Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, ChristianGNR said:

They can’t control internet (and they know). If they want to prevent high quality leaks, they have to remove it from the jukebox app.

Yeah, but it's one thing if a song is shared privately or in the "dark corners" of the internet and another thing if it's openly available on popular platforms like youtube and soundcloud

Just a reminder that there are people unaffiliated with the band who take it upon themselves to ruin things for others on YouTube.

Assuming it's anyone from GNR or management is responsible for take downs is to forget the nonsense GNR fans have dealt with on YouTube.

We just don't know who is behind what action.  It's likely far easier to have something taken down on SoundCloud than proprietary entertainment software (particularly on a weekend). 

• Like 1

Maybe they could have made more money by making an IG story in which they talked about the release of the song on TouchTunes, who knows about this apart from us in the forum and some regulars of the bars? But it’s GNR world, everything is all right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swedish said:

I've listened to the leak two times now and really like it a lot, patiently waiting to properly dissect the new vocals. But this video clearly shows the one thing that I find very odd about this version, that Robins first two notes are kept from the old solo being combined with Slash's new one via a very strange cut and paste job. Surely the had to have been a more coherent way of putting that solo together if those first two notes where so important?

It might just be because I'm so familiar with the old solo and that's why it sounds so odd, but it almost sounds like it was live mixed and the engineer left the wrong track playing and changed it a second to late (which obviously didn't happen but illustrates how it sounds).

Even I don't understand why they decided to leave a bit of Robin's solo playing over Slash's, especially when we know that Slash hated Paul Tobias playing over his parts in Sympathy For The Devil. That part of the song just sounds off and isn't timed properly from what I can hear. 

7 hours ago, Swedish said:

I've listened to the leak two times now and really like it a lot, patiently waiting to properly dissect the new vocals. But this video clearly shows the one thing that I find very odd about this version, that Robins first two notes are kept from the old solo being combined with Slash's new one via a very strange cut and paste job. Surely the had to have been a more coherent way of putting that solo together if those first two notes where so important?

It might just be because I'm so familiar with the old solo and that's why it sounds so odd, but it almost sounds like it was live mixed and the engineer left the wrong track playing and changed it a second to late (which obviously didn't happen but illustrates how it sounds).

Yeah I heard that too and found it odd, like to the point where I thought it was just me imagining those high notes there from being so used to hearing the Village Sessions demo solo lol.  I am curious as to what it sounds like hearing the actual mix and not a recording of it playing over speakers

Not being funny but I think my recording from phone sat on the speaker sounds better than the other cell and MSL one. Might try for another if I can hold phone in front of speaker and keep the drunks away. 

Lol this band. We take care by Axl. Better than the last one etc 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Seems bass- heavy which is nice. I have to hear the solo in HQ though. The Robin to Slash transition still sounds weird. Sounds like there’s more piano too?

I was thinking that this morning too.. Duff (and even Melissa’s) contributions are way more evident in this song than the last two.