06/05/23 - Tel Aviv, IL - Hayarkon Park

downzy

4 minutes ago, VeeR said:

I'm happy they are rehearsing this song. I know it's a 20-somthing-year-old song at this point. Almost makes no sense to shelve these songs (Perhaps, Atlas, etc) this far into the game.

These songs are not hits by any means, but they don't totally suck either and help keep the tour fresh.

I think what many people want is newly written material by the band, but at this rate, I don't know if we will get much.

it's old for us, but it's not old for those who doesn't heard the leaks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't recognize the song form the second clip. The first is clearly Perhaps. The second doesn't sound like Atlas to me. Or maybe the bridge in Atlas?

The second is also Perhaps

They absolutely need an album out of this don't they? 

Another one/two stand alone songs will have the same impact as HS/Absurd (i.e. not much) but if they did these, then put a full album of the re-worked stuff out, that would be a different story. Makes far more sense to me to do that than drip-feeding them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

males more sense to debut it on Spain's concert on 9th June, so it's out right after in Spotify

You know there is no sense in matters of Guns N Roses things, so maybe they will play It today or in 5 weeks, only a person knows it...

Edited by Dani_1455
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Another one/two stand alone songs will have the same impact as HS/Absurd (i.e. not much) but if they did these, then put a full album of the re-worked stuff out, that would be a different story. Makes far more sense to me to do that than drip-feeding them. 

I don’t think it matters too much at this point, best to just get the songs out however Axl wants

Things can still release on Tuesdays. And depending how stuff is scheduled it’s not impossible to release on other days such as Wednesday and Thursdays. It’s just become a normal for things to be Tuesdays and Fridays nowadays. So it’s possible for them to release it for tomorrow/tonight

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

males more sense to debut it on Spain's concert on 9th June, so it's out right after in Spotify

I won't expect them to play it at tonight's show though. They'll probably soundcheck it for many shows like they did Hard Skool before releasing it. But who knows at this point hahaha 

Either way it makes sense to have it out before Glastonbury. The added mainstream exposure from that gig will probably lead to an increase in streams. There will probably be pro shot on TV at least in the UK from that show, it's the perfect time for them to put something out.

But  it's GN'R so who knows lol 

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Either way it makes sense to have it out before Glastonbury. The added mainstream exposure from that gig will probably lead to an increase in streams. There will probably be pro shot on TV at least in the UK from that show, it's the perfect time for them to put something out.

maybe there's more new songs that they can debut till then.

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don’t think it matters too much at this point, best to just get the songs out however Axl wants

I'd agree personally but in terms of them having an impact- putting an album out definitely works better. 

If they've got,say, 10 of these re-works, do them as an album, slowly introduce them to the set. 

I'm not sure that making an impact matters to them though I guess, based on the lack of promotion of the last two. 

6 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I'd say it's likely they don't even play the 'new' songs at Glastonbury, based on the stage time they have. 

8 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Ahhh glad I found my peace with this already. They had long breaks and never sat down to write new shit at all. Glad these old axl songs are getting reworked. 

Oh sorry, I mean the re-works yeah. I have zero belief that they'll write anything new together again! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Agreed. The multiple singles/EP approach might have worked if they did it in a timeframe that made sense, but it’s been two years already since the last round. Doing a couple more now and then dropping two more in like 2025 would be pretty fucking goofy if they’re already in the can.

Time to put out the rest of what’s been completed, however they can. Hopefully that’s what this is.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Agreed. The singles approach might have worked if they did in a timeframe that made sense, but it’s been two years already since the last round. Doing a couple more now and then dropping two more in like 2025 would be pretty fucking goofy if they’re already in the can.

Time to put out the rest of what’s been completed, however they can. Hopefully that’s what this is.

My opinion is that the strategy would be the same as 2 years ago, perhaps at the start of the tour and another one, possibly atlas, at the middle (I'm hoping for Oklahoma) and if there are some more, in the next tour that seem to be in 2025!

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd say it's likely they don't even play the 'new' songs at Glastonbury, based on the stage time they have. 

That isn't what I meant. I meant the added exposure of being on TV ect will lead to an increase in streams and if there is a new song there on spotify ect it's more likely people will listen to it.

They should do a mainstream hits set for Glasto for sure

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What's their set time? Do they not get a full set?