What songs have they been rehearsing for this tour of note?

I have it on somewhat good authority that Street of Dreams, There Was a Time, Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes, Bad Apples, Bad Obsession were all sound-checked today... 

Breakdown now has a stage video for it.... 

Now lets just hope they introduce them more frequently than 2016-17..... 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Breakdown would be very cool.

I kind of started liking Don't Damn Me again recently. The opening riff is so mean. Plus, I think it would be certainly one of the easier songs in the catalog for Axl to sing now.

The problem with Don’t Damn me is there are no spots to breathe in song 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have it on somewhat good authority that Street of Dreams, There Was a Time, Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes, Bad Apples, Bad Obsession were all sound-checked today... 

how do you know there's a stage video for breakdown? Im also wondering where all these soundcheck rumours are coming from, theres no footage or anything confirming any songs but SOD

27 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I kind of started liking Don't Damn Me again recently. The opening riff is so mean. Plus, I think it would be certainly one of the easier songs in the catalog for Axl to sing now.

They've literally never played it because it is basically impossible to sing live unless you don't require oxygen!

Current Axl would almost certainly die.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joraz said:

how do you know there's a stage video for breakdown? Im also wondering where all these soundcheck rumours are coming from, theres no footage or anything confirming any songs but SOD

A lot of these rumors are stemming from an english speaking production crew member (not on GNR's team or payroll...) who is apparently a mega GNR fan and got to see the soundcheck today. He said Street of Dreams, as well as others, and Meegan's story confirmed that. Not sure where the Breakdown background rumor is coming from, but fuck it, it's exciting to think about. 

I personally believe it. If they got their asses out there a whole day before the show, and probably plan to again tomorrow, I think they probably played a shit ton of stuff they haven't gotten together and played in awhile. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I wouldn't expect to hear any of those on the first show. But maybe some or all of those will appear before they wrap up the tour in October.

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Breakdown would be very cool.

Don't Damn Me might be the most challenging song they have for Axl to sing lol. They would have to slow it down a ton. Which I would be fine with. It's always been a top 10 song for me.

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Don't Damn Me might be the most challenging song they have for Axl to sing lol. They would have to slow it down a ton. Which I would be fine with. It's always been a top 10 song for me.

He sings the outro of Coma every show lol, DDM should be easier compared to that. Garden Of Eden now that's one they shouldn't attempt though haha I don't think Axl could even keep up back in 93 when they played it

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

30 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He sings the outro of Coma every show lol, DDM should be easier compared to that. Garden Of Eden now that's one they shouldn't attempt though haha I don't think Axl could even keep up back in 93 when they played it

But how many weeks/months did it take before he could actually get through that section without sounding like he was being strangled?

I think they should definitely attempt garden of Eden though😄