Guns at Glastonbury confirmed

14 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

It was a different world back then… and they (the band) were completely different people back then. I completely agree they got their fare share of criticism back then and backlash over OIAM and rightfully so, lyrically it’s completely unacceptable. What I’m saying is 30+ years later they still gotta be an easy target for a new age “woke” crowd? I also never insinuated people were apes back then, just want to make that clear 😅

Were you around back in the late 80s?

19 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

In a perfect world woke people wouldn't even exist, GNR will sound amazing, there'll be new material, everyone will have a great time. This is what I'd prefer.

Otherwise bring on the raincoats, the cringe, the woke mental midgets getting offended. May as well get a laugh out of it than be in denial or rock back and forth in the fetal position.

funny bc this might be the cringiest post i've ever seen here

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Well then you can’t comment. Dont explain to someone who was there what things were like “back then” You can ask what they were like instead.

But I have asked? I’ve been told by numerous friends, family members who experienced the 80’s. So they’re all lying? Also YouTube is a great source of history with videos from the last 10 decades(ish) that’s all lies too? 
I can comment and I will comment. If you don’t like what I said you don’t need to reply 

Edited by D4NNY

43 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

But I have asked? I’ve been told by numerous friends, family members who experienced the 80’s. So they’re all lying? Also YouTube is a great source of history with videos from the last 10 decades(ish) that’s all lies too? 
I can comment and I will comment. If you don’t like what I said you don’t need to reply 

Ok my friend, continue to tell us about a time you didn’t live through and some of us did. I’m sure you know more than us that were there…..

I’m telling you there was a lot of backlash to them in the 80s. Much as they were loved, there were also questions of misogyny, racism & homophobia. If you want to rewrite history for a decade you didn’t live through, off your go. 

Just now, Powderfinger said:

Ok my friend, continue to tell us about a time you didn’t live through and some of us did. I’m sure you know more than us that were there…..

I’m telling you there was a lot of backlash to them in the 80s. Much as they were loved, there were also questions of misogyny, racism & homophobia. If you want to rewrite history for a decade you didn’t live through, off your go. 

I literally agreed with you on that?! 😂 You’re so negative about my comment that you’re clearly just reading between the lines and choosing argument over discussion. That’s fine man, sorry my comment rubbed you the wrong way. I’ll only discuss GNR 2004 onwards because I wasn’t a fan before then so I can’t/shouldn’t have a say or any knowledge.

• Haha 2

This is just a general comment. Not pointed at any specific person.

It's very interesting to see some new people who have joined this forum after 2016, to argue over stupid stuff and claim they're the most loyal fans to Axl and they say people shouldn't comment or say negative stuff about Axl.

Where were you in NewGnr era to show your loyalty to your beloved Axl? as far as I remember these people were not even approaching online forums.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh no, Karen doesn't like my syntax! :lol:

What's your issue with the use of the universally understood term "woke"? I'll hear you out.

Let me answer your question with a question - what in your view does "woke" mean specially?  If it is universally understood, hopefully your definition doesn't delve into the rather reductive and boogie man type of rhetoric that those on the rather right wing side of things use it as, regardless if you are right wing or not :)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Where were you in NewGnr era to show your loyalty to your beloved Axl? 

i was going to their live shows, how about you?

Also i haven't seen anyone on this forum yet saying you can't say anything negative about axl. Where's that coming from?

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i was going to their live shows, how about you?

Also i haven't seen anyone on this forum yet saying you can't say anything negative about axl. Where's that coming from?

1. You really remind me of my neighbour's dog. Barking everytimes someone's passing by his house. You don't really have to respond to each and every comment by people unless you're paid by the forum to do so.

2. Under 16s were not allowed in GNR concerts in 2006 and 2009 unless accompanied by parents. So I'm surprised you could go to GNR concert by yourself back in time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

1. You really remind me of my neighbour's dog. Barking everytimes someone's passing by his house. You don't really have to respond to each and every comment by people unless you're paid by the forum to do so.

2. Under 16s were not allowed in GNR concerts in 2006 and 2009 unless accompanied by parents. So I'm surprised you could go to GNR concert by yourself back in time.

I was 15 at my first new guns show in Birmingham, UK 2006, one of the best experiences of my life 😎 

image.gif.2cf43cf825b690845b2599f184a57891.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

ouch, that hurt my feelings :wacko:

i can do you one better: while you think the CD-era is the best thing ever, i got to witness the real GNR during the illusion tour. :kiss:

15 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

ouch, that hurt my feelings :wacko:

i can do you one better: while you think the CD-era is the best thing ever, i got to witness the real GNR during the illusion tour. :kiss:

Dude, I was at the troubadour having a beer with Ole Beich after Tracii and Axl killed it on stage. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh no, Karen doesn't like my syntax! :lol:

What's your issue with the use of the universally understood term "woke"? I'll hear you out.

It's probably your lack of understanding of its meaning. It's a shame and weird that 'decent, good human' became the term woke, and then its even weirder that the right wing decided to jump on a term and abuse people that basically means 'decent, good human' So every time you use the word work just replace it with 'decent, good human' for example

'In a perfect world, decent, good humans wouldnt exist.' is what you just wrote. 

Just because it's been hijacked by a minority of far left extremists who want everyone to be vegan, pan sexual and living off the phat of the land, does not mean it's basic meaning is not still 'decent, good human'. and the right wings use of the term sums up the IQ in the right wing on humanity.

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1