Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

The one that leaked is mostly made up of hip hop loops and instrumental parts from Prostitute, so I guess it was just supposed to be counted as a remix. I wonder if the words "blood in the water" are present exactly in that form in an unreleased track we don't know about or they have been culled from different songs (or different verses of a same song) and sewed together.

Very well could be, definitely a cool title if they do have an actual non remix complete version. 
Years ago a poster jokingly said the “blood in the water” lyrics were recorded secretly in Axl’s bathroom. 😂 

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yes that’s the one! It had Tonto, Nothin, and Perhaps too, years before the Village leaks so it’s legit. From January 2008. Also had Catcher. Some songs floated between the first two albums. Also had Thyme, Atlas, The General, Cuban Skies, Monstrocity, TIL2, OMG2, Soul Monster, and more. 

Interestingly, Eye On You, Berlin/Oklahoma, Seven, Quick Song and State Of Grace were not listed. However, they may be there under different names or at the time been intended for CD1 or CD3 if not discarded altogether.

Why hasn’t that damn Light My Fire shown up somewhere? Haha. That’s gotta be very very interesting.

41 minutes ago, Amir said:

That's still somewhat ambiguous to me, could just be referring to ABSURD where we know the drums are definitely by Brain. Not sure why they would make a point of explicitly saying drums were by Brain for the release of ABSURD, but not Hard Skool?

They removed the mention of Brain for Absurd on the digital platforms after a while, maybe because of the negative comments it generated among fans regarding Frank's position in the band etc. So maybe by the time Hard Skool was released they have decided it would be better to not make a point about who played on the songs.

• Like 1

I doubt theyd be releasing these songs if they had much stronger material. Slash implied they'd be releasing a couple of songs and it seems like we're getting the village leaks. 

With all the reunion hype, there's no way these would be the lead singles if it wasn't at least some of the stronger stuff. 

I think we'll get some stronger stuff on Slash's album next year.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I would say so.. Axl sounded amazing covering the song in 2006 live shows. Sang the verses a couple octaves higher.

It would be super special if Axl recorded a 2006 or so version of Sailing in the studio.

59 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

That Light my fire title sounds stupid to me.
What intrigues me is ”Monstrosity” is it on the village leaks under a working title???? We’ll never know, that troll on Youtube says that it’s the same one under the name “mustache”

I always imagined it as being Zodiac 13.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Am I remembering wrong or was there an old CD2 track list that mentioned a song called “Grace”? 

Unless it's State Of Grace. Maybe "4 Heavens" which I think is referring to the alt CD-era KOHDs

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

That Light my fire title sounds stupid to me.

It's an old song by the Doors, likely a cover on that CD2 list from Guns. 

I suppose it could be a different song with the same name, or a working title, but I doubt it. 

Sixx: A.M. has an Oh My God, it's actually pretty good, with some cheesy lyrics. Those first two Sixx albums were pretty good. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Sixx: A.M. has an Oh My God, it's actually pretty good, with some cheesy lyrics. Those first two Sixx albums were pretty good. 

Those first  two albums were brilliant. The drop off after that was like they were written by a different band. First album had the dark mystery, second album had the more mainstream stuff. After that everything sucked hard

• Like 2