New Duff song

9 hours ago, Italian girl said:

It's Boring already from the title. Like all duff's songs

I like “This is a Song.” I don’t find it boring, especially going in knowing the context of it. I’m sure everybody has seen the press by now, but it was written about his anxiety attacks and how playing guitar helps to calm him down.

“This is a song that’s gonna save my life. It’s gonna set me free.”

Edit: “Pass You By” is the standout track right now for me on the EP. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's fine, it wouldn't have been out of place on Tenderness. I wish Axl would do some vocals and Slash would record some solos on Duff songs though, they could release a good acoustic EP if they actually tried...

I've been thinking thsi for ages.

It must be a very daunting thought to live up to A4D and UYI style albums.

A small acoustic EP would be a great way to release some music with a little bit of pressure off.

6 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I've been thinking thsi for ages.

It must be a very daunting thought to live up to A4D and UYI style albums.

A small acoustic EP would be a great way to release some music with a little bit of pressure off.

Ah these guys aren't thinking about topping AFD or UYI, or even CD. There's just no way to top the 80s/90s material at this point in time. The delay is not because they are worried they can't top those records. They know, no matter how good a record is, it will never be appreciated the same way that those records are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah these guys aren't thinking about topping AFD or UYI, or even CD. There's just no way to top the 80s/90s material at this point in time. The delay is not because they are worried they can't top those records. They know, no matter how good a record is, it will never be appreciated the same way that those records are.

I'm glad you've been keeping in contact with them!!

Anything else they've been telling you about?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I'm glad you've been keeping in contact with them!!

Anything else they've been telling you about?

Not much, all they said was "Tell DK6 we don't like him and we can't top our best most beloved work, only an idiot would think otherwise". Bet you wish you didn't ask now😬

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not much, all they said was "Tell DK6 we don't like him and we can't top our best most beloved work, only an idiot would think otherwise". Bet you wish you didn't ask now😬

Really!?!

But I thought we always had fun together.....

Next time I see Axl I'm going to punch him in the back of the head!

Best Lenny Punch Back Of Head GIFs | Gfycat

• ABSUЯD 1

15 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It needs a big ending with a screaming Axl and a nice Slash solo. But yeah, it's fine.

Better than that other song.

Apparently Duff knows how to release music :lol:

I like "It can't come too soon" the most I think. I'm really happy Duff is releasing new stuff and still writing music though.

At this point I'd rather have new Duff and Slash solo music than no new music at all.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

If you have great material, you won't be sitting on it. Axl, Duff and Slash are able to write a great song together... but for some reason they don't seem to get in one room to actually do that.

Chinese leftovers are actually a problem. They should start from scratch.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

If you have great material, you won't be sitting on it. Axl, Duff and Slash are able to write a great song together... but for some reason they don't seem to get in one room to actually do that.

Chinese leftovers are actually a problem. They should start from scratch.

not necessarily imo. "Great material" is subjective, but Axl sat on songs like There Was A Time for years, just as an example.

For a musician who has been in the business for about 40 years, this is beyond embarrassing. We're talking about a guy here who recorded AFD and UYI and has toured the world multiple times. If he wasn't Duff McKagan ("of Guns N' Roses" - that's the ONLY point of sale there), this abortion of a song wouldn't get more than 20 clicks on YouTube and rightly so. No wonder Axl doesn't feel like working on new music with these guys, they just don't have it in them anymore. Any bedroom recorder has more talent, heart and fire than this pathetic excuse of a smarter than me wannabe punk. Absolutely embarrassing.

• Like 4