Guns at Glastonbury confirmed

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

No. There's no lack of understanding on my part. What you claim I wrote, is totally moot and simply does not matter because I've already bothered to clarify and explain things.

Hellbent on not listening? Well, I'm backing myself quite comfortably. There's fuckall people calling me out and disagreeing with me. As I said if enough people come out of the woodwork disagreeing with me I'll back down on this debate regarding the definition of the word "woke" and I'll even piss off and leave the forum if that's what's wanted. I'm waiting Mr IQ Man haha.

Something something 'Glastonbury' :lol: Seriously though I'm fucking trouncing you guys. Probably best to leave it there.

You sound like Trump. Get proven wrong so just double down and tell everyone you are trouncing them. Whilst pretending to be left wing :lol: come on Donald, talk us through your tanning lotion. 

Your definition of the word 'woke' is just the far right hijacked made up version of the word though. So you have been corrected and told the actual meaning, chosen to ignore it and continued with your version of it. So there is no debate to be had. I could tell you the sky is blue but if you think its green, you think its green. Fair enough though, if you're going to be wrong at least you are wrong with unwavering conviction. Make America Great Again!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Except I haven't been proven wrong lol.

Your post is so fucking stupid. I'll just say this: As I already said I would've voted Bernie. Also, I hate Trump and think he's an absolute scumbag and would be stoked if he went to prison, sadly that probably won't ever happen though.

Anyway move it the other thread now if you want.

You're listed as living in new zealand and bernie wanst even up for election so is a pointless statement. I mentioned right wing IQ being low and you specifically  took offence to that comment. You're not fooling anyone. no one left has a paragraph worth of derogatory terms for 'woke' 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2

I don't know how some of you get the energy to argue a lot here. We are all GN'R fans, we have different walks of life. Why need to be passive aggressive towards others who don't share the same views? Most of us are set in our ways and that is fine, so just discuss and respect without attacking. But if this ever changing world in which we're living, making you give in and cry... oh well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I don't know how some of you get the energy to argue a lot here. We are all GN'R fans, we have different walks of life. Why need to be passive aggressive towards others who don't share the same views? Most of us are set in our ways and that is fine, so just discuss and respect without attacking. But if this ever changing world in which we're living, making you give in and cry... oh well...

That statement is so woke!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm a Kiwi who voted twice for Jacinda Ardern and I stated 'if' I were American I would've voted for Bernie.

I thought I was supposed to be the one beside themselves with rage? Lol.

Who is besides themselves with rage? You seem to be the angriest one here :lol: is it because Brendan McCullum is coaching England? That I can understand. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I think some of these people just can't wait for GNR to be ripped on because of their own hatred towards the band. Which is a real pathetic state of mind.

Well, yes and no.  Yes, some people's default position is always set to shit on GNR.

But there are some legitimate and longstanding criticisms.  I personally don't see me attending a GNR show this year if it's essentially the same show they've been touring for the last six or seven years and/or Axl's vocals don't improve (dramatically).  But that's just me personally.  Others might not care about those factors, attend the show, and have a great time.  Hats off to them!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Well, yes and no.  Yes, some people's default position is always set to shit on GNR.

But there are some legitimate and longstanding criticisms.  I personally don't see me attending a GNR show this year if it's essentially the same show they've been touring for the last six or seven years and/or Axl's vocals don't improve (dramatically).  But that's just me personally.  Others might not care about those factors, attend the show, and have a great time.  Hats off to them!

I think the reception this particular show gets will be interesting though. I don't mean all the criticism on the run up to it but actually musically on the day itself.

From what I can gather this won't be an audience of self selecting GNR fans or even necessarily rock/metal fans. Tickets are sold well in advance of lineup announcements and there isn't much of a secondary ticket market (I'm assuming resale is very expensive).

Guns do have an opportunity here to put something together that at a minimum pleasantly surprises a less than receptive audience. Will they rise to the challenge? I am quite curious as to what direction they go with re set list, surprise guests and general effort.

It has to be a possibility that they somewhat knock it out of the park, right?

