What old songs they haven't played in a while would you like to hear the most for the upcoming tour?

51 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Rocket Queen (unbastardised version without a bollocks extended jam in the middle)

Yeah, that’s become a bit annoying.  I used to like the Myles Kennedy/Conspirators live versions, but can’t listen to them now as the solo just drains my life. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Yeah, that’s become a bit annoying.  I used to like the Myles Kennedy/Conspirators live versions, but can’t listen to them now as the solo just drains my life. 

My first ever concert was SMKC and they played Rocket Queen that night with a 25 minute jam (yes, seriously!) in the middle of it. Give me the current Guns version over that any day! 😂

Think About You and Anything Goes from Appetite. 

Mama Kin, Move To The City and Used To Love Her from Lies.

You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession and Back Off Bitch from Illusion 1.

I'd love to hear them play Shotgun Blues and So Fine (with Axl) from Illusion 2.

I'd love to hear anything from Spaghetti live. But I'd pick Since I Don't Have You, Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Buick McKane (Big Dumb Sex), or Hair Of The Dog.

Shackler's Revenge and If The World from Chinese.

Oh and even if they just teased the start of Cornshucker that'd be brilliant 😁.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

My first ever concert was SMKC and they played Rocket Queen that night with a 25 minute jam (yes, seriously!) in the middle of it. Give me the current Guns version over that any day! 😂

I thought the 9 minute one was pushing it 🤣🤣.  I love Slash, but he does like to go off on one.  One of my favourite Slash incidents is the one when he’s doing just that with Michael Jackson and he tries to stop him then calls security.  Slash just boots them away and carries on   Bloody marvellous. And that was only 90 seconds  

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw Duff play that when he opened for Axl in 2011, and it was awesome. Not sure how good it would sound now, but I'd like to hear Axl and Duff share vocals on that, So Fine, You Ain't The First, or Raw Power. 

It’s just a great track by the band. Izzy was a really cool songwriter. Strong lyric with a great feel - it’s quite unlike a lot of their other stuff. 

Another showcase for slash’ talkbox too. 

• Like 1

Get in the Ring and Back Off Bitch. I believe their reason for not playing these in the old days was because it would get the crowd too worked up. Now that most of the fans are late 30's and older, I don't think they have as much to worry about. Out Ta Get Me is always a great performance and these would have the same kind of energy.

I'd also like them to let Dizzy play Crestfallen like they used to have Tommy play Motivation. That song is fucking epic and should work well live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justynius said:

Get in the Ring and Back Off Bitch. I believe their reason for not playing these in the old days was because it would get the crowd too worked up. 

Doubtful 

They weren’t played because Get In The Ring is just a throwaway joke song, and Back Off Bitch is a juvenile rant from the Hollywood Rose days that none of them really rated or wanted to play after 1987. Both just UYI filler tracks.

1 hour ago, justynius said:

I'd also like them to let Dizzy play Crestfallen like they used to have Tommy play Motivation. That song is fucking epic and should work well live.

Hadn't heard it until I read your comment. I agree.

Plus I think Dizzy deserves to be a bit more than 'just' one of the back line, if only for his commitment and longevity. Since the return of Slash and Duff he's (figuratively) disappeared behind Fortus – even Melissa and Frank in some cases.

Giving him a solo spot would be pretty neat

• Like 1

Pretty Tied Up would be cool, watching the UYI Ritz Bluray I forgot how much of a glow-up it gets live compared to the studio version.  And I think Axl could vocally take it on because a decent chunk of it is the lower register

• Like 1

Like most of you I want to hear Pretty tied up and Bad obsession, but also Think about You and Anything goes just for the sake of having whole appetite seen live! One other big desire is Locomotive 

57 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Hadn't heard it until I read your comment. I agree.

Plus I think Dizzy deserves to be a bit more than 'just' one of the back line, if only for his commitment and longevity. Since the return of Slash and Duff he's (figuratively) disappeared behind Fortus – even Melissa and Frank in some cases.

Giving him a solo spot would be pretty neat

Yeeeh give him another upfront piano solo spot, I'd love that

• Like 1