Guns at Glastonbury confirmed

5 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

that a fact or opinion? link me to an official data for verification.

Anyway I don't want to continue this topic 'cause WOKE army are always right around the corner.

are gay people or straight people usually being targeted by hatred or dictatorships? if you're not a complete idiot, you know the answer. so your comparison is fucking idiotic. but yes, it's the "woke mob" once again. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I would love to have seen the people complaining about gnr when they saw the band photo and there was 3 non white members. Which one of the 3 is not counted as "non-white". 

Only a matter of time before some BS rag magazine / tiktokker makes their fresh take on One in a million

I'm guessing Melissa because she's not male either :lol:

I'm pretty surprised the OIAM thing hasn't been mentioned in the press yet

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I would love to have seen the people complaining about gnr when they saw the band photo and there was 3 non white members. Which one of the 3 is not counted as "non-white". 

Only a matter of time before some BS rag magazine / tiktokker makes their fresh take on One in a million

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hmmm.....the last 12 years have seen increasingly right wing people being voted in, culminating in a man who made racist, homophobic and sexist comments. So I'd politely disagree. 

Here's hoping for a change at the next election though. 

So you're basing it on Boris being elected - but not Rishi now being leader? Who isn't very white. And the woman between them. Who wasn't very good. Granted, not elected, but hey, they were there. Conveniently left out of your argument. 

The reality is, as Elon Musk described, the centre is moving further away from what once was centre. And anyone left there is now sadly perceived to be right wing - regardless of their views.

There is a HUGE amount of diversity at Glastonbury, and always has been - that's part of the appeal for many. They've even diversified away from their Indie/Rock roots and had black hip/rap artists in recent years. To call them out for happening to have these particular artists as headliners in 2023 is people just looking and wanting an opportunity to be offended. There's nothing to be offended by. 

16 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

are gay people or straight people usually being targeted by hatred or dictatorships? if you're not a complete idiot, you know the answer. so your comparison is fucking idiotic. but yes, it's the "woke mob" once again. 

I don't wanna waste another few minutes talking about a pointless cause. Whatever.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Give it time. That, and the misogynistic lyrics (from the 80s!) will no doubt be brought up. I wonder if they'll drop any songs that might get them in hot water.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

So you're basing it on Boris being elected - but not Rishi now being leader? Who isn't very white. And the woman between them. Who wasn't very good. Granted, not elected, but hey, they were there. Conveniently left out of your argument. 

The reality is, as Elon Musk described, the centre is moving further away from what once was centre. And anyone left there is now sadly perceived to be right wing - regardless of their views.

There is a HUGE amount of diversity at Glastonbury, and always has been - that's part of the appeal for many. They've even diversified away from their Indie/Rock roots and had black hip/rap artists in recent years. To call them out for happening to have these particular artists as headliners in 2023 is people just looking and wanting an opportunity to be offended. There's nothing to be offended by. 

Huh? A country voting for a right wing leader means.....they've moved to the right. So yeah, I am saying the UK has moved to the right, as it's voted right wing for 12 years. 

There's not actually an argument- it's a fact the UK has voted Conservative for 12 years. Which is a right wing party. Truss and Sunak are both part of that right wing party, so they're not "conveniently left out of any argument" at all. You know you can be a woman or non-white and still be right wing! 

And hey, I'm not a judge or jury on whether people are offended or not. If they genuinely are, I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for being so. 

I'm not personally offended, but telling people they aren't offended seems fairly dictatorial. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I'm a not-very-white middle-eastern male. Been living abroad most of life and no I don't need to protest to support my ethnicity or skin. Just integrate into society and get a real job and people will respect you instead of spending day and night campaigning about it.

Honestly if no one would tell me about these "all male white men" lineup bullshit, I wouldn't even notice anything. 

If you're gay you're gay. No need to rally on the streets. Or should I rally on the streets in support of being straight?

So you are not one of the offended people, then. 

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

The whole idea of caring about and counting how many blacks and whites are in a band and updating an article based on that is racism at its core.

It's bit weird and overly pedantic, but it's not exactly racist. It's just pointing out facts. 

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Pedantic. Well said. Also having too much time could be a factor.

Yeah bit of that too (says the people on a GNR forum in 2023!) 

Again though, you know, if it really does bother people, and is really an issue for them, then fair enough. 

There's definitely a debate to be had around the issues, from all sides, and I can see why people are asking these questions. 

Edited by allwaystired

What blows my mind is that there is someone out there who wants to complain how white male the headliners are (without doing simple google research on the acts) and then still CHOOSE to spend hundreds of dollars on tickets. 

Regardless, if you listen to music to feel woke, you probably shouldn’t go to a GNR concert. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Huh? A country voting for a right wing leader means.....they've moved to the right. So yeah, I am saying the UK has moved to the right, as it's voted right wing for 12 years. 

There's not actually an argument- it's a fact the UK has voted Conservative for 12 years. Which is a right wing party. Truss and Sunak are both part of that right wing party, so they're not "conveniently left out of any argument" at all. You know you can be a woman or non-white and still be right wing! 

And hey, I'm not a judge or jury on whether people are offended or not. If they genuinely are, I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for being so. 

I'm not personally offended, but telling people they aren't offended seems fairly dictatorial. 

The same people that are supposedly offended by the lack of diversity in the headliners would also take issues that if every person at the top table in the elected party was a white male - and that's supposedly the whole "issue" here. So yeah, Rishi being non-white and Truss being a woman is definitely part of the argument, regardless of their party. Also, let's be fair, the Tories and Labour are pretty central with right and left leaning tendencies, respectively. To describe someone as Right Wing has very specific connotations. Right Wing would be more your BNP and UKIP. The fact you describe the Tories as being Right Wing kinda helps my point tbh.

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah bit of that too (says the people on a GNR forum in 2023!) 

Again though, you know, if it really does bother people, and is really an issue for them, then fair enough. 

There's definitely a debate to be had around the issues, from all sides, and I can see why people are asking these questions. 

I think the issue is, we've had the debates over and over and over again. There isn't an agenda in Glastonbury's line up - I think we have to look at the scenario before anyone jumps to conclusions - hence my view that there is nothing to be offended by. There isn't any sexism, homophobia or racism here. It's Glastonbury - who has embraced diversity since it's birth. It just happens that the headliners are predominately white males this year. Surely rational, reasonable people must see that?

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

What blows my mind is that there is someone out there who wants to complain how white male the headliners are (without doing simple google research on the acts) and then still CHOOSE to spend hundreds of dollars on tickets. 

Regardless, if you listen to music to feel woke, you probably shouldn’t go to a GNR concert. 

To be fair, Glastonbury sells out the moment it goes on sale, with no acts announced, and their lineup is usually nothing like this.....hence the problem I think. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

To be fair, Glastonbury sells out the moment it goes on sale, with no acts announced, and their lineup is usually nothing like this.....hence the problem I think. 

I think that's a good point to be fair - even more so when you consider the audience.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 3