New Duff song

There are actually 3 new Duff songs streaming services, including this one. 

Sounds like leftovers from his last album. Not necessarily bad, but not really great either. 

I was hoping for some new punky/rock stuff. This mellow stuff from Duff isn’t my cup of tea. 

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

It's Boring already from the title. Like all duff's songs

But he is punk as f?? :D

Wonder why they cant collaborate in Guns N Roses. Even this song would sound nice with Axl on vocals and Slashs guitar work.

• Haha 2

weak lyrics, too repetitive, and at basically the same level of energy for the whole tune. Don't like the title as well. Nice melody though. I don't consider Duff as an especially strong songwriter. For me his musical gifts lies elswhere.

in comparison to Izzy's solo material for example, I feel that there's almost always something interersting Izzy thought about and turned into a song when it comes to the lyrics at least, even if it's a simple concept, but there are Duff tunes that I like, sometimes he gets it right imo.

• Like 2

I'm happy Duff's releasing new stuff. This does sound like something on Tenderness. Not necessarily something I'd listen to endlessly, but I can listen to it, just a chill song.

It's just a bit annoying that every time Slash or Duff comes with something new, I'm just reminded of the nothingness that is Axl/GNR. When I hear from GNR, it's to sell me ugly merch and just last week they promoted their diecast GNR car as a Mother's Day present. Seriously. It reminded me of the bowling ball Homer got for Marge's birthday. Sorry, I had to vent about the ridiculousness of it all.

But on a positive note: yay for giving us music, Duff. It would be nice if he toured in Europe again. I always like the small venues Slash and Duff tour, so happy with their solo efforts, as always.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm happy Duff's releasing new stuff. This does sound like something on Tenderness. Not necessarily something I'd listen to endlessly, but I can listen to it, just a chill song.

It's just a bit annoying that every time Slash or Duff comes with something new, I'm just reminded of the nothingness that is Axl/GNR. When I hear from GNR, it's to sell me ugly merch and just last week they promoted their diecast GNR car as a Mother's Day present. Seriously. It reminded me of the bowling ball Homer got for Marge's birthday. Sorry, I had to vent about the ridiculousness of it all.

But on a positive note: yay for giving us music, Duff. It would be nice if he toured in Europe again. I always like the small venues Slash and Duff tour, so happy with their solo efforts, as always.

Couldn't agree more. 

I like this song a lot, but those are totally my feelings too. 

That email was ridiculous- "Mom approved" gifts. I could guarantee my Mum would NOT approve of her recieving a toy car, a Sweet Child Of Mine crop top, or a luminous November Rain hoody. 

I've no idea who buys that stuff- it looks like cheap bootleg stuff these days. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Decent song with nice melodies, nothing wrong with it. Duff is a good fella

i wonder what's going through axl's mind when he sees his bandmates releasing shit constantly

I wonder if he's even very aware of it? 

I increasingly get the impression he's, say we say, 'sheltered' from certain things. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder if he's even very aware of it? 

I increasingly get the impression he's, say we say, 'sheltered' from certain things. 

I increasingly get the impression that they all don't really care at all. They're all individuals who share a common past and happen to be in a kind of financial endeavour again, but apart from sharing a stage a few nights each year, rubbing shoulders and acting like it's the most rock n roll, punk as fuck thing to do, they go seperate ways, so I'd be surprised they keep each other in the loop with everything they do, exceptions would be things like Duff recording and playing with Iggy, so he invites Slash over for some good punk vibes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spoon87 said:

I increasingly get the impression that they all don't really care at all. They're all individuals who share a common past and happen to be in a kind of financial endeavour again, but apart from sharing a stage a few nights each year, rubbing shoulders and acting like it's the most rock n roll, punk as fuck thing to do, they go seperate ways, so I'd be surprised they keep each other in the loop with everything they do, exceptions would be things like Duff recording and playing with Iggy, so he invites Slash over for some good punk vibes.

You're probably right. It definitely feels like Slash and Duff have some sort of connection going on, but it doesn't feel like there's much beyond that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spoon87 said:

Exactly this. We all think they care as much as we do. Invariably, they don't. GNR is a cash cow and they rehearse, tour, pick up the cash and then get on with their lives when they're not touring - that is all very likely to be completely separate from each other, apart from a text or call here and there, which is probably about something to do with the 'business' aka GNR. It's like thinking company directors hang out with each other because they happen to run a business together. They might have once upon a time, in the early days, but now they all have their own lives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Exactly this. We all think they care as much as we do. Invariably, they don't. GNR is a cash cow and they rehearse, tour, pick up the cash and then get on with their lives when they're not touring - that is all very likely to be completely separate from each other, apart from a text or call here and there, which is probably about something to do with the 'business' aka GNR. It's like thinking company directors hang out with each other because they happen to run a business together. They might have once upon a time, in the early days, but now they all have their own lives.

like Axl said, they don't really hang out much if at all outside Gn'R and he gave The Stones as an example of another band that are more business oriented. That doesn't mean there's no love between Axl, Slash, and Duff, of course, and I think as you grow older you value your personal time/family time more. Happens with a lot of bands.

• Like 3

It has the vibe of a song written by a 14 year old who has been playing guitar for a year in his bedroom and feels he has a masterpiece on his hands. How can something that sounds so earnest also sound so bland?

He sounds like a poor mans Tommy Stinson.