06/05/23 - Tel Aviv, IL - Hayarkon Park

downzy

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

not the 1st one if this tour.  But historically , since the re-union, you are correct

Wrote it before the Abu Dhabi show was announced 

As for the weak tour opening, maybe the Abu Dhabi concert broke the curse 😃

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 2:43 AM, body said:

The band supports aid to Ukraine, and forgets about the hundreds of thousands persecuted in Palestine by the Isralesque political regime. Shame. 

The bullshit never gets old. Just keep repeating it over and over and surely enough people will believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What part of that is bullshit? 😄 Very accurate, but very much ignored because it suits.

Anyway.... This is a gig thread, I'm sure there's threads specific to politics if people want to discuss this.

Bands should not get involved in politics. It’s about connecting people through music, the commonality of music should cross any divides. But it turns into pandering to whatever is the “now” topic. I think it’s best to let the music do the talking and let’s keep these threads about the music and the band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Was Perhaps actually on that set list? It looked too blurred to tell

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It was blurred, but still clear enough to make out a 'P' at the start and a 'PS' at the end. Filling in the rest of the word for Perhaps fits with what was on the list.

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think so, personally. Difficult one to say for sure though. 

I'm sure it's there, but my beef is with the origin of the photo. Is it from a roadie? Did it just magically appear on the internet one day? Whose name is that? Etc. Not much convincing so far, plus the miserable quality... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I'm sure it's there, but my beef is with the origin of the photo. Is it from a roadie? Did it just magically appear on the internet one day? Whose name is that? Etc. Not much convincing so far, plus the miserable quality... 

The only argument is that TV eye was on that setlist and who would be able to just guess that

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It was a screenshot of a video of the soundboard. It was definitely legit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

The only argument is that TV eye was on that setlist and who would be able to just guess that

Damn, didn't notice! That settles it then. 

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

It was a screenshot of a video of the soundboard. It was definitely legit.

Cool, must have missed that one. Perhaps it is then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I was watching some of the videos from the other night and Axl was really good. Not only was Axl good but having Melissa come in and help with some of the higher notes really works well.  Anything Goes probably sounded as good as a dud could and it was cool to see Axl and Slash share the mic during Nice Boys.  Just a really good setlist and show all together.

Confident it's only going to get better from here this tour.

We haven't had such a good tour start in years. It always a good sign when we can hear some grit sound in his voice. 

But he should still skip TIL and songs in that register.

Edited by TheDemocracyRose
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

351137539-1625254124652564-5950636000831

Lithograph is a reference to "The White City", a collection buildings in Tel Aviv from the 1930s, Bauhaus style. And according to Wikipedia Tel Aviv has the largest number of buildings in the Bauhaus/International Style of any city in the world!

The building in the litho could be this one, but of course it could be a totally different one.

• Like 1