Guns at Glastonbury confirmed

I don't understand why people are that put out. There is a section of the music industry that operates in a very different world then what we are use to. 

Glastonbury like many festivals today, the music is the secondary element compared to attention seeking via an artists performance or the people attending via soical media attention. 

I went to Glastonbury last year and found it to be a very different vibe compared to when I went in the late 90s when the music was at the forefront of wanting to attend Glastonbury. 

I can remember being in a giant mosh pit in 99 when Fun Lovin Criminals were playing scobby snacks.. 

It was an insane experience and something I remember to this day.. 

I don't expect people to have that experience today as its all about how many followers you have or what you can tweet about that creates attention for yourself. 

I would not worry about what other people think about our favorite band appearing at Glastonbury, its attention seeking for them and thats all it's about... 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I can’t really fault him with that… Buffy was, is and will always be badass haha

Best dam show ever made. Angel close second

Would be awesome if Axl did something weird like 2am secret DJ set. Sounds like a random ‘no chance’ scenario but Glastonbury has cool stuff going on 24/7, and the big man is prone to surprising us. 

for anyone debating glasto/Hyde park, I’d say do glasto - Hyde park requires golden circle to get anywhere near the front of the stage, and at that point you’ve already spent around/over £300. Throw in the extra bucks and go to glasto!

Edited by Billy Cundy

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Would be awesome if Axl did something weird like 2am secret DJ set. Sounds like a random ‘no chance’ scenario but Glastonbury has cool stuff going on 24/7, and the big man is prone to surprising us. 

for anyone debating glasto/Hyde park, I’d say do glasto - Hyde park requires golden circle to get anywhere near the front of the stage, and at that point you’ve already spent around/over £300. Throw in the extra bucks and go to glasto!

That option isn't there as Glastonbury sells out the moment it goes on sale, long before the lineup. 

I think we're well into the realms of lunatic fantasy if we're even suggesting Axl might do a DJ set! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/21602379/live-aid-ukraine-war-wembley-stadium/amp/

This is going to be happening the same night GnR play. 

I bet a lot more people watch this rather than Glastonbury. 

Definitely. I can see this getting shown on TV over Glastonbury actually. It'll be a WAY bigger deal if that lineup happens and no-one will want to watch Glastonbury that night. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

DJ Set?! Axl isn’t David Bowie at the Phoenix Festival, nowhere near as cool. I remember when he did that, the drama and the noise about it. The closest Axl gets to a DJ set is…well, Ashba the Disaster.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That option isn't there as Glastonbury sells out the moment it goes on sale, long before the lineup. 

I think we're well into the realms of lunatic fantasy if we're even suggesting Axl might do a DJ set! 

I’m on high doses of mescaline 😊

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Definitely. I can see this getting shown on TV over Glastonbury actually. It'll be a WAY bigger deal if that lineup happens and no-one will want to watch Glastonbury that night. 

The less people watching Glastonbury that night the better for us UK GnR fans :)  

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

Pink is already playing a show that day. The organisers are just throwing around names like U2, Adele and The Rolling Stones without actually getting them to sign up and having it on the same day as Glastonbury is amateurish planning.

Plus the same organisers already did one of these last year. It was no Live Aid…

Edited by Stress Fracture

4 hours ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

DJ Set?! Axl isn’t David Bowie at the Phoenix Festival, nowhere near as cool. I remember when he did that, the drama and the noise about it. The closest Axl gets to a DJ set is…well, Ashba the Disaster.

Oh I don’t know, at this stage I’d rather listen to an hour or two of Tommy ‘The Nightmare’ Smith than watch Guns lumber through the same old set again. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I reckon BBC2 & BBC3 will get Glasto as per. ITV/Ch4, or perhaps even BBC1 might show the Ukraine gig.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

The big man is prone to surprising us.... Outside of the looney tunes episode, AC/DC and being generous the two singles...when has Axl surprised us? in recent years

• Like 1

Anyone here going to Glastonbury? I believe the tickets sold out within hours of going on sale. By the sounds of things, people need to jump thru quite a few hoops in order to buy a resale ticket.

Anyway, I’ve decided to go to Hyde Park, but can’t decide between the golden circle and diamond vip. Anyone help me out making a decision? I’ve never been to Hyde Park. 

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone here going to Glastonbury? I believe the tickets sold out within hours of going on sale. By the sounds of things, people need to jump thru quite a few hoops in order to buy a resale ticket.

Anyway, I’ve decided to go to Hyde Park, but can’t decide between the golden circle and diamond vip. Anyone help me out making a decision? I’ve never been to Hyde Park. 

Lovely place but as it’s bang central London there are noise restrictions so don’t expect your ears to be blown off

4 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Hyde park is awesome and the sound is always brilliant but golden circle is a must. Have been a few times and it’s grown over the years. Last year went to see the eagles and didn’t have golden circle; was right at the front at the barrier of general admission and still disappointingly miles away from the band. Always a decent gig tho! Bang in the middle of Londz too

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, adamsapple said:

"all white all male headliners" - WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT!

As if they need to offer an excuse for booking white male musicians!

GNR has a female member right there on stage. Perhaps Melissa is not black enough for them and both Slash and Frank are not female enough to be counting as "worthy" by Glastonbury standards? Biggest pile of political bullshit ever coming a festival not poor of political bullshit.

Axl should open with One In A Million and have Elton join in on piano - just because.

What do they want at Glastonbury - good music or the "right" boxes ticked with a transgender gay black "person" performing communist anthems on a broomstick made of eco friendly unicorn ivory? God I hate fucking England.

It's not just England, it's the occidental world in general. You often don't hire people because of their skills but because of whatever fits the smarter than me agenda. That's why most movies & tv shows are mediocre nowadays. Wrong cast, wrong director, wrong characters, wrong everything so it will please some very vocal extremists on Twitter & in the media. Most artists shut up about it because they're afraid of being canceled. This world reminds me of an old South Park episode where there's a drawing with a hanged man.

It's not that big of a deal anyway because most women are still the same, the world is still the same, nothing's really changed. You can't go against nature. It just sucks for culture, it's also disappointing that most artists I admired are acting like cowards and have no balls, but we're lucky to have access to everything that's been released until now from past decades so easily. It's great to watch old movies from the 50's, 60's, 70's, listening to all those great musics from those eras. This decade has been disappointing but I'm sure it will get better at some point.

This smarter than me mentality will disappear eventually, it's just utter nonsense and laughable. It's great Guns are headlining Glastonbury, it also shows most modern artists haven't had an impact similar to Guns, I hope it motivates artists to produce better music.

• Like 3