Appetite for Distortion - Tommy Stinson

Was definitely a fun watch and interesting to hear how Axl felt/responded about him needing to take a break for family time. 
Have you ever reached out for Bumblefoot? Bet that guy has some very interesting stories. Would love to hear his story regarding leaving the band as it was all very secretive and quiet at the time 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, D4NNY said:

Was definitely a fun watch and interesting to hear how Axl felt/responded about him needing to take a break for family time. 
Have you ever reached out for Bumblefoot? Bet that guy has some very interesting stories. Would love to hear his story regarding leaving the band as it was all very secretive and quiet at the time 🙂

Bumble has politely declined a few times. Some people just want nothing to do with a GN'R podcast :( 

• Wow 1

Just now, Gambit83 said:

Bumble has politely declined a few times. Some people just want nothing to do with a GN'R podcast :( 

Shame, some things will just remain a mystery. Glad you get some many others giving their time though, all interesting through their personal insights and experiences.
Congrats on the little dude also 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Always been a fan of tommy, great episode! 

Also it's criminal that "going down" was never officially released.... also I enjoyed the other tommy demo (2) we got. A real punk rocker track. Would have been good to hear live too during those days when Axl would waddle off-stage for hits of the oxygen lol.. pink panther an James bond themes were okay I guess.. 

Who is next on your GnR hitlist Brando?

*fingers crossed bucket agrees to it one day* ;)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I mentioned in the “new album” thread about whether the old members were perhaps involved in the delay of the reworked singles..

Can’t help but think him being in contact with Duff and a seeming reluctance to discuss Hardskool & absurd back my theory up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Who is next on your GnR hitlist Brando?

*fingers crossed bucket agrees to it one day* ;)

I'm trying to convince Azam Ali to have Bucket just be there on Zoom when I interview her again about their album.

Short interviews scheduled though with Steve Turner of Mudhoney and Geezer Butler. 

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A Marco Beltrami interview would be cool too, any idea in case he hasn't been asked. He worked on some CD songs, and unreleased ones such as Thyme, The General, Seven, and Soul Monster (then Leave Me Alone) 

I've submitted requests through his site, no luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

21 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Pity but it's one way to stay clear of the people that would hack him for "riding gnr coattails". If he just says nothing be can't be attacked. Also, despite how it ended I think he has a great respect for Axl and knows that he would prefer the stories where things didn't go the right way stay out of the media. Bumble is doing well enough on his own not to need that kind of attention.

Nonetheless, it would be very interesting to hear him or any of those guys speak freely. Even moreso than what Tommy did here, or Brains interviews. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Kinda weird Tommy leaving would put him in a bad light with Axl (his words). Tommy gave the band almost two decades and wanted to be home with his family. Respect. I take it they no longer speak? 

You might be able to tell I was caught off guard by that. I try to avoid the negative, but as soon as Tommy said that I was like uh oh there's a headline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

You might be able to tell I was caught off guard by that. I try to avoid the negative, but as soon as Tommy said that I was like uh oh there's a headline. 

I saw Tommy in 2015 with The Replacements so he was able to tour duty them. I seem to remember he dipped out of a South America tour and Duff covered. He also missed the awards do where Axl got an award and a night in Vegas. 

I’d always assumed in 2014 Axl had made his mind up to reunite with Slash..this would indicate not. 

Seems Tommy needing Duff to cover was the catalyst. All came together pretty quick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I wouldn't worry - it's his words not yours. As the interviewer, you are just the vessel. It'd be different if you asked a leading question, Tommy just volunteered the information.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

I saw Tommy in 2015 with The Replacements so he was able to tour duty them. I seem to remember he dipped out of a South America tour and Duff covered. He also missed the awards do where Axl got an award and a night in Vegas. 

I’d always assumed in 2014 Axl had made his mind up to reunite with Slash..this would indicate not. 

Seems Tommy needing Duff to cover was the catalyst. All came together pretty quick. 

I remember the “chance” encounter Duff had with Axl at the hotel, which led to Duff joining GNR on stage. Word back then was it wasn’t really a chance encounter but more so Duff trying to coordinate a meet and wanting to be back in the band. I think that came from the wrestler guy but idk. 

22 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Geezer Butler

Wow man, congrats. One of the most important bass players of all time. My favourite along with Geddy Lee. I'd fucking cry of happiness before and after the interview :lol:

• GNFNR 1