Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

This has completely soured me on going to the Hershey show tomorrow night. 

This band treats a 23 year old studio outtake like it’s a national security risk. I can’t take it much longer. 

NO OTHER BAND has this many issues when it comes to releasing music. 

As another user mentioned, it’s best to focus on PTU, BO, DOTF and Anything Goes. Expecting something new or a deep cut will only set yourself up for disappointment. Theres still plenty to be excited over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

okay, let me say something
am I disappointed? A lot, it's ridiculous how hard is it to release something new. But there was nothing officialy scheduled, so we can't say "plans changed". 

It’s clear that the song was supposed to be released tomorrow going by the video on the Linkfire page.

I think we'll know more about it tomorrow or during the weekend in case the pre-save stuff is yet a plan. 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The "complaints, complaints, complaints" comment she directed our way was well-deserved. We just can't take criticism. It's like when Chris referred to us as "dildos". Hilarious. 

I think people hate/dislike Beta for various reasons: she is rarely professional in her communication on social media (like most people her age), people project GN'R failures or disappointments onto her and her family (mostly undeserved), people dislike her rags to riches story sometimes combined with misogyny and or racism, I suspect there is some jealousy in there too, and people see her as some Machiavellian power-behind-the-throne figure that has practically imprisoned Axl and keeps him in some sedated state (haha). Just my 5 cents after having followed this band across discussion boards for a long time. 

My impression is that the Lebeis is Axl's family, first and foremost. A family he needed. A family that hopefully keeps him happy. Then they help out with what needs to be done, including managerial tasks (mostly Fernando, though. these days). They don't make band decisions, and I am not even sure they make much recommendations/advice. They are not your typical Alan Niven-type manager who pushes the band in the direction he wants, for better or worse. They work on directions from the band (not only Axl, at least not anymore). And for most part them seem to do it well enough (the touring after they took over has been exemplary). That doesn't mean they are great at everything they do, which is to be expected from Fernando getting the job through nepotism and not through talent; still, you learn on the job, I suppose. It's a bit of a give and take, and we can surely point to a few GN'R managers who did worse than the Lebeis.

But yeah, Beta has received a lot of dislike and hatred (not on this forum, at least not any more) and a lot of it is really ugly, and this has soured the relationship between that family and us hardcores, which is ultimately more our loss than theirs. One can always argue that it is her fault for her comments on social media, but there is really no excuse for some of the stuff posted about her over the years. 

Thank you for that. I've been saying this for years now how the fanbase direct their anger to mostly Beta instead of the actual responsible - Axl - and always with A LOT of misogyny and racism. It still happens a lot on Discord and other places.

• Like 4

Just now, Grayfox said:

Sick of it. Unless they release more than one song this is BS

Thinking about it a countdown clock to one song from this band is very very funny lol. 

I get what they're trying to do, but coming from gnr it's ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

This has completely soured me on going to the Hershey show tomorrow night. 

This band treats a 23 year old studio outtake like it’s a national security risk. I can’t take it much longer. 

NO OTHER BAND has this many issues when it comes to releasing music. 

Oh, it'll be good. Especially if you can get a cheap ticket. 

As others have said- the setlists are decent, the band are playing well again....but yeah I get your frustration fully. 

Just got to take it for what it is- a good show. Having said that, I feel a bit like I'm done for seeing them live for a good while now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Judging by a page that wasn't officially released by the band?

Yeah that's the sticking point for me too- this was never official stuff, but was treated like it was. 

Given the way GNR operate, it doesn't seem too surprising that it hasn't happened. 

3 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Judging by a page that wasn't officially released by the band?

Oh please.

That video doesn’t get posted without approval from any combination of the band, label, and management. 

We’re being punished because we found it “before we were supposed to.” End of story.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

Oh please.

That video doesn’t get posted without approval from any combination of the band, label, and management. 

We’re being punished because we found it “before we were supposed to.” End of story.

I agree that the band/label was involved with it, but there was no formal announcement by any. We did in fact find it “before we were supposed to.”

But officially, on official record, nothing was ever announced by anybody, so...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Oh please.

The video wasn't posted. The source code of that page still shows this line that indicates it was some kind of testing: <title>Campaign Preview</title>

• Like 2