set of pictures @We love Axl Rose Thank you very much. 

• Like 2