Axl guest appearance at Carrie Underwood show!

I never heard of Carrie before this whole Axl/Guns thing (when was it the first time, 2022?), but she sounds good, and also, she’s doing a good job bringing this older music to younger generations. 
All things considered, Axl wasn’t bad either. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 7:51 PM, mystery said:

Biggest news in this thread is Carrie Underwood turning 40, I thought she was 5 or 6 years younger.

Comparably big news: Carrie Underwood is her maiden name, and she still uses it professionally. Legally, though, she did change her name when she married Predators star Mike Fisher. So her actual legal name...

Princess Leia - Wikipedia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 3

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Yes he does. You don't give yourself much choice. There's a difference

Well, he did sing his own song. Not sure what kind of chameleon that would be.

Maybe the phrase I was actually thinking of was,"Axl can get along with different Genres and different musical styles. 😀🤘

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

Axl has a cooler sense of fashion when he's playing with other people than in his own band

It's the "Dress wild in your house, but dress GOOD when visiting other People's houses," thing. 😏

Edited by Karice
  • Like 3

No better or worse than what he did at the latest gnr shows, but his hair looks better of should we keep that for the appearance thread?😉

Just now, Tom2112 said:

No better or worse than what he did at the latest gnr shows, but his hair looks better of should we keep that for the appearance thread?😉

Band sounds better though

13 minutes ago, mystery said:

The same kind of applies when he went harder vocally with AC/DC and seemed more inspired with those guys.

Yep, it's been said multiple times that Axl sounded better with AC/DC than his own Band, Guns N'Roses, and once again, it's the "Same as it ever was," thing. Axl's gotten way too comfortable with Guns N'Roses and is kind of coasting, playing it sage,  playing with his laurels (He's not resting on his laurels, he's playing with them). But when given the chance to really prove himself 100 percent, as with covering another Band's Member, he completely brought it 100 percent. He isn't playing with his laurels when he has to cover another Band's Member, so he brought it 100 percent . 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I guess I'm just not hearing the "good" here.

The bar for "good" must be extremely low.

Of course it's low. He's an older guy who sings in a way that can't be good for you.

He'll never sound like he did in the '80s, but compared to recent years, yes he was indeed good here

Edited by DoMw94

16 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Of course it's low. He's an older guy who sings in a way that can't be good for you.

He'll never sound like he did in the '80s, but compared to recent years, yes he was indeed good here

People would gladly take how he sounded in 2016-17 but it feels like that vanished and isn't coming back.