Katarina's Benzova absence

No doubt fernando is a self entitled dweeb who treats people like shit to hide his own insecurities. Everyone gets a defence, but it's wholly believable. I know it's a bit ignorant of us having never met him to judge him, but we've seen plenty of interactions he's had with people to have built up his personality type. 

From the statement provided, it does seem she's used things like the photos being sent to tarnish his character when those things are literally every other post on instagram, twitter or in whatsapp groups. but everything else if true should be instant dismissal from the band. Any guy who tries to control anyone with money or sex to make themselves feel empowered is the lowest of low in humanity. Such a weak man. 

• Like 1

If this comes down too, Axl either fire him or Slash and Duff leave…the ride is over, everyone. And what a sad, unsatisfying ending everyone would get after spending all these years following and supporting. And with the reunion and Axl/DC, he’d finally created a happy ending for himself. If he doesn’t act appropriately here, that’s all gonna be stained. I’m not sure some of us here understand how f’d this is, and how much of the band’s future it puts into jeopardy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well, if she was 1099, she wouldn't get a lot of those benefits and would do her own taxes. Although, California is very pro- worker and it might be different there. 

EDIT- Also, probably not in regards to Richard and co. They may have signed a social media policy or something similar- all photos taken can be used at the employer's discretion or something. 

You americans man... no healthcare, no holiday, no workers rights. At least you got guns keeping you all safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Are you seriously throwing my name around on a Kat Benzova thread? Or are you talking about another Andre?? She's really hot btw!

Anyways, Murph told me  that someone was throwing around my name here, so I thought I would come here and say my piece.

I haven't been around in forums or discord groups in ages! I get my GNR news from Murph and another dude, and very rarely I come here to check out the reactions when there's new songs and make a comment on it. But I haven't been active in the forums for a very long time (since the locker leaks).

I don't know why people still dwell on stuff that happened 15 years ago (!?!), but for what it's worth, you have my guarantee that I didn't do anything wrong recently and I can guarantee that I'm not involved in any attempts to get songs or leaks or whatever you wanna call it, if that's what I'm being accused of (I didn't read it but that's usually the topic where my name gets brought up).  As a matter of fact, I never leaked anything in my life, as I never had anything to begin with. 
I think the stories of all the leaks are readily available online for everyone to read anyways, so go read it, and anyone knows the real characters in those stories. 
My time in the public forums or discords is over, and I have no intentions of changing that. 

Furthermore, since I'm not active in the forums anymore, and if it makes you feel happier, mods you can go ahead and ban me from the forum, if you wish to do so. 

I hope everything's well with the few people I know from here. Cheers!

If you actually are Andrecc then hi. People were talking about Andre Gilliot(or however you spell his name) not you, so no need to worry too much.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, JAxlMorrison said:

If this comes down too, Axl either fire him or Slash and Duff leave…the ride is over, everyone. And what a sad, unsatisfying ending everyone would get after spending all these years following and supporting. And with the reunion and Axl/DC, he’d finally created a happy ending for himself. If he doesn’t act appropriately here, that’s all gonna be stained. I’m not sure some of us here understand how f’d this is, and how much of the band’s future it puts into jeopardy. 

Oh I am more than aware and I really agree with what you say. I'm biting my nails over this. I mean besides all the terrible things Kat had to endure if true, I am worried about the future of my favorite band! I hope the people who are the band will stand as one and make the right decisions.

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Honestly I can only imagine organisations like GNR are rife with gossip. No way has all this been going on for 6 years with nobody hearing even a rumour or a whisper. Two things immediately spring to mind -

1. The culture in any organisation comes from the top down. Nobody behaves this brazenly at work unless they know they have tacit approval or won't be taken to task for it.

2. People turn a blind eye to all kinds of stuff everyday -sometimes for quite minor acts of self preservation. You can times that by 1000 when billions of dollars are at stake if you upset the apple cart.

Sadly, the history of GnR doesnt sit great with all of this...

1 hour ago, meadsoap said:

Kat had an actual job. She wasn't just hired because she's pretty, that's an awful assumption to make. Even if you meant to say it as criticism towards GnR and not her, it still has some nasty implications that cause people to not take women seriously in the workplace.

Well, it's not on us. She was picked out of front row because she wanted to show her pics, if I recall correctly. We can pretend her looks didn't matter, but I wasn't born yesterday and I don't think it benefits women in any way to put your head in the sand about that stuff happening.

Her work is widely appreciated, so even if she wasn't hired for her looks, her looks were what got her backstage to show her work to start with.

And that's exactly why it's wrong to pick out pretty girls to take backstage. It's demeaning and it leads to abuse.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Well, it's not on us. She was picked out of front row because she wanted to show her pics, if I recall correctly. We can pretend her looks didn't matter, but I wasn't born yesterday and I don't think it benefits women in any way to put your head in the sand about that stuff happening.

Her work is widely appreciated, so even if she wasn't hired for her looks, her looks were what got her backstage to show her work to start with.

And that's exactly why it's wrong to pick out pretty girls to take backstage. It's demeaning and it leads to abuse.

It only leads to abuse when there are abusers around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Well I hope you’re right. I hope in that case, Axl would make the right decision. But if he refuses, ain’t no way Slash and Duff risk their careers by leaving them in the hands of this fuck up. 

90% chance that both Slash and Duff ignore this situation, and then clock back in on the next tour like nothing happened. 

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

On the one hand, yes, that's what I am fearing as well, on the other hand, like I said before, German band Rammstein faced equally heavy, if not even heavier allegations and they keep on touring and functioning as a band as if all this never happened. 

2 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

On the one hand, yes, that's what I am fearing as well, on the other hand, like I said before, German band Rammstein faced equally heavy, if not even heavier allegations and they keep on touring and functioning as a band as if all this never happened. 

Rammstein is done without their vocalist. Definitely not the same situation. Marilyn Manson fired Twiggy... that must have hurt as well, but he did it anyway.

Fernando is nobody in comparison.

It's not Axl, Duff or Slash we're talking about.

He's gone.

• Like 1

There is a pattern with men who use their power and position to be abusive and sexually harass women. Fernando's behaviour is textbook, which makes me pretty sure the allegations are likely true. Also the lawsuit mentions messages and documents, I reckon those were attached to it too. He needs to be fired.

Edited by Pedrolg
  • Like 3

Just now, Lethalis said:

Rammstein is done without their vocalist. Definitely not the same situation. Marilyn Manson fired Twiggy... that must have hurt as well, but he did it anyway.

Fernando is nobody in comparison.

It's not Axl, Duff or Slash we're talking about.

He's gone.

But what if Axls sense of loyalty kicks in, as he obviously views him as close family.