Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

People associated with the band said something was coming soon (even before the 11th technically) and they didn’t refute any of the stories last week. It would take 20 seconds to do so. The silence now is the problem imo. 

Associated with the band, isn't coming from the band is it 

25 minutes ago, betterman said:

People here always claim that there are no interest of new GNR music outside of a few hundreds on this board, but Hard Skool almost without any promotion have almost 17 mill. plays on Spotify and I think was played regulary on rock radio.

A little more promotion and a song that I think will win over the general public in a better way and it will gain way more plays on streaming and views on youtube (if a video is made, hopefully not just a lyric video)

Eh Hard Skool definitely got promoted. I remember it being promoted on NFL Network and during a football game too, it got a physical release and definitely was on the GnR social media channels quite a bit.  It even got a second vinyl release with the fan club thing.

I mean it's great it has 17 mil plays but for a band as big as GnR that's not a ton.  Compare how Hard Skool did vs Lux Æterna from Metallica.  

The problem with GnR just releasing singles is there is not much reason to give them much promotion because there isn't anything to sell.  If there was an album it would be different.  Some artists need new singles to sell tickets to their shows, but GnR isn't in that situation. They are going to move tickets just from their classics.  And the label isn't going to make money off of putting out Perhaps and the General without an album to back it up, so why put a ton of promotion into these singles?  You know?

As Diesel Daisy would say, maybe Axl is adding an extra layer of bleeps to the song and thus it has been delayed?

1 hour ago, vloors said:

I heard it's delayed because Axl couldn't decide on the cover art for the single. 

He is consulting a fortune tellers opinion now.

You jest, but this is probably closer to the truth than anyone here would care to admit. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If the single wasn't to be released at all, like ever, then I think the band should make some kind of announcement (even though no one in the band has stated a single was to be released now, that came from Tom Mayhue, and Duff just talked vaguely about "news"). But if we are just talking about a small delay here, like a week, then the band doesn't have to make an announcement about this postponement, because they have never officially announced the release to begin with so there is nothing to clarify or correct.

Hopefully a announcement about the imminent release will come in not long, or they decide to just spring it on us without any announcement at all. In either case, we are very close to get a new single from GN'R. Cheers, don't brood over the fact that we happened to find out that the band originally had a tentative plan to release the single some days earlier than it will eventually be released. Be happy that they haven't given up on releasing music altogether, even if it is years between each single song they put out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

See you guys next Friday for the daily dose of disappointment. Being a GNR fan is a lot of fun.

I'll say that at this point, it's better to just stop lol. This cycle is endless. 

We already have the song anyways, i just wanted to be able to play it on Spotify instead of having to search for it trough the local files on my phone while crossing the streets, i bet someday a truck is gonna ran over me and i'll blame GNR for that! Just kidding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

At this point, irregardless of the quality or your opinion on the material — getting TWO songs within a month-ish in 2021 was an unheard of miracle. 

maybe that pattern will follow in 2023. the hype for The General will be off the charts

14 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

The problem with GnR just releasing singles is there is not much reason to give them much promotion because there isn't anything to sell.  If there was an album it would be different.  Some artists need new singles to sell tickets to their shows, but GnR isn't in that situation. They are going to move tickets just from their classics.  And the label isn't going to make money off of putting out Perhaps and the General without an album to back it up, so why put a ton of promotion into these singles?  You know?

The minimum they could do is patch together a couple of these 20-second clips from the tour they keep "teasing" us with (as if a DVD was imminent) and make at least a semi-decent official video. And then do a proper interview with pre-selected topics (not the new album, for the love of god, that’s a Pentagon top secret!), telling us something about the songs. They released two singles two years ago, yet to date haven’t given us a single bit of information regarding their origin, background, anything. Who does this?
Labels don’t always have to be involved and spend vast amounts of money when all the band could do is just make this minimal effort and that itself would bring some nice results. It doesn’t always have to be all-in, does it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

I guess it would just be awkward for Axl to come out and say Hard Skool is about the guy in the top hat 🤣😭💀

You're right there. That would be the same as wondering why he hasn't released an autobiography. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Caedo said:

17 million is very weak for a single for a band with songs streamed over a billion times and 30 million Facebook followers 

But that is songs from when they actually were the biggest band on the planet and songs that people have been familiar with for over 30 years

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Here's what I think has happened:

The band obviously want to release more of the unreleased CD songs, that's clear from everything Slash has said. They were then working on releasing Perhaps this year but didn't want to make an early announcement of it impending release without a release date, although Duff vaguely mentioned that we could hear news within a couple of weeks, which could be about anything. As the band was preparing for the release Tom Mayhue kind of spoke out of turn - the band had no intention of announcing anything - and media went with it. It was still too soon to make an announcement for the band because they wasn't sure on when the exact release date was gonna be. What were they going to say, "Yes, erm, as Mayhue pointed out, we are going to release a new song we just don't know when"? So while we started to get excitement about the release of Perhaps the band continued to work out the arrangements and ended up on a tentative release date of August 11, with promotion/marketing being prepared to actually announce this release some days prior. Unfortunately, we figured this date out before it was ready to be announced, the band needs some extra time to finalize it. The band is not going to publicly say the release has been postponed, because the actual release isn't even publicly disclosed yet. They will finalize the arrangements and then they will either make an announcement in advance, or just drop the single. Hopefully, whatever is left to be arranged will be minor and we get to hear Perhaps next week. 

This was one of the most honest and best post on here lately. It seems like everone acts like some lunatics because of a single they didnt get, but was never officially announced. Hoping for an announcement monday/tuesday

The original date was found on a site that was clearly still in development, with a timer that didn’t match the date provided.

Not a huge stretch to see how dates could still be up in the air. 

Once the official accounts share the countdown, then get excited. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Mark my words. There won't be any GNR release this year.

I will proudly attach this comment on December 31 as my New Year wishes here. lol

there will. I'm 100% sure. We had all sort of hints for Hardschool as well and it did drop.

10 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Mark my words. There won't be any GNR release this year.

I will proudly attach this comment on December 31 as my New Year wishes here. lol

Sorry but obviously I really hope you're wrong.

I do still think there's too much indicating that we will for sure get at least Perhaps before end of the year.

We believe more than ever, thank you by taking care him etc

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1