We saw something similar with AXL/DC when he had something to prove. I don't know if this falls into the 'something to prove' category for any of them? I feel like it should as it's taken them decades to play there but maybe it's just another festival slot to them?

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think the reception this particular show gets will be interesting though. I don't mean all the criticism on the run up to it but actually musically on the day itself.

From what I can gather this won't be an audience of self selecting GNR fans or even necessarily rock/metal fans. Tickets are sold well in advance of lineup announcements and there isn't much of a secondary ticket market (I'm assuming resale is very expensive).

Guns do have an opportunity here to put something together that at a minimum pleasantly surprises a less than receptive audience. Will they rise to the challenge? I am quite curious as to what direction they go with re set list, surprise guests and general effort.

It has to be a possibility that they somewhat knock it out of the park, right?

We saw something similar with AXL/DC when he had something to prove. I don't know if this falls into the 'something to prove' category for any of them? I feel like it should as it's taken them decades to play there but maybe it's just another festival slot to them?

Definitely will be an interesting day when they play! I actually can’t wait for it, a lot of anticipation. I have hopes and believe that it will be a successful evening for them and majority of fans and the audience will be pleased. The pressure (if any) may help them in ways we’ve hoped for a long time (set list change, a bit more power in the vocals etc)… but this is Guns so you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Eltom makes an appearence with gnr or vice versa

Let me edit that . I mean Elton.....I'm not sure who Eltom is

Edited by Shacklermyrye

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Great. Vic Reeves Club Singer combined with Mickey Mouse.

It’ll be an all time great. 😂

16 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I literally agreed with you on that?! 😂 You’re so negative about my comment that you’re clearly just reading between the lines and choosing argument over discussion. That’s fine man, sorry my comment rubbed you the wrong way. I’ll only discuss GNR 2004 onwards because I wasn’t a fan before then so I can’t/shouldn’t have a say or any knowledge.

If you're a "new" fan you need an passport....:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

Where do I apply? 🤣

Fucking Nightrain actually offered Passports with memberships a while ago. I still have one of these lying around. People can actually go to the shows and have them stamped by Jarmo. It's as useful as tits on a nun. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Fucking Nightrain actually offered Passports with memberships a while ago. I still have one of these lying around. People can actually go to the shows and have them stamped by Jarmo. It's as useful as tits on a nun. 

That is actually ridiculous 😂 How do TB even come up with this stuff?

on second thoughts… I kinda get it… like you yourself have been to a ton of different shows, if someone was to be the type of fan and travel a lot and watch them in different countries I can imagine having a “passport” to stamp various locations and have a validation of that, it is gimmicky but I get it 🙂

Edited by D4NNY

11 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

That is actually ridiculous 😂 How do TB even come up with this stuff?

on second thoughts… I kinda get it… like you yourself have been to a ton of different shows, if someone was to be the type of fan and travel a lot and watch them in different countries I can imagine having a “passport” to stamp various locations and have a validation of that, it is gimmicky but I get it 🙂

oh they come up with stuff alright. they have merchandise for their airplane and a children's book about fernando's kids. they never run out of stupid ideas

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Don’t know if this article has been shared yet but my god! Absolutely brutal and the tweets they have listed are so misinformed and overly harsh

https://www.indy100.com/amp/glastonbury-2023-headliners-reactions-memes-2659499988-2659499988

This idiot here refers to himself as a "sarah michelle gellar enthusiast". no need to say more

image.png.bc43691737db0bc385e8c6d84f2865c8.png

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

This idiot here refers to himself as a "sarah michelle gellar enthusiast". no need to say more

image.png.bc43691737db0bc385e8c6d84f2865c8.png

I can’t really fault him with that… Buffy was, is and will always be badass haha

• Like 1

Guns get on stage and the screens show a black drummer and a blue haired woman jumping around keys.. the crowd goes wild. Frank deputes his drum solo and faces melt "a black man can do that"! Unforgettable night for the woke crowd. Rest of the people at home watch the show on BBC and enjoy it!