New Duff song

It's bland unremarkable shit. Much like Turderness was. Not to mention a whinefest. 

This might be a hot take, but the only two (ex) Guns n' Roses members who's solo material has been consistently good, are Izzy Stradlin and Tommy Stinson. With Izzy I love his entire discography and his first 5 albums in particular. For Tommy I love his 2 solo albums, his 2 Bash & Pop albums and his Perfect album and EP. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, username said:

It's bland unremarkable shit. Much like Turderness was. Not to mention a whinefest. 

This might be a hot take, but the only two (ex) Guns n' Roses members who's solo material has been consistently good, are Izzy Stradlin and Tommy Stinson. With Izzy I love his entire discography and his first 5 albums in particular. For Tommy I love his 2 solo albums, his 2 Bash & Pop albums and his Perfect album and EP. 

Izzy’s solo stuff is far better IMO than anything the other AFD5 created on their own. VR’s first album is the only thing that comes close and of course Izzy was there for the early songwriting. I do really like 5 o’clock somewhere, Adler and both Walking Papers albums

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Quite funny in some ways that they're a couple of weeks off starting the tour and the band members are busy releasing and promoting new solo material rather than the tour! 

But what should they say about the tour?

"We're fn' back! Again! With nothing new! But older!"

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

But what should they say about the tour?

"We're fn' back! Again! With nothing new! But older!"

"Come on folks, dig deep, these stadiums won't fill themselves". 

But yeah, you might be right to be honest. 

A crazy, off the wall suggestion though could be to release and promote something new from the band that are touring......but we all know that isn't going to happen! 

There is a very big silence and lack of promotion around this tour though. Nothing seems to be being done by anyone to drum up excitement and interest.   

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

But yeah, you might be right to be honest. 

A crazy, off the wall suggestion though could be to release and promote something new from the band that are touring......but we all know that isn't going to happen! 

There is a very big silence and lack of promotion around this tour though. Nothing seems to be being done by anyone to drum up excitement and interest.   

It's not a good sign in general, I guess.

• Like 1

When I first mentioned being confused on why w o k e comes up as smarter than me, I got LAUGHED at. Only Wendi and Oldest Goat took me seriously when I first mentioned being confused on this.  It's nice to see that more and more people are also noticing that w o k e comes up as smarter than me and no one is laughing anymore and are taking it seriously. 

Edited by Karice
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I really don't get it, people who go to see them year after year and multiple shows per tour. There are so many other (and often better) artists out there to go see. Why pour more money into yet another GnR tour where they'll do the same thing they did last year but slightly worse or with 1 or maybe 2 different songs (which will likely be different covers)? 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, username said:

I really don't get it, people who go to see them year after year and multiple shows per tour. There are so many other (and often better) artists out there to go see. Why pour more money into yet another GnR tour where they'll do the same thing they did last year but slightly worse or with 1 or maybe 2 different songs (which will likely be different covers)? 

because they don't want "better", they get something from experiencing a Gn'R show/multiple Gn'R shows, even if there's not much difference between the setlists, probably cause it's their favorite band so if you really like to hear Axl and Slash live for example, you can't get that anywhere else and for some that is incentive enough to attend multiple shows.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, username said:

Because they have a good time?

• Like 4

maybe because they like to support the band that gave them so much in their youth . so loyalty could be  another reason. 

and also , if those who grew up with them have family /children , to take their kids/ family ...

Edited by wendirosez
  • ABSUЯD 1

51 minutes ago, username said:

I don't either. People like predictability and repetition I suppose.

They get something out of it that I personally don't understand- probably as simple as "they enjoy it", but it's certainly not for me. 

Variety and stuff I haven't seen before is pretty vital to me when going to gigs. I don't think those are that important to a lot of people though. 

4 hours ago, username said:

Seeing gnr multiple times doesn't prevent anyone from seeing other bands too, you know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Seeing gnr multiple times doesn't prevent anyone from seeing other bands too, you know?

true, but with how expensive tickets are nowdays, many people who enjoy attending live shows have to choose between attending multiple Gn'R shows to maybe attend just one so they'll be able to afford tickets to shows by other bands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

What happened is I laughed and explained the reason.

But I didn't take it seriously then and that hasn't changed.

I wasn't talking about you as one of the people who laughed at me. I'm talking about Posters who gave me the laughing reactions to my confused question. I actually thank you and Wendi for answering my concerned question in that thread. 😀

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 6:42 AM, adamsapple said:

For a musician who has been in the business for about 40 years, this is beyond embarrassing. We're talking about a guy here who recorded AFD and UYI and has toured the world multiple times. If he wasn't Duff McKagan ("of Guns N' Roses" - that's the ONLY point of sale there), this abortion of a song wouldn't get more than 20 clicks on YouTube and rightly so. No wonder Axl doesn't feel like working on new music with these guys, they just don't have it in them anymore. Any bedroom recorder has more talent, heart and fire than this pathetic excuse of a smarter than me wannabe punk. Absolutely embarrassing.

It might be a bad song, but being in the music business for 40 years has nothing to do with  putting out better material-I think we can all bring up examples of bands who have been around forever that have put out bad releases in the last 5 years or so. Many artists dont necessarily get better with time-I loved Pawnshop Guitars, but each Gilby record declined in quality as time went on for me.  

Edited by Ericstacey

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Video of another song from Duff's upcoming Lighthouse album dropped today:

I can't be bothered to listen to it even once.

I gave up on Duffs solo stuff. Tenderness, that How to be a man E.P. ("Kill the internet!" Really, Duff?! XD), the last couple of songs he put out recently...it all sounds like written by a 14 year old loser, both lyrics and music. I'm done! :D

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I like this "Longfeather" song... the odd time signature in the verse is cool, and it makes the chorus doubly effective when it goes into a more straight ahead feel. I can't help but imagining what Slash and Axl could've added to it, but I'm glad Duff is out there creating and releasing music into the world.

• Like 2