Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just now, BassistSeb said:

Man, you can't deny that following this band is unlike following any other rock band - come for the potential music, stay for the craic in the fandom :lol::lol::lol:

Yea...it's actually quite fun. It's gonna come out guys, relax! This will be a moment we all look back on as, remember when Perhaps leaked on a boozer jukebox....new forum users will be like, say what? 

At this point, we'd be the insane ones to wish for normality, oh wait...

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I can't believe it either. It's fucking hideous. Absurd was kinda cool ... Then they pulled the cringey juvenile bullshit with Hardschool ... This is just no effort level

I actually like this cover art way better than the other two. Tho I guess the Absurd one wasn’t so bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

it's still there

That’s much higher quality than the full leak. The new deep vocals really save the chorus imo. Also I’m pretty sure I can still hear all of Robin’s solo faintly under Slash’s. The opening bend is obviously the part that stands out the most, but it seems like the rest is still there too.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

On that note, the biggest "tragedy" in GN'R's history (to the extent anything is a tragedy and to the extent I can muster strong feelings about the band at all), is that Axl failed to get Chinese Democracy out in 2001. If he had done that, Bucket, Robin and Josh might have remained in the band and the follow-up would hopefully have been released not many years later. 

“I think it is quite common that internal deadlines are pushed on large projects. That's not necessarily a fuck up or unlucky. It is the nature of the beast.”

-SoulMonster unnecessarily defending Axl/TB fuckups a few moments earlier

• Like 1

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-imminent-new-single-perhaps-is-reportedly-already-available-on-touchtunes

Blabbermouth's story about this. 

"This is not the first time that there have been reports of songs prematurely appearing on TouchTunes. In April, fans of the American country band TURNPIKE TROUBADOURS were surprised to see a previously unreleased track called "Mean Old Sun" on the entertainment platform with 65,000 connected jukeboxes. "

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tboneman said:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-imminent-new-single-perhaps-is-reportedly-already-available-on-touchtunes

"This is not the first time that there have been reports of songs prematurely appearing on TouchTunes. In April, fans of the American country band TURNPIKE TROUBADOURS were surprised to see a previously unreleased track called "Mean Old Sun" on the entertainment platform with 65,000 connected jukeboxes. "

could this be intentional then?

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

could this be intentional then?

There’s so many moving parts with uploading songs to these servers/distributors and getting ready for a release on multiple platforms. Sometimes things just slip by. Especially if it’s a last min decision to delay things 

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Good point, I plan on going to one later this morning then. I’ll have one beer and perhaps listen to a song. I have 30 credits. If it’s still available tonight I’ll play it for the super small bar near my home, myself present or not. Perhaps it’s the best gift to stranger patrons! 

Tell all the folks there to totally be quiet, while recording the song for us! Or ask the manager if you could plug in into his amp! 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

“I think it is quite common that internal deadlines are pushed on large projects. That's not necessarily a fuck up or unlucky. It is the nature of the beast.”

-SoulMonster unnecessarily defending Axl/TB fuckups a few moments earlier

You don't see the difference between delaying a single with some days (presumably) and delaying a record with 8 years? :lol:

Just now, ZODIAC said:

Tell all the folks there to totally be quiet, while recording the song for us! Or ask the manager if you could plug in into his amp! 😂

Remember to ask nicely though - we don't want this to happen at bars across the US...

7vmlsz.jpg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tboneman said:

Damn, thought we were the first! The CEO's at Touchtunes must be having a lovely fucking Sunday!

• Haha 1