What old songs they haven't played in a while would you like to hear the most for the upcoming tour?

5 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Like most of you I want to hear Pretty tied up and Bad obsession, but also Think about You and Anything goes just for the sake of having whole appetite seen live! One other big desire is Locomotive 

Yeeeh give him another upfront piano solo spot, I'd love that

Anything Goes is an odd one as its on their biggest album but hasn't been performed since 1988. If you were a young 20 something the last time they performed it you're now in your 50's.

Think About You is also a rarity that had a 14 year gap from 1987-2001 in being performed. It was played from 2001-02 and 2006 but hasn't been played since.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I agree Dizzy deserves a solo spot. He's paid his dues. This Don't Look Like Vegas from his solo album has a very GN'R feel and would work great.

Is that the musical equivalent of the ‘100% attendance’ certificate the dull kid in school gets at the end of the year? 

I suppose if dizzy did have a solo spot it’d be a great opportunity to go for a pee, grab a drink and check your instagram.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

I suppose if dizzy did have a solo spot it’d be a great opportunity to go for a pee, grab a drink and check your instagram.

Fair enough, but I'd take Dizzy playing some Bowie or Led Zep for 5 minutes over a 40 minute long Rocket Queen jam any day.

Wait 'til you have Axl screaming at you for three hours straight (I hope he gets back in that shape), some nice little piano solo will be a welcome breather then. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

+1 for Dizzy solo spot, always enjoyed his solos on the CD tour.

Same for Richard's solos back then, his take on the James Bond theme was pretty cool.

Vetoed if there's still a 10 minute slash solo spot. But yes dizzys little spotlight was fun

Why does any member need a solo spot? Especially Slash who has a solo spot in EVERY song.

Richards solo spots were definitely more interesting though, because they were framed in songs. I always go back to the 2012 solo spot he took, which was excellent because there was a cool song underneath it.

6 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Is that the musical equivalent of the ‘100% attendance’ certificate the dull kid in school gets at the end of the year? 

The dull kid? I'd listen to Dizzy's Rock N Roll Ain't Easy album over anything recent from Slash n Myles. I'd prefer a Dizzy solo spot than another twenty minute Rocket Queen and Knocking On Heavens Door. And with all the covers they do they could easily shed one for a Dizzy spot.

Yeah the guy has paid his dues. He didn't take the place of any original band member. Just added on keys to expand the bands sound which he does. He's been there longer than anyone except Axl himself. And he must have the patience of a saint to have stuck it out with all Axl's shit all this time.

So yeah give the guy his one song solo spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

The dull kid? I'd listen to Dizzy's Rock N Roll Ain't Easy album over anything recent from Slash n Myles. I'd prefer a Dizzy solo spot than another twenty minute Rocket Queen and Knocking On Heavens Door. And with all the covers they do they could easily shed one for a Dizzy spot.

Yeah the guy has paid his dues. He didn't take the place of any original band member. Just added on keys to expand the bands sound which he does. He's been there longer than anyone except Axl himself. And he must have the patience of a saint to have stuck it out with all Axl's shit all this time.

So yeah give the guy his one song solo spot.

By ‘stick it out’, do you mean continue to toady to the guy who pays your rent because you’d be a playing in bars without him? 

Anyway, he gets his big moment… his fierce bongo contribution on Rocket Queen. 

• Haha 1

I've come to the conclusion PTU is never coming back. Is this year 7 now post reunion? I've lost track but I feel like anything that's not made an appearance by now most likely just won't. Maybe there will be one or two exceptions to that but they don't have a huge back catalogue and some they just won't ever play live again.

15 hours ago, mystery said:

Anything Goes is an odd one as its on their biggest album but hasn't been performed since 1988. If you were a young 20 something the last time they performed it you're now in your 50's.

Think About You is also a rarity that had a 14 year gap from 1987-2001 in being performed. It was played from 2001-02 and 2006 but hasn't been played since.

Yep I know, that's why I would love it so much, how great is it if you could say that you at least saw one entire album of the mighty GN'R live

By ‘stick it out’, do you mean continue to toady to the guy who pays your rent because you’d be a playing in bars without him? 

Dizzy is the guy who knew where his bread is buttered and never rocked the boat while towing the line with Axl for 33 years now. I have much more respect for Slash, Duff, and Matt who actually questioned wtf was going on when Axl did jack shit from like 1994-1997 when they all decided being active musicians was better than doing nothing.

I'm sure Dizzy is a nice guy but he seems like a company man through and through which doesn't necessarily warrant respect just because he managed to not get fired by Axl.

• Like 3

We all love Axl but I don't imagine he'd have always been the easiest boss to be in a band with. Dizzy hung in there when everyone else didn't. 

Dizzy's obviously incredibly loyal to Axl. Sure he went from playing clubs to joining Guns and playing stadiums. So what? There's thousands of great musicians who never make it big who are still brilliant. There's a ton of average musicians who sell millions of albums. Yeah Dizzy got lucky. Doesn't detract from the fact he's a great pianist. And so what if he plays percussion on some tracks live . You'd probably complain if he added unnecessary keys to certain songs and say that that ruined them live. 

By the way. He normally switches between both keys and percussion on Rocket Queen. 

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

I've come to the conclusion PTU is never coming back. Is this year 7 now post reunion? I've lost track but I feel like anything that's not made an appearance by now most likely just won't. Maybe there will be one or two exceptions to that but they don't have a huge back catalogue and some they just won't ever play live again.

I never thought Reckless Life would be brought back before PTU, Bad Obsession, etc. 

They'll be able to mix in 1-2 old songs and some covers every tour until they retire. :shrugs:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The Blues would've been a great choice in 2016 but the few times they played it last year were awful tbh.

There was a decent performance on youtube but I can't remember what country. It kinda reminded me more of the 2002 performance with less power.