Axl guest appearance at Carrie Underwood show!

12 minutes ago, vloors said:

You are wrong with that one. He has had plenty of hits, sales and fans after the rihanna incident. Do some research.

A quick wiki snip for u even

In 2009, Brown pled guilty to felony assault of his then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna.[12] In the same year, he released his third album, Graffiti, which was considered to be a commercial failure compared to his previous works.[13] Following Graffiti, Brown released his fourth album F.A.M.E. (2011), which became his first album to top the Billboard 200. The album contained the commercially successful singles: "Yeah 3x", "Look at Me Now" and "Beautiful People", and earned him the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album.[14][15] His fifth album, Fortune, released in 2012, also topped the Billboard 200.

Following the releases of X (2014) and Royalty (2015), his 2017 double-disc album, Heartbreak on a Full Moon, consisting of 45 tracks, was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for combined sales and album-equivalent units of over 500,000 units after one week, and was later certified Double Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America

Pretty sure he's just announced a new tour too, including a full UK tour and two nights at the O2. Seems he still has fans somewhere. 

14 minutes ago, vloors said:

You are wrong with that one. He has had plenty of hits, sales and fans after the rihanna incident. Do some research.

A quick wiki snip for u even

In 2009, Brown pled guilty to felony assault of his then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna.[12] In the same year, he released his third album, Graffiti, which was considered to be a commercial failure compared to his previous works.[13] Following Graffiti, Brown released his fourth album F.A.M.E. (2011), which became his first album to top the Billboard 200. The album contained the commercially successful singles: "Yeah 3x", "Look at Me Now" and "Beautiful People", and earned him the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album.[14][15] His fifth album, Fortune, released in 2012, also topped the Billboard 200.

Following the releases of X (2014) and Royalty (2015), his 2017 double-disc album, Heartbreak on a Full Moon, consisting of 45 tracks, was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for combined sales and album-equivalent units of over 500,000 units after one week, and was later certified Double Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America

Thank you for that. I don't follow Chris Brown, so to the best of my knowledge, his Career was OVER after he beat up Rihanna. His Career was better than I thought. 

all in all I think it was a pretty good performance, using his lower register to sing allows him to have more power, it's much more satisfying than the nasal falsetto we get to used to in the last years, and it gives him some space to use some raspy compression from time to time, which is great too. this should be encouraged and not mocked or denigrated. 

• Like 3

On 3/14/2023 at 9:50 PM, DeNfr said:

this must stop

k2cojsY.jpg

m7uOzq8.png

do you people reckon those large white splotches on his boots are skulls? ha, those shoes might be custome-made/modiified to axl's taste! (unless there's someone out there who can identify these exact boots made for the general consumer). i guess he might be into wearing heeled boots now. though axl said he had weak ankles at one point, i wonder if the heels get annoying. too bad the rest of the boots are hidden by those pants, we can't see the rest of the design. long boots under skinny pants, wouldn't that feel a bit stuffy?

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

He briefly used his low voice on some phrases during the verses and it sounded great - Wish he would sing this and many other songs in that voice all the time - Would be a game changer in his final years of performing 

I don’t think that voice is “low” or “baritone” as I’ve seen a few people comment here.
In my opinion, It’s the same chest voice that he uses on Patience outro and Chinese choruses.

3 hours ago, Karice said:

Thank you for that. I don't follow Chris Brown, so to the best of my knowledge, his Career was OVER after he beat up Rihanna. His Career was better than I thought. 

Chris Brown surprisingly recovered but he still apparently assaults women. Axl could've easily been that guy but he eventually grew up. 

8 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Also a cooler sense of sounding good at all :p

Could Axl go through a whole concert singing well if you just put random pop stars as guest singers? Who wouldn't want to see Axl and Harry Styles on My Michelle or Axl and the Weeknd on Coma?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mystery said:

Its a monkey's paw wish of Axl sounding like he did in 1987 but needing to have Avril Lavigne and Rihanna as guest stars.

I would pay double current tour prices to see Axl perform with Rihanna and do the full Suberbowl Halftime choreography. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

It’s a monkey's paw wish of Axl sounding like he did in 1987 but needing to have Avril Lavigne and Rihanna as guest stars.

Hahaha! 

I’d take that. In fairness at least Avril and Rihanna are bigger names.

*cue angry Carrie Underwood supporters having a go at me because she’s americas 3rd blondest country singer of all time and has outsold the Dixie chicks in 80% of 50% of the deep south*

I'm British, never heard a song. Not gonna suddenly be a fan of her just cause daddy’s being wheeled out to sing jungle 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3