Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I remember that you were the one always agreeing with Pele :lol:

Re: The General, for one I don't think Axl would play an unfinished song at a fashion party with so many people.

Well, I don’t post here very often tbh but I did agree with some of his statements yes 🤣. Trust me, I want to believe there’s this whole stash of unheard music in Axl’s vault but it honestly would not surprise me (at this rate) if it WAS just those few village demos that Axl recorded vocals for!

I do hope I’m wrong though and the fact that songs like ‘Scraped’ and ‘Sorry’ exist with vocals and WEREN’T part of the village leaks gives me SOME hope, but honestly, at this pace of 2 songs every 2 years when would we even hear them anyway? 😔 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

The thing is I think he’s right regarding the 3 songs released so far, the vocals do sound like they’re straight from the village demos, albeit with some effects added added here and there 😬.

Also, I see a lot of talk about The General here but as far as I’m aware the only thing that ever leaked was a shitty 10 second cell phone clip that could have been ANYTHING. How are we so sure this is a song that’s finished and due soon? 🤔  Genuine question, not meaning to sound like an ass. Maybe I’m a pessimist but I genuinely think we’ll get Atlas Shrugged and possibly State of Grace, followed by YEARS of no ‘new’ music…

Sebastian Bach described the vocals to The General in a 2007 interview. And most people can hear Axl singing in the party clip. 

Edited by Sweersa

I love the reactions here, one guy is saying Perhaps is no longer coming out friday, and just a couple posts below that you got people saying they think an EP/LP is coming now:lol:

I think they simply uploaded the leaks to the detection system to take them down. Not because the songs are getting released soon. The versions they uploaded aren't even the final ones they would release anyway, they are the long oudated village ones, so who cares if they are in the system it doesn't mean anything.

That said could anyone imagine how this forum would explode if an actual full EP with like 4 songs was coming Friday? They did put more work into this release, or atleast that was the plan (with the countdown), so maybe something more could be brewing, I mean why go the extra mile for this 1 song and not the 2 previous ones?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

And yet the band is constantly being booked for tours, and have played the biggest festivals on the planet – one of them twice – since 2016. Obviously the industry and the fanbase think on different wavelengths. That, or they're doing something right

You can bet your grandma's house on the fact that TB is not the reason for GNRs success.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I’ll second the recommendation for Electric Tears. Phenomenal album. Very mellow. Excellent to listen to while at work trying to focus, or while doing yoga or just want to relax.

Probably I'll give it a try today. 

• Like 1

Another old demo single, another leak, another screw-up...
Even if it may not be TB’s fault this time, the least they could do is make an official statement. Or create a countdown on the website. Or at least another of the sporadic Reddit posts Merchnando makes every 10 years or so. But as usual – nada. No surprises there. I hope the song won’t flop. I don't even dare hope they'd make a proper video for it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Another old demo single, another leak, another screw-up...
Even if it may not be TB’s fault this time, the least they could do is make an official statement. Or create a countdown on the website. Or at least another of the sporadic Reddit posts Merchnando makes every 10 years or so. But as usual – nada. No surprises there. I hope the song won’t flop. I don't even dare hope they'd make a proper video for it. 

I would think they are sticking to whatever marketing plan they have. And if Axl wants them to acknowledge the TouchTune screwup, and thus basically announce the upcoming release before their plan, then I am sure they will do so; I am similarly sure they are not going to say anything if Axl doesn't want them to.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would think they are sticking to whatever marketing plan they have. And if Axl wants them to acknowledge the TouchTune screwup, and thus basically announce the upcoming release before their plan, then I am sure they will do so; I am similarly sure they are not going to say anything if Axl doesn't want them to.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I still somehow believe things would be different if the management was more competent. And I don’t believe something like an unofficial little "stay tuned" from TB’s side somewhere in the social media would piss Axl off so much. (Tom Mayhue can’t be officially considered a part of the band’s management, even though some probably think so.)
No, either they’re not doing a good job, or there’s a curse that seems to have been sticking on this band for decades, whether it’s problems with gigs, weather, in-ear monitors, leaks, sub-par design, or official releases. It's just too much for a coincidence, man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I still somehow believe things would be different if the management was more competent. And I don’t believe something like an unofficial little "stay tuned" from TB’s side somewhere in the social media would piss Axl off so much. (Tom Mayhue can’t be officially considered a part of the band’s management, even though some probably think so.)
No, either they’re not doing a good job, or there’s a curse that seems to have been sticking on this band for decades, whether it’s problems with gigs, weather, in-ear monitors, leaks, sub-par design, or official releases. It's just too much for a coincidence, man. 

I am pretty sure they are given the direction that communication comes from the band, not from them. They are not empowered to make their own decisions on when to communicate and what to communicate. Partially, I would think, because Axl sees little need in communicating, and partly because they haven't been very good at communication when they have done it previously. At least, that's my impression of the situation now. 

And in this particular case there isn't a huge need to say anything, either. Saying anything would more or less reveal something is in the works, that a single is coming, and apparently, the plan is not to reveal that now. But maybe tomorrow, who knows? That the single was available through TouchTune jukeboxes for a few days is just a curiosity that doesn't really need talking about. It is clear as day what happened: it was prematurely released and is now retracted until the real release date comes.  

I think there might be more drama behind the scenes and that releasing an album or some songs is not really that easy for GNR. As a private person I would love all the village leaks to come out in a finished state, but if I was in charge of the label for sure I would rather have a complete new GNR song to promote that Slash and Duff helped write. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Saying anything would more or less reveal something is in the works, that a single is coming, and apparently, the plan is not to reveal that now. But maybe tomorrow, who knows? That the single was available through TouchTune jukeboxes for a few days is just a curiosity that doesn't really need talking about. It is clear as day what happened: it was prematurely released and is now retracted until the real release date comes.  

Yeah but plans change, don't they? And since people already know this thing is coming, as it's already leaked, maybe some comment wouldn't be a completely bad idea. Given their poor release history, people pay attention to even small potatoes like this. After all, the info has already appeared on some music webs. They need to act more flexibly. But yes, it's ultimately up to the one man. 

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah but plans change, don't they? And since people already know this thing is coming, as it's already leaked, maybe some comment wouldn't be a completely bad idea. Given their poor release history, people pay attention to even small potatoes like this. After all, the info has already appeared on some music webs. They need to act more flexibly. But yes, it's ultimately up to the one man. 

If I was in charge there would be lots of communication, I would definitely have acknowledged the fuck up and talked about the upcoming release of Perhaps and also talked about all other plans I had for the unreleased music.

Flexibility is a luxury not typically granted to huge organizations that rely on many third parties when plans have been set in motion. And it certainly doesn't help that you have a top management division who are not empowered to act on their own and an owner who is notoriously likely to change his mind and rash in his anger. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, betterman said:

What if label is just interested in a new GNR song to promote and refuse to do some promotion for 20 year old touched up demos, but this is Axls will and therefore all the screw ups?

I don't think the label cares. As long as they have a product to push, they don't care about the origins

• Like 2