Guns at Glastonbury confirmed

Yeah, all very true. Didn’t consider that. Not from England, didn’t realize how big of a show it was. 

On a lighter note, i wonder if Elton John will come out during gnr’s set (no pun intended) or maybe Axl will join his set. 

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, invisible_rose said:

The same people that are supposedly offended by the lack of diversity in the headliners would also take issues that if every person at the top table in the elected party was a white male - and that's supposedly the whole "issue" here. So yeah, Rishi being non-white and Truss being a woman is definitely part of the argument, regardless of their party. Also, let's be fair, the Tories and Labour are pretty central with right and left leaning tendencies, respectively. To describe someone as Right Wing has very specific connotations. Right Wing would be more your BNP and UKIP. The fact you describe the Tories as being Right Wing kinda helps my point tbh.

I think the issue is, we've had the debates over and over and over again. There isn't an agenda in Glastonbury's line up - I think we have to look at the scenario before anyone jumps to conclusions - hence my view that there is nothing to be offended by. There isn't any sexism, homophobia or racism here. It's Glastonbury - who has embraced diversity since it's birth. It just happens that the headliners are predominately white males this year. Surely rational, reasonable people must see that?

Oh don't get me wrong- I'm not personally offended. 

I'd define the Conservatives as right wing, sure and the others you mention as 'extreme right'. 

All right wing though, and I have zero time for any of them frankly. The day I vote for someone who has spouted the sorts of things Johnson has, is the day I throw myself under the train! 

I think Glastonbury made a rod for their own back with this by making bold statements about diversity and female representation in the past....then they drop this lineup. If it was anywhere else, I doubt the debate would be as big. 

1 minute ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Yeah, all very true. Didn’t consider that. Not from England, didn’t realize how big of a show it was. 

On a lighter note, i wonder if Elton John will come out during gnr’s set (no pun intended) 

Haha, genuinely made me laugh! 

I suppose it depends if he has other gigs. I could see him doing an appearance during November Rain though if he's around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh don't get me wrong- I'm not personally offended. 

I'd define the Conservatives as right wing, sure and the others you mention as 'extreme right'. 

All right wing though, and I have zero time for any of them frankly. The day I vote for someone who has spouted the sorts of things Johnson has, is the day I throw myself under the train! 

I think Glastonbury made a rod for their own back with this by making bold statements about diversity and female representation in the past....then they drop this lineup. If it was anywhere else, I doubt the debate would be as big. 

Haha, genuinely made me laugh! 

I suppose it depends if he has other gigs. I could see him doing an appearance during November Rain though if he's around. 

I agreed with the underlined. And you make a very good point about the audience. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on labelling of certain parties. But that's cool. 

I don't really have time for any politicians. They're all narcissistic sociopaths - it's just to varying degrees. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

On a lighter note, i wonder if Elton John will come out during gnr’s set (no pun intended) or maybe Axl will join his set. 

It's a huge show. And has a huge media coverage and focus on headliners almost to the point of being a political statement. As mentioned above, Glastonbury has always made a point of being liberal and has made a big effort in recent years to promote black and female artists. 

It would be nice for Axl to stick around and do a bit with Elton, or vice versa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

I agreed with the underlined. And you make a very good point about the audience. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on labelling of certain parties. But that's cool. 

I don't really have time for any politicians. They're all narcissistic sociopaths - it's just to varying degrees. 

Oh yeah, that's cool. I can get strong views on my politics, so you're probably right about the labelling! Haha! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I so hope Axl is firing on all cylinders for this, please. 

Also will probably need to lean out the setlist a bit. 

Is Lizzo on before them? 

Yeah Lizzo on first. 

I think they'll get a full set to be honest. McCartney played for what felt like hours last year! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah Lizzo on first. 

I think they'll get a full set to be honest. McCartney played for what felt like hours last year! 

Interesting order of acts, think a lot of people who see Lizzo will go to another stage afterwards. Though she did sing Rammstein the other day so maybe there’s more crossover than I thought. Think Royal blood into GNR would make way more sense. 

True on duration, i just think the crowd will be comatose during large parts of the set. 

At least Reading 2010 Axl was a vocal beast, and that was still pretty poorly received. 

Will be cool to see who they pull up on stage, might see pink or dave grohl. Ideally we’ll see Angus as acdc would be well received and they may not get to play the festival now. 

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

So you're basing it on Boris being elected - but not Rishi now being leader? Who isn't very white. And the woman between them. Who wasn't very good. Granted, not elected, but hey, they were there. Conveniently left out of your argument. 

The reality is, as Elon Musk described, the centre is moving further away from what once was centre. And anyone left there is now sadly perceived to be right wing - regardless of their views.

There is a HUGE amount of diversity at Glastonbury, and always has been - that's part of the appeal for many. They've even diversified away from their Indie/Rock roots and had black hip/rap artists in recent years. To call them out for happening to have these particular artists as headliners in 2023 is people just looking and wanting an opportunity to be offended. There's nothing to be offended by. 

100%

I doubt their professionalism to even make it a headline in the first place. Who gives a fuck if they are all white ? Or all black?

Headliners are surely chosen to make the best show possible at that moment in time. When we start choosing to create equality of outcome for the sake of it then we’re all fucked 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I'd love for them to reprise their old duet routine of November Rain or Bohemian Rhapsody.

Probably not gonna happen. They are playing on different nights, and both acts will probably helicopter right out of Glasto once they are done.

Unless Elton treats himself to a weekend of camping (pun intended!)

50 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I think in the little professionalism of these journalists, that not know that GNR has two non-withe members.

Some journalists will quickly jump on anything that will get the articles more clicks or views. They were probably so happy they thought they had found something they could cause uproar and anger with the “woke” people… only to be proved wrong and shown up over their lack of knowledge, research and unprofessional. Not only do they have two non white members but they also have a female member.. 🤣 All white male lineup my ass! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm pretty surprised the OIAM thing hasn't been mentioned in the press yet

It can’t be long until someone like the independent posts about it. 

Remember when everyone was outraged that The Prodigy were playing so high up at Glastonbury because of Smack My Bitch Up :lol: and the petition against Metallica because of James Hetfield hunting bears, so can’t be long until the media starts on GnR lyrics. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It can’t be long until someone like the independent posts about it. 

Remember when everyone was outraged that The Prodigy were playing so high up at Glastonbury because of Smack My Bitch Up :lol: and the petition against Metallica because of James Hetfield hunting bears, so can’t be long until the media starts on GnR lyrics. 

Removing it from the re-release of AFD was smart 

19 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Removing it from the re-release of AFD was smart 

I wish that in return for that, they included the early CD-era re-recorded AFD. At the very least, as MP3s on that goofy flash drive.